Thank you to the Greatest Generation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re: Thank you to the Greatest Generation

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Sister,

I know you have said you are posting many more pictures than posts as of late. But from what I have seen your pictures are wonderful and poignant.

The ones throughout this thread brought tears to my eyes.

When "Saving Private Ryan " came out may criticized it for being too graphic...esp. the 1st 20 minutes. I thought it was necessary for people to see something close to the reality of war and what our soldiers did and do go through.

Old cliche but a picture tells a thousand words. So keep putting up your pictures with pride.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Sister,

I am so sorry "God...." did his best to take over your thread. Obviously his posts belong elsewhere.

Second, this poster, if he really wants people to listen to his positions would do well to not go beyond heated exchanges but to personal attacks such as he has on Gregin and WDYWN.

Chose this post to reply to since it is so appropriate to my post.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Godverment,

I am now at least the 3rd poster you have made a personal attack on by calling me a hypocrite among other things in your above post.

I learned a very long time ago that if you want other people to be open to your POV is to not attack them. It is just human nature that when you are attacked most people will dig in their heels and stay entrenched in their original POV.

I only had to hear that once for it to make absolute sense to me and stay with me from then on.

You are responsible for what you post in the forums. If your goal is to really have other posters open up and have a discussion with you, attacking them is probably not the way to go. Other posters are responsible for what they post. If they attack you , you can rise above it, ignore it and stay with your points. I have seen other posters do it with great effect.

You might also reconsider the posts that strongly suggested your posts did not belong on this thread...a thread started by a former marine who has fought overseas and posters wanted to contribute to. I agree you should have started your own thread...very easy to do...and posters would have posted on it or not. Since  I just came back from taking a break for personal reasons I do not know if you are a single issue poster. The forums have had those. One focused on the Catholic Church comes to mind. Posters did contribute to his endless threads. One thing he did not do if memory serves is jump other posters' threads.

I hope you consider my post with an open mind. I also hope you start a new thread focused on the issues you want to discuss and try to post without the rancor I have seen here.                                                           

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Godvernment,

Perhaps you will learn with time and experience that when you want to have a productive disscussion/debate on what is important to you that your current approach is not the way to go about it.

I am sure you are aware of Einstein's definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Maybe you can see the correlation here?

If the posters wanted you gone you would be gone by now. They are still trying to work with you. Otherwise, with the number of personal attacks, profanity and enormous amount of spamming you would probably be out of here by now.

However, the moderators can flag you all by themselves.

I am sure other posters are wondering why I do not just let you self destruct. I am beginning to wonder the same thing myself at this point.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Hey Kid ... wish your Old Man a Happy Father's Day for me .. will ya ..... and you are right .
    "Home of the free because of my Daddy"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Hey Kid ... wish your Old Man a Happy Father's Day for me .. will ya ..... and you are right .
    "Home of the free because of my Daddy"

Ditto!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words...thanks for posting this Sis..and thank you to all the brave men and women who sacrifice so much for the things that we take for granted.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Sections
Shortcuts