"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. "

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. "

Wow.  I guess if Obama gets re-elected, we can expect more critics of islamic terrorists to be frog-marched into the police station for "questioning".

What is it, specifically, that Obama is trying to tell us?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re:

It sounds like he is saying "we support and fight for free speech but, if, you use it to slander the prophet of islam your future is doomed".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re:

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Americans, he said, “have fought and died around the globe to protect the right of all people to express their view.”

And he said pointedly that “there is no speech that justifies mindless violence.”

“There are no words that excuse the killing of innocents,” Mr. Obama said. “There is no video that justifies an attack on an embassy. There is no slander that provides an excuse for people to burn a restaurant in Lebanon, or destroy a school in Tunis, or cause death and destruction in Pakistan.”

[/QUOTE]

And, he said the future cannot belong to those who slander the prophet Mohammed.  What does he mean? Why doesn't it? What will he do to slanderers of the great prophet?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

In response to tvoter's comment:

It sounds like he is saying "we support and fight for free speech but, if, you use it to slander the prophet of islam your future is doomed"

It will always sound like whatever you want it to sound like.

[/QUOTE]

His exact quote is "the future must not belong to those that slander the prophet if islam"

Why not?

Can it belong to those that slander Jesus? or is that different?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

It sounds like he is saying "we support and fight for free speech but, if, you use it to slander the prophet of islam your future is doomed"

It will always sound like whatever you want it to sound like.

[/QUOTE]

His exact quote is "the future must not belong to those that slander the prophet if islam"

Why not?

Can it belong to those that slander Jesus? or is that different?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re:

Skeeter:  It is about respect.  You respect the beliefs of others as they should respect your own.  It is not surprising you fail to understand this basic concept.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

Can it belong to those that slander Jesus? or is that different

I figured you'd be more comfortable in this thread than in the one where I posed the full speech.

The surounding paragraph is (and look to the bolding):

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. Yet to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see when the image of Jesus Christ is desecrated, churches are destroyed, or the Holocaust is denied. Let us condemn incitement against Sufi Muslims, and Shiite pilgrims. It is time to heed the words of Gandhi: “Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit.” Together, we must work towards a world where we are strengthened by our differences, and not defined by them. That is what America embodies, and that is the vision we will support.

BDC conservative FAIL. Again and again and again and again....   

[/QUOTE]

Can't you see that the follow-on statements are simply cover?  They read like the small print on a car commercial.

You have "slandering the prophet" being compared to "the image of Jesus Christ being desecrated". Old topic, no riots involed.  The two are not even in the same ballpark.  It is simply pandering.  Pander, pander, pander.

We all know the real point is not to slander the prohet Mohammed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re:

In response to Reubenhop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Skeeter:  It is about respect.  You respect the beliefs of others as they should respect your own.  It is not surprising you fail to understand this basic concept.

[/QUOTE]

So, Obama is telling us to respect Mohamed, or else?  Or else what?

Blowing people up, hating people, and killing ambassadors in the name of Mohammed is about respect?

I respect any valid religion, period.  I've never said anything different.

You used to be fun to discuss issues with, but you have "evolved" into a progressive troll.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re:

[/QUOTE]

Blowing people up, hating people, and killing ambassadors in the name of Mohammed is about respect?

You used to be fun to discuss issues with, but you have "evolved" into a progressive troll.

[/QUOTE]

There is no "or else" in the equation that is just you making stuff up to help maintain your progressive conpiracy delusion.  You were fun too until you revealed yourself as not just a right winh kook, but as a homophobe.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re:

[/QUOTE]

Everything is in motion, nothing is static. Everything needs limits.

What happens when the extreem of respect jeopardizes ones culture, laws, country and freedoms?

Does ANY country on the planet show MORE respect ? at any time in mans existance ?

What happens when these "influences" disrespect OUR way of live, laws and culture?

Do we not have the responsibility to defend or do we go to extreems in showing more 'respect'.. ? There have to be limits counselor.

[/QUOTE]

Stop babbling.  Your can respect beliefs as long as they don't directly lead to harm.  You can always confront harmful actions.  I think your ideas are disrespectful to our way of life, but you certainly are entitled to them as long as you don't act on them.  Get it now?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

Re:

". Yet to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see when the image of Jesus Christ is desecrated, "

Really?  This equivalency argument is absurd on its face.

