The disappearing polls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

The disappearing polls

Where did the polls of who won the debates go?  The first debate generated about a 3:1 consensus that Mr. Romney won.  The following three were followed by "instant" polls of pollsters' samples, such as CNN's famous "381 likely voters" after the second that had 1/3 Romney, 1/3 the president, 1/3 undecided etc.  But in all cases, the open surveys in which anyone could participate had the vice president and president winning. 

In the Globe's, of 6-7000 people each, the president won by 2:1.  In the Denver, Salt Lake City and San Francisco papers, each with 10,000+ participants, it was 3:1 in favor of the president and vice president in all of the latter three debates.  Little fanfare.  Then they quickly disappeared.  CNBC, the largest, most vaunted one after the first debate, didn't do any more polls after that one.  And some polls famously folded their tents in "battleground states" that they were convinced were already slam dunks for Mr. Romney.

What happened?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: The disappearing polls

What happen is that just enough voters just  don't like or trust romney.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

What happen is that just enough voters just  don't like or trust romney.

Off topic sister but Barry needs all the endorsements he can get.

God bless America.

If there is a God and I doubt that there is I know he's betting on Obama !

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:

If there is, I hope you find ... her.

ditto !

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I disregard most polls and last night's result is one of the reasons why.

All of that being said...in the world of polls..locally..the Suffolk polling seemed to be the most accurate and nationaly..Nate Silver was pretty spot on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I disregard most polls and last night's result is one of the reasons why.

All of that being said...in the world of polls..locally..the Suffolk polling seemed to be the most accurate and nationaly..Nate Silver was pretty spot on.

I wonder why Suffolk pulled out of FLA,NC and VA a couple of weeks ago ? They stated at that time that Obama wasn't close in those states. They have some explaining to do .

Sections
Shortcuts