Thank you to the Greatest Generation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re: Thank you to the Greatest Generation

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Sister,

I know you have said you are posting many more pictures than posts as of late. But from what I have seen your pictures are wonderful and poignant.

The ones throughout this thread brought tears to my eyes.

When "Saving Private Ryan " came out may criticized it for being too graphic...esp. the 1st 20 minutes. I thought it was necessary for people to see something close to the reality of war and what our soldiers did and do go through.

Old cliche but a picture tells a thousand words. So keep putting up your pictures with pride.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Sister,

I am so sorry "God...." did his best to take over your thread. Obviously his posts belong elsewhere.

Second, this poster, if he really wants people to listen to his positions would do well to not go beyond heated exchanges but to personal attacks such as he has on Gregin and WDYWN.

Chose this post to reply to since it is so appropriate to my post.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Godverment,

I am now at least the 3rd poster you have made a personal attack on by calling me a hypocrite among other things in your above post.

I learned a very long time ago that if you want other people to be open to your POV is to not attack them. It is just human nature that when you are attacked most people will dig in their heels and stay entrenched in their original POV.

I only had to hear that once for it to make absolute sense to me and stay with me from then on.

You are responsible for what you post in the forums. If your goal is to really have other posters open up and have a discussion with you, attacking them is probably not the way to go. Other posters are responsible for what they post. If they attack you , you can rise above it, ignore it and stay with your points. I have seen other posters do it with great effect.

You might also reconsider the posts that strongly suggested your posts did not belong on this thread...a thread started by a former marine who has fought overseas and posters wanted to contribute to. I agree you should have started your own thread...very easy to do...and posters would have posted on it or not. Since  I just came back from taking a break for personal reasons I do not know if you are a single issue poster. The forums have had those. One focused on the Catholic Church comes to mind. Posters did contribute to his endless threads. One thing he did not do if memory serves is jump other posters' threads.

I hope you consider my post with an open mind. I also hope you start a new thread focused on the issues you want to discuss and try to post without the rancor I have seen here.                                                           

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

i've got one guy telling me Palestinians don't exist and another telling me everyone hates them... no, you're not anti-semetic islamophobes...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Godvernment

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

[QUOTE]

you're entitled to an opinion, but how "strong" does it make you to call someone else weak over the internet?

your little graphic actually says "it's human to be anti-war". so, what is it to be pro-war? there are cetainly "great" soldiers, however they aren't great because they are soldiers, they are great as individuals. the best example i can think of from WW2 is Howard Zinn. soldiers aren't great, people are. you can keep repeating that they fight for our freedom, but i have yet to see you prove it. you don't even have the freedom to post online or send a text message without being monitored by the government. ha!

btw, what wars have you fought in, tough guy?

I wasn't trying to be strong online .... I used those words ungrateful, weak and little because I knew that they would get your attention and btw that is what I think of you ever since you said that WW2 Vets didn't do anything for you ... that was one of the most disgusting things I read on BDC ..... you had the nerve to belittle all those who landed on that "meat grinder" called Normandy Beach ...... they stopped the worst person in modern  history ... a animal who enslaved and murdered 10's of millions human beings  ...if that isn't fighting for our freedom I don't know what is ....

What wars have I fought in ......... let's say that I was in the service between 76 and 84 and I was scared more than a few times ..... by tough .. if you mean being rugged and be able to taking a beating and keep coming ... then you are right about me .....

btw being monitored by the government .... who cares ..... I got nothing to hide .....

"btw being monitored by the government .... who cares ..... I got nothing to hide ....."

that's beside the point.... 

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

"for the past 50 years the Allied war has been sanitized and romanticized almost beyond recognition by the sentimental, the loony patriotic, the ignorant, and the bloodthirsty." -Paul Fussell

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

File:War2.gif

I don't wish violence on anyone and I would rather use diplomacy ...... but with that being said you and I are living a pretty good life that somebody else paid for ..... I think that sacrifice DEMANDS our thanks and RESPECT .

[/QUOTE]

WW2 vets certainly didn't sacrifice anything for me. if i were to be thanking anyone and calling them the greatest generation it would be those who fought in the american revolutionary war.

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]speaking german? give me a break dude. exterminated? that's a whole different story for a whole other thread.

This is a thread honoring WWII vets, and you declared that they never did anything for you.

[QUOTE]funny i don't see you campaigning against the extermination of palestinians by israel.[/QUOTE]

Extermination? You have evidence of death camps? 

It's amazing that Israel won't just give these people a state for free, what with how peace-loving and friendly they've been to Israel. Why, let's see.

They're a collection of assorted arabs that no other Arab country in the region wants any part of. There haven't been "Palestinians" since the Ottomans seized the place several centuries ago. The British took over after. These are not descendants of the original Palestinians. Now, that doesn't mean they aren't human.

But let's consider. What happens when you work with other countries to invade a non-belligerent, letting them use your land to do so, and you - the agressor country - loses? In reality, when an aggressor loses a war, the victor takes what he wishes. The aggressor forfeits its sovereignty by being an aggressor. Land is taken, land is occupied, reparations are levied. Don't like it? Don't try to wipe another country off the face of the Earth.

But let's say you get away with occupation. Now, what do you think happens when the defeated aggressor spends the next several decades launching tens of thousands of mortar, rocket, and bomb attacks on the men, women, and children of the country that has defeated them? Is this peace offering likely to inspire the country to give you land?

Well what if that country withdraws from occupation because it's so evil. What do you think happens when the defeated rocket launchers elect a terrorist organization dedicated to destroying the country that defeated them? When the civilians in the now not-occupied land burn synagogues chanting "Death to Israel. Death to the Jews."?

But yeah. When Israel responds to yet another rocket attack and a civilian is accidentally killed, that makes Israel the bad guy...right...   

[/QUOTE]

whoa whoa whoa slow down. there is too much psycho babble to respond to at one time. 

first you say "extermination? you have evidence of death camps?

have you heard of the gaza strip and the west bank? are you denying that the land called "israel" since 1984 had previously been inhabited by another people who have since been "wipped off the map"? are you forgeting that it was jews who were given someone else's land for free? what right did israel have to be given that land that belonged to someone else?

[/QUOTE]

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Godvernment,

Perhaps you will learn with time and experience that when you want to have a productive disscussion/debate on what is important to you that your current approach is not the way to go about it.

I am sure you are aware of Einstein's definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Maybe you can see the correlation here?

If the posters wanted you gone you would be gone by now. They are still trying to work with you. Otherwise, with the number of personal attacks, profanity and enormous amount of spamming you would probably be out of here by now.

However, the moderators can flag you all by themselves.

I am sure other posters are wondering why I do not just let you self destruct. I am beginning to wonder the same thing myself at this point.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Hey Kid ... wish your Old Man a Happy Father's Day for me .. will ya ..... and you are right .
    "Home of the free because of my Daddy"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Hey Kid ... wish your Old Man a Happy Father's Day for me .. will ya ..... and you are right .
    "Home of the free because of my Daddy"

Ditto!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words...thanks for posting this Sis..and thank you to all the brave men and women who sacrifice so much for the things that we take for granted.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts