Thank you to the Greatest Generation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Thank you to the Greatest Generation

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: Thank you to the Greatest Generation

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Without a doubt!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Unbelievable courage.  A trip to Normandy is on my bucket list.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

Unbelievable courage.  A trip to Normandy is on my bucket list.

Mine too .... and I'll be crying like a little baby

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Let's not forget the men who probably meant the most to the success of operation overlord. The 101st airborne. Without them the ground troops probably never get even half as far inland as they did on the first day of the invasion. 

I still can't fathom how terrifying it must have been being on one of those boats and being greeted with a barage of MG 42 fire when the gate lowered. 

" The eyes of the world are upon you"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

I like to thank the people who took the small amount of time to leave a comment on this discussion .... it's important to remember all the brave things that the generations before ours did so we can be free .

Semper Fi !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

My Uncle Jack's first (of 3) purple hearts and (of 12) bronze stars.  2 silver stars and enough medals to cover 4 kids.  Greatest indeed.

Greg thank God for people like your Uncle Jack .... the things that he seen and did I wouldn't want to wish on any human being  .... I hope he had a good life

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Great post, Sis! I recently met an old veteran who jumped into Normandy with the 101st on D-Day. I was so honored to meet him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

What those rangers did on those cliffs is incredible. One of the most daring assaults in the history of warfare.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Hopefully the Viet Nam guys dont get kicked to the curb here?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

No Bill I would never kick my two older brothers who were in Viet Nam in 68, 69 and 70 or my uncles who fought in Korea to the curb

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

No Bill I would never kick my two older brothers who were in Viet Nam in 68, 69 and 70 or my uncles who fought in Korea to the curb

Good. I lost good friends and my father to the evil orange crush.

F.ckers

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

A salute to those before (grandfather was in Europe in WWII, father was in Viet Nam) and also to those going in:

I was at an anime con a few weeks ago. I was there to push a convention I work on and also the club I belong to (that runs the con I was pushing). When you do this, you can put in for what is called a 'fan table', which is usually in a hallway. In this case they the table I was at was just outside the dealer's room doors.

At one point I found myself talking to a couple from CT. The lady was very interested in the convention, but when I said when it took place her heart sank, for she would not be able to attend with her husband, for he is in the Navy, and at that time of year he's on duty.

My thanks to him for serving and may he and all soldiers return safely.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB8Nkn3Xjes