The 2 biggest Problems for each Candidate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The 2 biggest Problems for each Candidate

For Obama:

• Sluggish Economy
    • No Clear Road Map for getting Economy going

For Romney:

• Unlikeable
    • Flip/Flopping - no one trusts him

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: The 2 biggest Problems for each Candidate

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

For Obama:

• Sluggish Economy

For Romney:

• Unlikeable

Right now it appears more trust Romney that Obama!! lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

I don't think Romney is unlikeable so much as distant.  And he has no clear road map to recovery either.  Jobs will be created, but without job programs...  The deficit will be fixed with spending cuts, tax cuts (!) all to be determined some how or other...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Mr. Romney is a weak candidate.  All he's got is money and looks.  And I don't mean his money.

Weak?  First, because the (Citizens United) money beat the conservatives here first.  Now he's got every position on every position that matters to his constituency.  And not only can they not trust him on his positions, they cannot trust him not to gaffe again.  All they have left to believe in is a higher power (not the Lord), The Republican Establishment, trusting that he and they will not betray them.  Again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

Jobs will be created, but without job programs...  

Spoken like a true progressive...all that is good comes from government... ..

"Jobs programs" for liberals mean more useless fat-pensioned phony lifetime government positions for cronies....

Real productive jobs are created  in the private sector when the goddamned government gets the hell out of the way...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to BetheKoolaid's comment:

"Jobs programs" for liberals mean more useless fat-pensioned phony lifetime government positions for cronies....

Real productive jobs are created  in the private sector when the goddamned government gets the hell out of the way...

I think there's probably some common ground here - I'm pretty liberal, but disgusted with what government employees get away with compared to the private sector, as well as the disparity in compensation and benefits.

But that said, any time you talk about cutting spending, that's going to mean cutting jobs.  Maybe some of those jobs are more than the current holders deserve, but it's not going to help get GDP increase growth, and now we're talking about a 4% growth rate, which is extremely optimistic.

This is the main problem I have with Romney's economic talk - he's promising a bunch of things that can't possibly happen - you can't cut taxes the way he's talking, and cut spending, and increase military spending by 200 billion, and promote GDP growth by 4% and reduce the deficit.  He's just telling people what he wants to hear.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

I think there's probably some common ground here - I'm pretty liberal, but disgusted with what government employees get away with compared to the private sector, as well as the disparity in compensation and benefits.

But that said, any time you talk about cutting spending, that's going to mean cutting jobs.  Maybe some of those jobs are more than the current holders deserve, but it's not going to help get GDP increase growth, and now we're talking about a 4% growth rate, which is extremely optimistic.

This is the main problem I have with Romney's economic talk - he's promising a bunch of things that can't possibly happen - you can't cut taxes the way he's talking, and cut spending, and increase military spending by 200 billion, and promote GDP growth by 4% and reduce the deficit.  He's just telling people what he wants to hear.

First, the largest job loss has been in the public sector, and the great majority of job recovery is in the private sector.

Second, Mr. Romney could, and might, crystalize his message by saying, "I will give each and every American $XXX straight across and straightaway," rather than the vague percentages he's been promising.  Remember President Bush II giving everyone, what, $300 or $600, plus one in the bank when we would file our taxes, just before his second election, and just after an oil price spike?  This idea depends on the debt and deficit (ruse) disappearing the day Mr. Romney is elected.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:

First, the largest job loss has been in the public sector, and the great majority of job recovery is in the private sector.

Second, Mr. Romney could, and might, crystalize his message by saying, "I will give each and every American $XXX straight across and straightaway," rather than the vague percentages he's been promising.  Remember President Bush II giving everyone, what, $300 or $600, plus one in the bank when we would file our taxes, just before his second election, and just after an oil price spike?  This idea depends on the debt and deficit (ruse) disappearing the day Mr. Romney is elected.

I agree.  When you look at just the private sector numbers, jobs are increasing at a rate nearly as strong as during the height of the real estate bubble.  That was an artificial economy - to me this is an incredibly impressive point for the Obama administration.  If you added in the republican-blocked jobs bills and a normal public sector growth rate, the economy wouldn't even be an issue in this election.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

I agree.  When you look at just the private sector numbers, jobs are increasing at a rate nearly as strong as during the height of the real estate bubble.  That was an artificial economy - to me this is an incredibly impressive point for the Obama administration.  If you added in the republican-blocked jobs bills and a normal public sector growth rate, the economy wouldn't even be an issue in this election.  

Yes.  The other key message that is abroad in the land, but they need to crystalize, is:

"Vote for us, president and congress, and we'll end the blockade."

Then pray that they can retain the base.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

For Obama:

• Sluggish Economy

For Romney:

• Unlikeable

Obama

• Brewing controversy over the Libyan Ambassador killing; earlyadministration misinformation is creating questions about foreign policy prowess at exactly the wrong time.  Time for a scapegoat.

Romney

• Needs to put some substance on his 5 point plan and have a better answer to the $5T tax cut.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

How do you promise to create 14 million jobs if you have no plan on how to create them?  Of course this must come from or through the government, he is running for president when he makes this promise.  Yet he wont use government...  Magic beans?

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

How do you promise to create 14 million jobs if you have no plan on how to create them?

The same way you grow the military by $2 trillion, and promise to cut everyones taxes by 20% and claim it won't grow the debt/defecit.

You troll the countryside with a bible wrapped in a flag for votes from predominately uneducated, fake news channel watching buffoons who ignorantly vote against their own best interest.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

How do you promise to create 14 million jobs if you have no plan on how to create them?

The same way you grow the military by $2 trillion, and promise to cut everyones taxes by 20% and claim it won't grow the debt/defecit.

You troll the countryside with a bible wrapped in a flag for votes from predominately uneducated, fake news channel watching buffoons who ignorantly vote against their own best interest.

Or you buy people stuff, and don't make them work for it, that gets votes too!

• Sections
    Shortcuts