The Buffett falacy!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The Buffett falacy!

"If you took every single penny that Warren Buffett has, it'd pay for 4-1/2 days of the US government. This tax-the-rich won't work. The problem here is the government is way bigger than even the capacity of the rich to sustain it.

The Buffett Rule (minimum tax of 30% for millionaires and billionaires) would raise $3.2 billion a year, and take 514 years just to pay off Obama's 2011 budget deficit."

wake up people; the size, iefficiencies and fraud in govt is the problem and throwing more money at a problem without fundamental changes (reform and cuts) never works!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re: The Buffett falacy!

You need more revenue and less government spending both.  Basic.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yep, I was wrong.

Lets try again.

Like 2010?

[/QUOTE]

What did Obama call 2010? A schalacking!! lmcao!!

2012 was a wash no party gained any power!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Heh, heh, heh...ya that makes sense.

Just ignore the MOST RECENT election results because everyone knows the further back in history you go the more relevent the lesson gets.

Just ignore voter demographics. I'm sure you wingnuts will be able to produce enough angry white men to overcome reality. 

[/QUOTE]

What did Obama call 2010? A schalacking!! lmcao!!

2012 was a wash no party gained any power!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

It just isn't Buffett.

But all these economists must be wrong just because you don't like what they say.

Former Republican speechwriter and noted conservative economist Ben Stein may not be invited back on Fox & Friends any time soon after he dropped a megaton truth bomb in the studio earlier this morning.

Asked by Gretchen Carlson what needs to be done in order to fix the economy, Stein said unequivocally that taxes need to be increased for upper-echelon earners.

"I hate to say this on Fox, and I hope I'll be allowed to leave here alive, but I don't think there is anyway we can cut spending enough to make a meaningful difference," Stein said. "We going to have to raise taxes on very rich people, people with incomes of like say, 2, 3 million a year and up, and then slowly move it down."

Thinking he may have misheard the Ferris Bueller star, Steve Doocy asked Stein if he doesn't think "Washington just has a spending problem."

"I do not think they just have a spending problem," Stein replied. "I think they also have a too-low taxes problem. And while all due respect to Fox, whom I love like brothers and sisters, the taxes are too low."

[/QUOTE]

I agree with him!!

But to raise taxes without draconian cuts in govt spending is a frivolous act and will do nothing!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to tvoter's comment:

I agree with him!! But to raise taxes without draconian cuts in govt spending is a frivolous act and will do nothing!!

And that's where your obfuscation comes in.

The Dems have ALWAYS put budget cuts on the table, to the tune of 3 or 4 to 1 of cuts to taxes. It's the whacko wingnuts who are being DlCKS and acting like obstinate children, even after losing the last election, badly.

[/QUOTE]

The last "tune of cuts" the dems put up were actually reductions in increases of spending not reductions from current levels of spending; and they were to be phased in starting a couple years later while the tax increases were immediate!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

Ummm, hey spanky, elections do have consequences. The wingnuts are just being immature dolts if they continue to repeat the exact same things they have for the past 4 years.

[/QUOTE]

I agree and the majority party has the consequence of leading the minority party to compromise not trying to run roughshod over them because they won like the dems did in 2009 We are all still paying for that abuse and the retaliation due to a greater divide politically.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

I agree and the majority party has the consequence of leading the minority party to compromise not trying to run roughshod over them because they won like the dems did in 2009 We are all still paying for that abuse and the retaliation due to a greater divide politically. 

The wingnuts stubbornly refuse to raise revenues.

The dems refuse to install actual cuts in govt spending!

That's not compromise that's childish petulance on both sides!

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Darn...I thought this was going to be a post about Jimmy Buffet.  The other day while at a dentist appoint the Buffet song " Big Old Goofy World" came on. 

"I'd be wise as an owl..instead of stubborn as a mule".

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.