The Girl Scouts' Allegedly Radical Feminist Lesbian Agenda What conservative Christian rumors about the group get wrong—and right.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

The Girl Scouts' A...

Most of us, if pressed to think about the Girl Scouts, conjure up images of girlish innocence: summer camp, volunteerism, and, of course, cookies. A small but growing segment of the public, however, has started to think of the Girl Scouts in far darker terms.

More than a decade ago, Kathryn Jean Lopez of the National Review wrote: "The Girl Scouts' leaders hope to make their youthful charges the shock troops of an ongoing feminist revolution." A number of prominent voices on the Christian right went on to join her in sounding an alarm about the organization, accusing it of religious and sexual subversion. Cathy Ruse of the Family Research Council alleged that the organization is "pushing promiscuous sex on the girls." Bob Knight, while working for Concerned Women for America, accused the Girl Scouts of drifting into "radical feminism," and while the word "witchcraft" has yet to be trotted out, popular right wing website WorldNetDaily has accused the Girl Scouts of promoting "lesbianism" and "paganism."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

Re: The Girl Scouts' Allegedly Radical Feminist Lesbian Agenda What conservative Christian rumors about the group get wrong&#...

Sounds very... progressive. Don't ya think?

Paganism, lions and bears Oh my !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: The Girl Scouts' Allegedly Radical Feminist Lesbian Agenda What conservative Christian rumors about the group get wrong&#...

The Girl Scouts have long left the reservation when it comes to being supportive of typical values.  I had some opportunity to deal with the girls scouts at an organizational level, and let me tell you, radicalization and lesbianism seem to be their main goals.

Read this:

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=97977

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

Lesbians have feelings too.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: The Girl Scouts' Allegedly Radical Feminist Lesbian Agenda What conservative Christian rumors about the group get wrong—and right.:
    [QUOTE]Lesbians have feelings too.....
    Posted by KittyDuke[/QUOTE]

Lesbians can go feel elswhere.

This is the lesbian method of procreation:  turn a bunch of girl scouts into lesbians.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: The Girl Scouts' Allegedly Radical Feminist Lesbian Agenda What conservative Christian rumors about the group get wrong—and right.:
    [QUOTE]I love lesbians!
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I'm one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Is this similar to liberals branding the Boy Scouts homophobic and denying them access to public facilities? Something like that?

By the way Greg, I actually do love hanging with lesbians. Let me tell ya, those girls can party!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

[QUOTE]Is this similar to liberals branding the Boy Scouts homophobic and denying them access to public facilities? Something like that? By the way Greg, I actually do love hanging with lesbians. Let me tell ya, those girls can party!
    Posted by StalkingButler[/QUOTE]

N o that also was right wingers that branded them like that. The lefts argument was based on the reigious aspect of the scouts being allowed use of government bases.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I am definitely pro-lesbian.

But accusing the girl scouts of promoting lesbianism is like accusing four-H clubs of promoting bestialism.

In the meantime, when can we start dissing the conservative christians' "anti-sex agenda" they're constantly pushing...??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]I am definitely pro-lesbian. But accusing the girl scouts of promoting lesbianism is like accusing four-H clubs of promoting bestialism. In the meantime, when can we start dissing the conservative christians' "anti-sex agenda" they're constantly pushing...??
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Matty, Matty, Matty.  you didn't read the article, did you? 

Go back, read the article, then recant.  simple.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Girl Scouts' Allegedly Radical Feminist Lesbian Agenda What conservative Christian rumors about the group get wrong—and right. : Matty, Matty, Matty.  you didn't read the article, did you?  Go back, read the article, then recant.  simple.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

I did.  Both articles.  And...??

I see no reason to recant what I said.   The christianist right's accusations are off-the-charts hysteria over not-much-at-all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Girl Scouts' Allegedly Radical Feminist Lesbian Agenda What conservative Christian rumors about the group get wrong—and right. : I did.  Both articles.  And...?? I see no reason to recant what I said.   The christianist right's accusations are off-the-charts hysteria over not-much-at-all.