Desecration of the image of Jesus Christ was not condemned but was PAID FOR BY U.S. TAXPAYERS , under the guise of artistic license...

The Book of Mormon desecrated the Mormon religion, and Sec of State Clinton attended the play.

Moreover, the  issue with radical Islam is not  images of Jesus Christ, but harassment, imprisonment and killing of Christians as heretics...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re:

In response to Reubenhop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is no "or else" in the equation that is just you making stuff up to help maintain your progressive conpiracy delusion.  You were fun too until you revealed yourself as not just a right winh kook, but as a homophobe.

[/QUOTE]

Really?  So why is slandering Jesus OK and Mohammed it is not?  Where's the respect in that?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Can't you see that the follow-on statements are simply cover

Only a lying idiot can see that. Sorry.

[/QUOTE]

Rose colored glasses.  Obam comdemns slandering Mohammed, but does not condem slandering Jesus.

If it is aobut what he said, and if it is about respect, how can Obama respect people who are anti-semetic to the core?  How can Obama respect people who are harrasing and on occasion killing coptic christians?

I think the problem here is illuminated by Obama's quote, that is:  There is a street names after Islam and Mohammed, it is called "One Way".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Rose colored glasses.  Obam ... does not condem slandering Jesus [/QUOTE]

Sh!t stained glasses. Try again:

The future must not belong to those who target Coptic Christians in Egypt  it must be claimed by those in Tahrir Square who chanted €"Muslims, Christians, we are one."€ The future must not belong to those who bully women it must be shaped by girls who go to school, and those who stand for a world where our daughters can live their dreams just like our sons. The future must not belong to those corrupt few who steal a country's resources it must be won by the students and entrepreneurs; workers and business owners who seek a broader prosperity for all people. Those are the men and women that America stands with; theirs is the vision we will support.

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. Yet to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see when the image of Jesus Christ is desecrated, churches are destroyed, or the Holocaust is denied. Let us condemn incitement against Sufi Muslims, and Shiite pilgrims. It is time to heed the words of Gandhi: "€œIntolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit."€ Together, we must work towards a world where we are strengthened by our differences, and not defined by them. That is what America embodies, and that is the vision we will support.

[/QUOTE]

Shift them AGAIN.  Obama said different things about different groups.  Ww are not allowed to slander Mohammed,  the IMAGE of Jesus must not be desecrated.  Two COMPLETELY different things.  For one, no one is going to kill you if you desecrate the image of Jesus.

Face facts, Obama is pandering to the Islamists, they laugh at him, kill our ambassador, Obama apologizes/blames a youtube video for making them kill our ambassador.

This guy Obama is not worthy of our support on that alone.

Oh, and on a side note, all the cr@p I've taken about being a christian here, a sign of respect?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re:

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. Yet to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see when the image of Jesus Christ is desecrated, churches are destroyed, or the Holocaust is denied. Let us condemn incitement against Sufi Muslims, and Shiite pilgrims. It is time to heed the words of Gandhi: “Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit.” Together, we must work towards a world where we are strengthened by our differences, and not defined by them. That is what America embodies, and that is the vision we will support.   

So I suppose that we'll start seeing this administration condemning the works of Bill Mahar et all. Or do we have to wait for another ambassador to be murdered for that to happen?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re:

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So I suppose that we'll start seeing this administration condemning the works of Bill Mahar et all. Or do we have to wait for another ambassador to be murdered for that to happen?

[/QUOTE]

I think Obama is quite clear.  You can slander any religion, as long as it is not Islam.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

Conservative response above =  "My fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears, my fingers are in my ears,"

You're trying too hard. Doth protest. And so on.

[/QUOTE]

..said the person who understands nothing other than Obama is God.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Re:

It becomes more clear that skeeters brand of politics is more closely aligned with the makers of the video and the violent protestors- both spreading hate and misinformation just like skeeter2.0

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Re:

The freedom to offend is an inherent right of a free society, you don't have to like it but you have to accept it.