Thank you sir, may I have another.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Thank you sir, may I have another.

...but don't forget he wants to lower the sales tax to 4.5 percent. Personally..I think it should be the other way around...if at all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

...but don't forget he wants to lower the sales tax to 4.5 percent. Personally..I think it should be the other way around...if at all.

Agreed on both points:  That it is backawards, and we shouldn't even be thinking about raising any taxes.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Look under the guise of fairness:

Those who make less will see less of a tax bite paid on essential purchases.  While they see an increase in taxes countered by a doubling of personal deductions.

Mini-me is following the Obama tax philosophy of taxing the middle class workers to support those who don't work.

It also sets himself up to leave office as the education and tranportation Governor as he gets ready for 2016.  By then Mass will have redemmed its Tax-achusetts label.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

Look under the guise of fairness:

Those who make less will see less of a tax bite paid on essential purchases.  While they see an increase in taxes countered by a doubling of personal deductions.

Mini-me is following the Obama tax philosophy of taxing the middle class workers to support those who don't work.

It also sets himself up to leave office as the education and tranportation Governor as he gets ready for 2016.  By then Mass will have redemmed its Tax-achusetts label.

You are right on.

I find it odd, peculuar actually, that the middle class doesn't see the paradox here.  Obama claims that he is not going to raise their taxes.  Why did he make that claim, I mean, other than the obvious electioneering?  

The reason is simple.  Obama knows the middle class is where the money is, and didn't want to tip his hand that it is the middle class that will be taxed.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

legal theft!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

And apparently double exemptions.

I heard that yesterday as well. Silly really..raise tax rates..double exemption. Why bother raising tax rate? Better to raise the sales tax..then you can capitalize on those tourist dollars.

This morning I heard all the transportation increases are also still on the table as well. I think Patrick has lost his mind.

I wouldn't mind paying a little more to improve the transportation system in this state..but I do mind paying it when the transportation system in this state is so corrupt..full of overpaid political hacks at leadership positions rather than people who are actually qualified.

Only when Patrick shows a serious effort at reforming the mismanagement and corruption will I willingly fork over more money to improve the system. Further..when that transportation plan includes improvements that go beyond the Boston area..then it will get my support. I am tired of paying for things that make Boston better..but not the rest of the state. ....there..done venting for the day :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

legal theft!!

Actually is is democracy in action.  Get more votes!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

In response to tvoter's comment:

legal theft!!

Actually is is democracy in action.  Get more votes!

We can't buy or bribe them like the Democrats can.

Oh please. You want different politicians in office then go out and run for office. Recruit candidates. Get out the vote. Stop being lazy and saying the other side buys votes. Be the change you want to see. The biggest problem with this state is apathy and monday morning quarterbacking. Get out on the playing field and participate in your government.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:

The biggest problem with this state is apathy and monday morning quarterbacking.

I disagree. There are much bigger problems than apathy and quarterbacking. 

Absolutely, there's nepotism, croneyism, reverse-racism, a totally corrupt HOUSE and State Senate, over-loaded ranks of State workers just lining up for pensions at age 55, I could go on and on.

Then, they pass the gambling bills to get more revenue, and we can't even break ground because all the pols aren't getting enough kick-backs yet to approve the licenses.

Next, we're looking at new taxes on everything from income, tolls, DMV, gasoline, etc.

Anyone making over 108k is going to get whacked with higher income taxes, and this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I didn't vote for these people, I can't get out of this state fast enough.......

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to cookie-rojas' comment:

The biggest problem with this state is apathy and monday morning quarterbacking.

I disagree. There are much bigger problems than apathy and quarterbacking. 

Absolutely, there's nepotism, croneyism, reverse-racism, a totally corrupt HOUSE and State Senate, over-loaded ranks of State workers just lining up for pensions at age 55, I could go on and on.

Then, they pass the gambling bills to get more revenue, and we can't even break ground because all the pols aren't getting enough kick-backs yet to approve the licenses.

Next, we're looking at new taxes on everything from income, tolls, DMV, gasoline, etc.

Anyone making over 108k is going to get whacked with higher income taxes, and this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I didn't vote for these people, I can't get out of this state fast enough.......

Yup, but the LWNJ's here think that the biggest problem with this state is apathy and monday morning quarterbacking. No wonder they kept Patrick at the helm. 

I guess you didn't get that my apathy and monday morning quarterbacking meant in politics. Corruption exists because the voters of MA are too lazy to run for office or get involved or too uniterested to vote out the incumbants. Much easier to just complain on a anonymous politics forum. You don't like the way government is run? Then change it. You have the power.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

[QUOTE] 

I heard that yesterday as well. Silly really..raise tax rates..double exemption. Why bother raising tax rate? Better to raise the sales tax..then you can capitalize on those tourist dollars.

This morning I heard all the transportation increases are also still on the table as well. I think Patrick has lost his mind. 

I wouldn't mind paying a little more to improve the transportation system in this state..but I do mind paying it when the transportation system in this state is so corrupt..full of overpaid political hacks at leadership positions rather than people who are actually qualified.

Only when Patrick shows a serious effort at reforming the mismanagement and corruption will I willingly fork over more money to improve the system. Further..when that transportation plan includes improvements that go beyond the Boston area..then it will get my support. I am tired of paying for things that make Boston better..but not the rest of the state. ....there..done venting for the day :-)

[QUOTE]

+1

And is it true that all the increases won't even reduce the T's huge debt?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

The only thing good about the sales tax is that it forces the 50% of working people who pay no income taxes to actually participate. 

I feel better when the person in front of me in line who has an Iphone 5 and uses her EBT card to buy cigarettes is actually paying a sales tax. 

It makes sense that Patrick would shift the tax burden from the takers and move more of it to the givers.  It's better for dem elections..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

The only thing good about the sales tax is that it forces the 50% of working people who pay no income taxes to actually participate. 

I feel better when the person in front of me in line who has an Iphone 5 and uses her EBT card to buy cigarettes is actually paying a sales tax. 

It makes sense that Patrick would shift the tax burden from the takers and move more of it to the givers.  It's better for dem elections..

Sections
Shortcuts