Really?  No problem with removing christianity as acceptable, yet encouraging young girls to put up Bhuddist peace pole's, walk wiccan circles, and so on?

I guess you just agree with what the girl scouts are doing.  I see it as a devolution of principle into an "anything goes" mentality.

RECANT!!!  (kidding)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Girl Scouts' Allegedly Radical Feminist Lesbian Agenda What conservative Christian rumors about the group get wrong—and right. : Really?  No problem with removing christianity as acceptable, yet encouraging young girls to put up Bhuddist peace pole's, walk wiccan circles, and so on? I guess you just agree with what the girl scouts are doing.  I see it as a devolution of principle into an "anything goes" mentality. RECANT!!!  (kidding)

Nope.  No problem at all.

But then, in my view, certain wiccan and buddhist practices are just as legitimate ideas of spirituality as christianity. 

I also believe that religious-philosophical theory (not doctrine...big difference) should be taught in all schools to give kids a broad understanding of the world's different faiths. 

(P.S. I was an eagle scout as part of my local church.  I highly value the BSA if not entirely their dogmatic parochialisms.) 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Girl Scouts' Allegedly Radical Feminist Lesbian Agenda What conservative Christian rumors about the group get wrong—and right. : Nope.  No problem at all. But then, in my view, certain wiccan and buddhist practices are just as legitimate ideas of spirituality as christianity.  I also believe that religious-philosophical theory (not doctrine...big difference) should be taught in all schools to give kids a broad understanding of the world's different faiths.  (P.S. I was an eagle scout as part of my local church.  I highly value the BSA if not entirely their dogmatic parochialisms.) 

Attaining Eagle Scout is quite an honor, very impressive, kudos.
    Gov. Rick Perry is an Eagle Scout, even wrote a book about scouting.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Girl Scouts' Allegedly Radical Feminist Lesbian Agenda What conservative Christian rumors about the group get wrong—and right. : Attaining Eagle Scout is quite an honor, very impressive, kudos. Gov. Rick Perry is an Eagle Scout, even wrote a book about scouting.
    Posted by BobinVa[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  (I wasn't born a "moonbat", y'know...)

I had heard about Perry's book...I'll check it out, but Fed Up was quite the ideo-slog-ue...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Girl Scouts' Allegedly Radical Feminist Lesbian Agenda What conservative Christian rumors about the group get wrong—and right. : Nope.  No problem at all. But then, in my view, certain wiccan and buddhist practices are just as legitimate ideas of spirituality as christianity.  I also believe that religious-philosophical theory (not doctrine...big difference) should be taught in all schools to give kids a broad understanding of the world's different faiths.  (P.S. I was an eagle scout as part of my local church.  I highly value the BSA if not entirely their dogmatic parochialisms.) 

Good for you.  I was a scout as well, but discovered some "other" things of interest when I should have buckled down.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Girl Scouts' Allegedly Radical Feminist Lesbian Agenda What conservative Christian rumors about the group get wrong—and right. : Good for you.  I was a scout as well, but discovered some "other" things of interest when I should have buckled down.

Oh, I discovered those things, too.

I've always been good at multi-tasking....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Girl Scouts' Allegedly Radical Feminist Lesbian Agenda What conservative Christian rumors about the group get wrong—and right. : Oh, I discovered those things, too. I've always been good at multi-tasking....

I discovered I was a Lesbian.  Really rocked my world.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

So, you would be fine with an article or an activity that asked the girls scouts to pray openly to the Christian god?  The equivalent is being done for the wiccan and bhuddist religions.

Myself, I don't think any of it belongs.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sof7squash. Show sof7squash's posts

I often have flaming lesbian tendencies.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]You honestly think its equivalent?
    Posted by movingtarget3[/QUOTE]

Practicing Bhuddist and Wiccan rituals? Yes, it is in the article.  Other than being a lesbian, I am too old for the girl scouts, so, no personal experience.

do I think Bhuddism and Wiccan are equivalent to Christianity?  Sill question.  of course not.