The failed war on weed

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: The failed war on weed

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

[QUOTE] Skeeter..you do know a lot of people use it for medicinal purposes

The people who oppose marijuana for medical purposes - ie, straight up pain relief - are the most deluded of the lot.

Here is what those people are saying (and as you know, I am not really directly adressing you):

"NO! Marijuana is evil! Hippies smoke it, and they smell bad. Shoot that morphine! Slap on that fentanyl patch! I don't care if you vomit up your breakfast every day. I don't care if you're going to die in two years no matter what. Marijuana is immoral. Try heroin."

I mean..you really can't satirize it because it's so profoundly......stupid. Hopelessly and utterly.

[/QUOTE]

Honestly..I don't understand their argument. I can only assume that it is based on ignorance about where our current prescription narcotics come from.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to andiejen's comment:

[QUOTE]

skeeter,

http://marijuana-as-medicine.org/Overview%20-%20Part%20IV.htm

Marinol, or the "pot pill" is actually far less effective in helping cancer patients. The above article gives a great overview of this pill, including its origins that everyone interested in this issue I strongly urge to read.

Indeed. The "study" he cited involved people putting their hands in cold water for 2 minutes and reporting about how much pain they felt.

Actual terminal patients far prefer to smoke or vaporize the marijuana. THC is only one of many active ingredients in marijuana.

Additionally, ingesting it by smoking or vaporizing it can produce more of a high - and surprise surprise, like opiates that high is a necessary part of the painkilling aspect. It distracts the patient.

Fortunately government propoganda dupes like skeeter are in a shrinking minority on the issue, as more evidence comes in.

[/QUOTE]

Heroin is a great pain killer.  Should we legalize that?

[/QUOTE]

Well Skeeter..funny you should mention it. Heroin is dirived from opium. Know what else is made from opium..? Morphine. Morphine is currently legal with a prescription and my guess is..although I don't know..is that it has far more negative side effects than marijuana.

Plus..you need to consider that different things work for different people. Current narcotic pain relievers might work for some people but not others. Many years ago I was rushed to the hospital with a serious medical emergency..in the worst pain I've ever had in my life. They gave me morphine to deal with the pain until they could get me into the OR...the morphine did not touch my pain..at all...and I am someone for whom a single advil is usually more than enough to get rid of most pain. 

So..if a little marijuana helps someone in constant pain who doesn't respond well to other meds..then I am all for it. Frankly..it is none of our business!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

skeeter,

Marinol, or the "pot pill" is actually far less effective in helping cancer patients. The above article gives a great overview of this pill, including its origins that everyone interested in this issue I strongly urge to read.

Indeed. The "study" he cited involved people putting their hands in cold water for 2 minutes and reporting about how much pain they felt.

Actual terminal patients far prefer to smoke or vaporize the marijuana. THC is only one of many active ingredients in marijuana.

Additionally, ingesting it by smoking or vaporizing it can produce more of a high - and surprise surprise, like opiates that high is a necessary part of the painkilling aspect. It distracts the patient.

Fortunately government propoganda dupes like skeeter are in a shrinking minority on the issue, as more evidence comes in.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well Skeeter..funny you should mention it. Heroin is dirived from opium. Know what else is made from opium..? Morphine. Morphine is currently legal with a prescription and my guess is..although I don't know..is that it has far more negative side effects than marijuana.

Plus..you need to consider that different things work for different people. Current narcotic pain relievers might work for some people but not others. Many years ago I was rushed to the hospital with a serious medical emergency..in the worst pain I've ever had in my life. They gave me morphine to deal with the pain until they could get me into the OR...the morphine did not touch my pain..at all...and I am someone for whom a single advil is usually more than enough to get rid of most pain. 

So..if a little marijuana helps someone in constant pain who doesn't respond well to other meds..then I am all for it. Frankly..it is none of our business!

[/QUOTE]

Well, drug fact tidbits. Morphine is one of two ingredients in opium, made from opium poppies. Codeine is the other ingredient.

So codeine and morphine are your two perfectly natural opiates.

Hydrocodone, oxycodone, diphydracodamine, etc., are all derived from codeine.

Hydromorphone, Oxymorphone, and Di-Acetyl-Morhpine (aka Heroin) are derived from morphine.

Then there are synthetics: Propoxyphene, Methadone, Fentanyl, etc., which mimmick the structure and/or effect of the genuine opiates.

All of these are more dangerous than pot. None of them are good for people who already have no appetite and keep food down because of chemo or the disease itself.

For someone (skeeter, etc) to suggest that somehow these are better than marijuana is insane.

For someone (skeeter, etc) to suggest that kids will get their hands on dope now that it can be gotten for medicinal purposes (or in WA&CO, for fun) is...well....   ]

....let's just say they haven't been paying attention for the last 100 years....   

