The failed war on weed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: The failed war on weed

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Oh, and by the way:

Where are the so-called libertarians who are FOR the unfettered right to own guns but AGAINST the right to smoke herb...?

Because it's largely the same difference, even though bullets kill more people than weed ever did.

Your comparison is way off.

Supporting the right to keep and bear arms isnt a Libertarian issue, it is a Constitutional issue.

"Bullets kill more people than weed ever did."  Weak.

His comparison is not off at all. True libertarians would believe in both a person's right to bear arms..and a person's right to smoke pot ( or use any other drug).

Exactly right. I go even a step further and say legalize gambling and prostitution also. People should be able to do what they choose as long as it doesn't harm another being.

Except drink a large soda?

Progressives worship the Government as our masters, so your "feel good" statements and what Democrats do are quite different.

They dont call Democrats the Party of Government for nothing.... Obama Administration Adds 11,000 Pages of Federal Regulations .....a 2008 study  estimated the annual cost of compliance for all federal regulations at $1.7 trillion...

Okay....except that we were talking about libertarians. You know they are not the same as Dems...right..?

The Party of Government is about as far from libertarian as one can get.

[/QUOTE]

Cricket wasn't saying the current admin is libertarian. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Oh, and by the way:

Where are the so-called libertarians who are FOR the unfettered right to own guns but AGAINST the right to smoke herb...?

Because it's largely the same difference, even though bullets kill more people than weed ever did.

Supporting the right to keep and bear arms isnt a Libertarian issue, it is a Constitutional issue.

His comparison is not off at all. True libertarians would believe in both a person's right to bear arms..and a person's right to smoke pot ( or use any other drug).

Exactly right. I go even a step further and say legalize gambling and prostitution also. People should be able to do what they choose as long as it doesn't harm another being.

Progressives worship the Government as our masters, so your "feel good" statements and what Democrats do are quite different.

They dont call Democrats the Party of Government for nothing.... Obama Administration Adds 11,000 Pages of Federal Regulations .....a 2008 study  estimated the annual cost of compliance for all federal regulations at $1.7 trillion...

[/QUOTE]

Okay....except that we were talking about libertarians. You know they are not the same as Dems...right..?

[/QUOTE]

Are you a libertarian?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

By your logic..should we  then criminalize oxycodone, codeine, morphine, percocet...etc?

---------------------------------

Those ARE criminalized

No, they're NOT. They are legal when prescribed. Much like weed is becoming. What don't you understand?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

By your logic..should we  then criminalize oxycodone, codeine, morphine, percocet...etc?

Those ARE criminalized

No, they're NOT. They are legal when prescribed. Much like weed is becoming. What don't you understand?

[/QUOTE]

That would be the point.  Hello!  Medicinal weed and legal weed are different.

So, yes they ARE

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I got a little out of the thread. My bad. Keep up the good fight though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejvcd-JeVCQ

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

Hey Skeeter...you do know that a significan number of drug addicts also abuse prescription narcotics...right? By your logic..should we  then criminalize oxycodone, codeine, morphine, percocet...etc?

How come you don't use the same argument about guns (you know..the one where because some people might abuse it..it should be illegal?)

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

Please. Weed? It tends to be the least addictive of all that is an addictive substance. Skeeter is fine with far more addictive and destructive things provided they are legal. Tobbacco and alcohol? That's fine. They are legal and taxed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Oh, and by the way:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you a libertarian?

[/QUOTE]

Am I..? I wouldn't say so. I have share some libertarian beliefs..but not enough of them to identify myself as a libertarian.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Those ARE criminalized

They are criminalized if you possess them without a prescription...but perfectly legal if you have a prescription. Although..prescription or not..if you get caught driving under the influence that's a crime.

I am thinking you missed the point of my post to skeeter. He doesn't believe in using marijuana for medicinal purposes ( AKA with a prescription from a doctor). I was trying to demonstrate to him that we already have some forms of other "illegal drugs" available for medicinal use ( again..with a prescription).  I was trying to demonstrate to him ..essentially..that the sky is not going to fall if marijuana becomes available by prescription.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

[QUOTE]

I was trying to demonstrate to him ..essentially..that the sky is not going to fall if marijuana becomes available by prescription.

Pot is easier to get than alcohol until one turns 21....and skeeter concludes that legalization/regulation/taxation will suddenly put pot in kids hands.

Lets um.... think about that for a second.

[/QUOTE]

Let's.  

studies have shown that legalization has increased the overall supply and increased the availability to the under aged, particularly in neighboring communities.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/315008/339/Police-Drug-problems-rise-after-pot-legalization

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Except drink a large soda?

Is everyone who disagrees with a conservative answerable for the policies of one mayor?

[/QUOTE]

Yes. Absolutely.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

I was trying to demonstrate to him ..essentially..that the sky is not going to fall if marijuana becomes available by prescription.

Pot is easier to get than alcohol until one turns 21....and skeeter concludes that legalization/regulation/taxation will suddenly put pot in kids hands.

[/QUOTE]

Skeeter is blissfully happy in the world of tin foil hats. Even though you and I understand this..somehow..I think it will still remain beyond Skeeter's grasp.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLQYkbzSz5s

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Skeeter is blissfully happy in the world of tin foil hats. Even though you and I understand this..somehow..I think it will still remain beyond Skeeter's grasp.

[/QUOTE]

And Skeeter remains oddly silent on the effects of turning 21 years of age. Alcohol is/has been far more damaging than weed (dope for the skeeter). But since booze is something that skeeter has a handle on, it's fine. It's legal. It's taxed and regulated. Granted, even though it's not possible to overdose on weed, like it is on alcohol, that's not worth getting into.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Yes, let's think about that.  The statement you are responding to from a previous poster is BS, completely unsupportable.

I don't conclude that legalizing pot as it has been done in Colorado and California puts pot into children's hands, that's what the data shows.  You can ignore the facts if you like, but it doesn't make your strawman any more true.

You have so lost your way on this that facts do not matter.  Putting pot dispensiaries on every street corner and allowing anyone who one day had walked through the lobby of a medical school to write a prescription for any reason does not serve those in need of dope for pain management.  What is does is broaden the distribution and use of dope in the general population, many of whom are under age.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Yes, let's think about that.  The statement you are responding to from a previous poster is BS, completely unsupportable.

I don't conclude that legalizing pot as it has been done in Colorado and California puts pot into children's hands, that's what the data shows.  You can ignore the facts if you like, but it doesn't make your strawman any more true.

You have so lost your way on this that facts do not matter.  Putting pot dispensiaries on every street corner and allowing anyone who one day had walked through the lobby of a medical school to write a prescription for any reason does not serve those in need of dope for pain management.  What is does is broaden the distribution and use of dope in the general population, many of whom are under age.

You realise there are alcohol dispensiaries (your "word", not mine) located on nearly every street corner allowing anyone over the age of 21 to legally purchase booze, right? You can also buy booze in many movie theatres as well. You'd be hard pressed to find a decent restaurant that does not serve alcohol. By your logic, what this does is broaden the distribution and use of booze in the general population, many of whom are under age.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

He doesn't believe in using marijuana for medicinal purposes ( AKA with a prescription from a doctor)

----------------------

Well, I do, but I do not support legalization. 

I've narrowed my scope.  I do support medical dope.  I don't support the way people tend to implement it, i.e. California and Colorado.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Well, one hallmark of staunch conservatism is a context-free fear of change.

I might say one hallmark of liberalism is a context-free fear of the truth.