The government is here to help!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The government is here to help!

Obama mentioned in his announcement the other day regarding gun violence and what he was going to do about it, that since Sandy Hook there has been 900 Deaths involving firearm in America.

What he did not mention was that there have been 3,400 deaths in traffic accidents since Sandy Hook. Which is the bigger problem?

Here's what they have done over the years regarding people being killed in traffic accidents. It can be argued (and has been) that the government CAFÉ Standards have force Auto Makers to make smaller, lighter and less safe cars. What used to be steel is now plastic. Government creates problems and then campaigns on how to solve the problem which then creates another problem.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: The government is here to help!

There are solutions to traffic accidents, but I don't think they're bigger, heavier cars; they might be safer for those inside the car, but conversely they do more damage to whatever they hit.  High-speed rail and highway improvements come to mind, but they cost money.   We could stimulate the economy and improve traffic safety at the same time, but I'm guessing any attempt to do so would be met with a fillibuster.

If you're serious about addressing that issue, I'm with you.  Are you serious, or are you just deflecting attention from the initial issue?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Hey TVVOter - you never did answer the question about whether you claimed those tax credits.( aka government handouts)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:

Hey TVVOter - you never did answer the question about whether you claimed those tax credits.( aka government handouts)

LOL Tax credits are not handouts. They allow people to keep more of THEIR money so, the govt can't confiscate even more if, they have kids!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:

LOL Tax credits are not handouts. They allow people to keep more of THEIR money so, the govt can't confiscate even more if, they have kids!

Aside from wether tax credits should or should not exist, liberals don't recognize your property rights when it comes to your money.  It is the governments money.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

In response to NO MO O's comment:

I am with you but... where does it all begin from... private industry or big government?

I think any time govt gets involved, the costs of a project quadruple and doubles in time.  

Like the last couple of wars in the last decade? You know, the multi-trillion dollar wars that were  started by Bush, but only put on the books during the Obama admistration.

Yah, better to let terrorists take pot shots at us.  Let's spend the money we allocate to defend ourselves on more food stamps.