Thank you to the Greatest Generation

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: Thank you to the Greatest Generation

In response to Godvernment's comment:

File:He who joyfully marches - Albert Einstein.jpg

Even though he deplored war and warned FDR of Germany ambition of building a WMD how much influence did he have on the building of the A-Bomb ..... E = MC2 ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

File:War2.gif

I don't wish violence on anyone and I would rather use diplomacy ...... but with that being said you and I are living a pretty good life that somebody else paid for ..... I think that sacrifice DEMANDS our thanks and RESPECT .

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't wish violence on anyone and I would rather use diplomacy ...... but with that being said you and I are living a pretty good life that somebody else paid for ..... I think that sacrifice DEMANDS our thanks and RESPECT .

[/QUOTE]

WW2 vets certainly didn't sacrifice anything for me. if i were to be thanking anyone and calling them the greatest generation it would be those who fought in the american revolutionary war.

[/QUOTE]

WW2 Vets sacrifices are allowing you and I to have this discussion even if the NSA are keeping tabs on us ..... but I respect your opinion I just don't agree with it .

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

WW2 vets certainly didn't sacrifice anything for me. if i were to be thanking anyone and calling them the greatest generation it would be those who fought in the american revolutionary war.

[/QUOTE]

WW2 Vets sacrifices are allowing you and I to have this discussion even if the NSA are keeping tabs on us ..... but I respect your opinion I just don't agree with it .

[/QUOTE]

i have no problem agreeing to disagree. the lie that soldiers fight for our freedom has long been debunked. 

[/QUOTE]

Soldiers have fought and died for our freedom ...... and I don't disagree some have fought and died for lies ....... when you enlist you agree to be our country's Policemen ....... when I was in the military I was 18 years old .... I did what was required of me because I was kung ho and I served for the guys who were in my fire team , squad, platoon, company and my battalion .....

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

i have no problem agreeing to disagree. the lie that soldiers fight for our freedom has long been debunked.

----------------------

If in some smothering dreams you too could pace
    Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
    And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
    His hanging face, like a devil's sick of sin;
    If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
    Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
    Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
    Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,--
    My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
    To children ardent for some desperate glory,
    The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
    Pro patria mori.

Wilfred Owen - 1917

I never read that poem before ..... I just looked it up and read it ........ very vivid

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

you're entitled to an opinion, but how "strong" does it make you to call someone else weak over the internet?

your little graphic actually says "it's human to be anti-war". so, what is it to be pro-war? there are cetainly "great" soldiers, however they aren't great because they are soldiers, they are great as individuals. the best example i can think of from WW2 is Howard Zinn. soldiers aren't great, people are. you can keep repeating that they fight for our freedom, but i have yet to see you prove it. you don't even have the freedom to post online or send a text message without being monitored by the government. ha!

btw, what wars have you fought in, tough guy?

I wasn't trying to be strong online .... I used those words ungrateful, weak and little because I knew that they would get your attention and btw that is what I think of you ever since you said that WW2 Vets didn't do anything for you ... that was one of the most disgusting things I read on BDC ..... you had the nerve to belittle all those who landed on that "meat grinder" called Normandy Beach ...... they stopped the worst person in modern  history ... a animal who enslaved and murdered 10's of millions human beings  ...if that isn't fighting for our freedom I don't know what is ....

What wars have I fought in ......... let's say that I was in the service between 76 and 84 and I was scared more than a few times ..... by tough .. if you mean being rugged and be able to taking a beating and keep coming ... then you are right about me .....

btw being monitored by the government .... who cares ..... I got nothing to hide .....

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Yes I thank my father's generation for its sacrifices and the drive and commitment they had to the nation for the following 50 years.. 

...the man who really counts in the world is the doer,...  TR 1891

Sections
Shortcuts