The Godmother of Fake Hate Crimes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: The Godmother of Fake Hate Crimes

For progressives, the "truth" is just a tool to use as a means to an end.

Like Lizzy and her AmerInd heritage, President Obama and his dreams of his father, John (did you know he served in Vietnam?) Kerry's heroism. Hillary Clinton who suddenly discovered Jewish ancestors when running for office in New York and her husband (I didn't inhale.)

I could go on...

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

For progressives, the "truth" is just a tool to use as a means to an end.

Like Lizzy and her AmerInd heritage, President Obama and his dreams of his father, John (did you know he served in Vietnam?) Kerry's heroism. Hillary Clinton who suddenly discovered Jewish ancestors when running for office in New York and her husband (I didn't inhale.)

I could go on...

--

SB,

I could match every one of progressives with a conservative,but, for my first reply to you after my 2 month involuntary hiatus I thought I would just give you one liberal/conservative joke since you used to make me laugh.

"Conservatives want to engrave the Ten Commandments on every doorpost in the country.

Liberals want to tape the Bill of Rights over the Ten Commandments in every Bible on the planet"

Hope your summer is going well. Very happy to "see" you again. You have been missed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Funny :-)

--

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to Dahboo77's comment:

We could go on. And on. And on.

It's too bad they didn't. What I see in the OP is: two fake hate crimes, one unsolved hate crime, are reference to false rape allegation, and an otherwise unidentified incident in another University.

SB, too, could have gone on in his indictment of all of these so-called "progressives" as being all liars. But he didn't.

If I were to emulate the OP and SB, I suppose I would find myself saying that conservatives love dishonestly and insultingly smearing entire groups based on a few cherry-picked bad acts.  But I wouldn't say that. Because it would be dishonest and foolish.

There's a lesson here somewhere. I think.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

NWDYW,

"There's a lesson here somewhere. I think."

There is indeed a lesson. The lesson is not to indict SB and the OP. 

One lesson is too many times posters go back and forth pointing fingers when bad behavior is pointed out.

Obama did this...Bush did that...Clinton did this, Reagan did that and so forth. The thread goes off the rails with this behavior which illuminates very little. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

We actually have an official moderator now, but thanks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:

I am well aware and extremely happy the forum has an official moderator, NWDYW.

Reading MM's posts as well as observing MM's actions so far, I do not think and MM has said, he/she has no intention to micromanage the political forum.

The forum behavior I commented on in my post I think, IMO, is something MM would not get involved in. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from babytut. Show babytut's posts

perfect. i wish you could see me slapping my knee.

it will still gain speed as it goes flying over her head.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to babytut's comment:

Nice to see you babytut.

As I said above, I am very happy the forum has an official moderator now, with more BDC staff to come.

For one, it has been very interesting how some posters have altered their posting style so quickly.

Too bad some posters are no longer here for this much needed transition. I think they would have been pleased. Posters like say jmel and Pink for example.

It has only been a week but it feels longer. Wish it had happened much sooner but maybe having had to wait so long for positive change makes this so much better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to hypertext's comment:

Keeping it classy as always.

Thank you, hypertext.

Thought I would handle it with a little humor.

My buttons are not pushed quite so easily. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForumModeratorMM. Show ForumModeratorMM's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

Reading MM's posts as well as observing MM's actions so far, I do not think and MM has said, he/she has no intention to micromanage the political forum.

The forum behavior I commented on in my post I think, IMO, is something MM would not get involved in. 

Andiejen, 

Let's return to the topic at hand please. NowWhatDoYouWant is certainly entitled to his/her opinion, as is everyone on this forum. From what I have seen the all posters on this site are perfectly capable of holding their own in a debate.

Thank you, 

MM

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to ForumModeratorMM's comment:

In response to andiejen's comment:

Andiejen, 

Let's return to the topic at hand please. NowWhatDoYouWant is certainly entitled to his/her opinion, as is everyone on this forum. From what I have seen the all posters on this site are perfectly capable of holding their own in a debate.

Thank you, 

MM

MM,

Of course I will.

Just to explain, in the post I wrote which begins, "There's a lesson here somewhere. I think.", nowhere was I posting as if I was a moderator.

NWDYW's reply I believe was uncalled for...snarky if you will. That is why I wrote the 3 line post I did after his.

Respectfully,

andiejen

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from babytut. Show babytut's posts

and it starts up again

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Dahboo77,

Why did you group these long past incidents into an OP? 

They are simply isolated incidents of individual behavior that all happened quite a long time ago.

Put another way, where did you see this thread going based on your OP?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to hypertext's comment:

Keeping it classy as always.

Oh please.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from babytut. Show babytut's posts

In response to Dahboo77's comment:

http://www.nationalreview.com/phi-beta-cons/39720/godmother-fake-hate-crimes" rel="nofollow">http://www.nationalreview.com/phi-beta-cons/39720/godmother-fake-hate-crimes

Last Tuesday was the sixth anniversary of the famous fake hate crime of Kerri Dunn at Claremont McKenna College. In case you missed the story way back then, Dunn, a visiting psychology professor at CMC, was scheduled to speak at a campus forum on racism. During her talk, she shocked the audience by announcing that she had been — that very day — the victim of a hate crime. Ta da!

Her car had been vandalized, its windows smashed, tires slashed. And profane, anti-Semitic graffiti covered the wreckage.

The campus was shocked. CMC and all four of its sister colleges canceled classes (they didn’t even do that on 9/11). An emotional student body held a giant rally against racism. The riveting spectacle was covered by network news.

Undoubtedly, the whole affair would have been a great career boost for Dunn if only two students hadn’t seen her doing all the vandalism herself. Dunn lost her job, of course, and also went to prison for lying to federal investigators and for insurance fraud. (She had claimed that $1,700 worth of items, including a laptop computer, had been stolen by the hate-crime bogeyman. These items were later found in a closet in Dunn’s home.)

Dunn might have avoided prison if she hadn’t tried to cash in. But her long years of education at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln, where she earned both a Ph.D. and a J.D., were not sufficient to instill in her an appreciation for the risks associated with perjury and fraud.

By the way, she wasn’t even Jewish.

Dunn-like stories have become all too familiar. Recently, we have watched the noose drama at UCSD, brought to us by an as-yet-unidentified “minority” student who finally admitted to placing the noose in the library herself.

And who could forget the Columbia University professor who claimed she found a noose on her office door a few years ago, after she came under investigation for plagiarism? She was fired for the plagiarism, but the noose case remains unsolved.

Then there was the infamous Duke lacrosse case. And another case at Northwestern. We could go on. And on. And on.

Where Kerri Dunn is now, I have no idea. But clearly her legacy is alive and well.

(Special thanks to my friend John Wilson of the New York Post, a CMC graduate and Kerri Dunn survivor, for bringing this anniversary to my attention.)

why does tawana brawley and that beacon of honesty and integrity, al Sharpton, come to mind?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Again, one cherry-picked bad act, to use the words of NWDYW.

And to match these cherry-picked bad acts with those done by conservatives in an attempt to smear entire groups would be both dishonest and foolish, to reiterate, again, NWDYW.

Sections
Shortcuts