[/QUOTE]

Ah...thanks for clarifying. Funny..I actually thought it was the other way around with morphine ( and codeine for that matter). I thought opium was an ingredient..but actually they make up opium. That actually makes more sense.

Too funny about skeeter thinking legal prescription marjiuana will be easy to get. He clearly hasn't needed to get a prescription narcotic lately. A few months ago..hubbie was passing a kidney stone. Took a couple of weeks to pass..and a couple of refills on the codiene.  To pick them up I had to show a license and sign for it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

The "hippies" thing gave me a good laugh......

This song is for Skeeter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zErP5QoMA3w

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TlBTPITo1I

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6aXlqPMEXk

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:

http://www.vice.com/read/the-war-on-weed-still-expensive-racist-and-failed

I think republicans would lighten up if they started to light up!

So since my post was removed, I'll ask and hopefully no one has it removed this time....

Could you point me to the legislation put forth by the Dems for legalizing pot at the federal level?

Also, what's Obama's stance on legalizing pot at the federal level?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

skeeter,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Twist and turn, run away. Very good.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not running away.  I point out that the two places dope has been legalized for "medicinal  purposes" have been disasters.  Anyone with an earache can get medicinal dope in California or Colorado.  It has led to a complete corruption of the original purpose. No one wants to deal with that.  

I am not against people smoking dope if it helps with their pain.  However, I don't know why they think that society has to be completely disrupted in order for them to do so.  Solve the distribution problem, and we are all good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

skeeter,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, drug fact tidbits. Morphine is one of two ingredients in opium, made from opium poppies. Codeine is the other ingredient.

Hydromorphone, Oxymorphone, and Di-Acetyl-Morhpine (aka Heroin) are derived from morphine.

Then there are synthetics: Propoxyphene, Methadone, Fentanyl, etc., which mimmick the structure and/or effect of the genuine opiates.

All of these are more dangerous than pot. None of them are good for people who already have no appetite and keep food down because of chemo or the disease itself.

For someone (skeeter, etc) to suggest that somehow these are better than marijuana is insane.

For someone (skeeter, etc) to suggest that kids will get their hands on dope now that it can be gotten for medicinal purposes (or in WA&CO, for fun) is...well....   ]

....let's just say they haven't been paying attention for the last 100 years....   

[/QUOTE]

Dammit! In the time it took me to compose my response to Skeetard, you all stole my thunder! But whatever. I'm curious as to his response. It'll probably be something along the lines of "If you only prayed unto Jesus your pain would have been relieved. For did he not say 'physician, heal thyself.'" Or some other such thing. Althought, I do remember a verse from Timothy...."Don't drink only water. You ought to drink a little wine for the sake of your stomach because you are sick so often.". But, nah......that might encourage alchoholism.

[/QUOTE]

Ah, so, your anti-christian venom is all you care about.  Glad you got that out.

That you can't look at how legalization has worked in California and Colorado and say, woah, let's take a pause figure this out a little better, is just astounding.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

skeeter,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Heroin and weed are two completely different animals. Ever see a heroin addict? Ever see what heroin does to a person and what affect it has on that person's loved ones?

How many weed addicts you ever hear about? How many musicians have there been who've died at the hands of pot? Been too many who've died at the hands of heroin though. 

You're comparing apples and hand grenades

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

[QUOTE]

The loudest voices against pot legalization (and pro-WoD generally):

1) Big Pharma (because of money they think they'll lose)

2) Evangelizers (because of "morality" they think is at stake)

3) Private Prison Companies (because of the number of inmates they profit from will be reduced)

All of whose arguments are highly flawed from the get-go.

Can any conservatives here cop to indulging in the sweet leaf from time-to-time...?  Or is that just something that 'libruls' do...?

I guess you are blind to the problems legalization, as it has been enacted, for "medical" reasons, is completely abused in California and Colorado.

Need a better plan or approach.

[/QUOTE]

I'm well aware of the problems...which are far outweighed by the influences I listed above, which all want decriminalization to fail for their own benefit...

...not to mention the many, many problems prohibition has caused to no end or rational goal.

Define "abuse", because I think you're the one who's blind.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

skeeter,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dammit! In the time it took me to compose my response to Skeetard, you all stole my thunder! But whatever. I'm curious as to his response. It'll probably be something along the lines of "If you only prayed unto Jesus your pain would have been relieved. For did he not say 'physician, heal thyself.'" Or some other such thing. Althought, I do remember a verse from Timothy...."Don't drink only water. You ought to drink a little wine for the sake of your stomach because you are sick so often.". But, nah......that might encourage alchoholism.

[/QUOTE]

Ah, so, your anti-christian venom is all you care about.  Glad you got that out.

That you can't look at how legalization has worked in California and Colorado and say, woah, let's take a pause figure this out a little better, is just astounding.

[/QUOTE]

I don't have anti-christian venom. I have anti-you venom.

[/QUOTE]

Cool!

The anti-venom is the truth.  Try it, and you are cured.