The hate network MSNBC does it again, nastily mocking Mitt Romney's adopted black grandchild

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Re: The hate network MSNBC does it again, nastily mocking Mitt Romney's adopted black grandchild

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

soxchamps = jackbu?

[/QUOTE]

Nope

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: The hate network MSNBC does it again, nastily mocking Mitt Romney's adopted black grandchild

There are several MSNBC shows that I enjoy. One of them is MHP. I didn't see this particular original show so wanted to make sure I watched the video before I commented on the comments ( so to speak).

I thought it was poor taste..more on the part of her guests..but she was the host and ultimately responsible for the comment of her show. If we are striving for a world that is blind to the color of one's skin then she failed.  This could have been a teachable moment and instead she laughed. Making jokes at the expense of an innocent child and the family that chose him was tacky.

What was the news value of even discussing the picture and flashing it on the screen asking her panel to "caption this"?

That being said..she has apologized to the Romney family so the issue should be put to rest.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

[QUOTE]

soxchamps = jackbu?

Really?

Can see the logic.

Posts in Sox and political forums just like jackbu.

Account "opened" 9/5/2013.

jackbu is under suspension...again.

soxchamps has been hostile to me off the bat...no pun intended. And will not let up though I have disengaged. 

Countdown for post removal. 3...2...1...

[/QUOTE]

See my reply to Whatdoyou 

Yet, ANOTHER post off topic.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

soxchamps = jackbu?

Soxchamps is most definitely NOT Jackbu...lol. Soxchamps has been posting in the Red Sox forum for well over a year and was well known in the Sox forum for not being a big fan of Jackbu....especially in all matters regarding David Ortiz..lol. I am sure that many other Red Sox posters can attest to that..as well as one of the moderators of the Sox forum. ( who also posts there).

As you know..there were many issues over the summer with people losing their accounts for whatever reason...thus the reason it appears that Soxchamps has been posting for only a few short months.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

soxchamps = jackbu?

[/QUOTE]

Soxchamps is most definitely NOT Jackbu...lol. Soxchamps has been posting in the Red Sox forum for well over a year and was well known in the Sox forum for not being a big fan of Jackbu....especially in all matters regarding David Ortiz..lol. I am sure that many other Red Sox posters can attest to that..as well as one of the moderators of the Sox forum. ( who also posts there).

As you know..there were many issues over the summer with people losing their accounts for whatever reason...thus the reason it appears that Soxchamps has been posting for only a few short months.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo! 

I know jackbu isn't in suspension, like an above poster has mistakenly reported. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

soxchamps = jackbu?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bingo! 

I know jackbu isn't in suspension, like an above poster has mistakenly reported. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't think WDYWN was assuming..I think he was just questioning.  When I saw that I literally laughed out loud since I remember how you two would go round and round on ...well...just about everything but especially Ortiz..lol

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Whatever you say, jack.

My first and last reply to you.

Already disengaged from "2013soxchamps" who said he was going to disengage from me.

That lasted for a NY minute. Behavior very much like jackbu's...a poster well known to this forum. And to the above poster. I got pulled into their soap opera of posting together from site to site to site until he got tired of her and put her on "ignore".

For quite awile, jackbu thought I was another screen name for her so she could have contact with him. Instead of leaving it alone,  she would write very long posts directed at him, just winding him up again. Proving to him she was not over "it" yet. That would only make him pursue me more...only because he thought I was her as well.

That led to a suspension of him it got so bad. 

There is your jackbu history since you assert you are not him. Since others will  believe you are, think you should know something about his time here.

You couldn't be more wrong. 

Again with the first and last post to me.  Engage me, don't engage me. I'll  continue to post where and when I choose. 

I'll thank you for the belly laugh though. Some folks aren't as smart as they boast.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I watched the segment, and the discussion came up during a year end rundown on a panel with some comedians.  The tone of the discussion was lighthearted and silly with MHP remarking at one point that the Romney grandchild may grow up to marry Kanye West;'s child and asking if people could imagine Romneys and Wests as in laws.  

So here is my take on this

The reality is MHP's panel stepped in it, not because they were offensive or insensitive towards the adopted child, they stepped in it because they gave the perpetually outraged right wing something resembling ammo to blast away at "liberals" for their own "racist" tendencies. All the right wing online rags are leading with this OUTRAGEOUS DISPLAY OF HYPOCRISY (Daily Caller, Townhall, Breitbart, FoxNation, and Drudge) and all are bending what actually was said into a nice neat little strawman that they can all point at from atop their very high horses. 

Problem is for MHP, all she can really do is apologize for a situation that, at worst, displayed poor judgement on the part of the panel. Anyone who has watched knows the discussion was more of free flowing conversation with guests riffing on topics and often times those conversations tilt towards snark, including this one. The RW would have everyone beleive that a black adopted child was the target of scorn here, despite the fact that nothing close to that happened. And given MHP's own ancestry, including coming from a mormon family, my guess is she felt very comfortable poking a little fun at Romney but it is pretty clear that there was no real venom intended. 

So shame on MHP for exhibiting poor judgement in this instance, but like most things angry wingers choose to go all frothy over this is much ado about nothing. The real tragedy is MHP gave them some redmeat to chew on.  Its her show, her name is on the marquee so this is her burden to bear.  

[/QUOTE]

Nice try but....

If anyone on fox made fun of a black baby in a white family all progressives would go crazy. 

Look how they acted about travon martin but we don't hear a thing on the left about the knock out game other wise know as hunting polar bears. Obama said travon martin could be his son.  What about whites who are being killed by this stupid game?

Nice try but no cigar.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

I thought it was funny.  And I certainly didn't think she was mocking a black child.  but she was using the photo to mock the Republican Party.

and the comment wasn't about the black child.  It was about how all the other children were 100% white.  No 1/2 Hispanics.  No 1/4 Asian.  Just 100% white.  It's as if the only way the Romney clan could invite a person of color into their family was if they started with a little baby - kind of like putting your toe in the water to check the temperature.

Using a baby to mock a family is shameful. Using a baby to mock republicans is shameful.

The romneys are white, so what, since when did that become a crime.  Oh no, white republicans, run for your lives!

Your comment about using a baby to get used to having a person of color in their family is beyond shameful

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I thought it was funny.  And I certainly didn't think she was mocking a black child.  but she was using the photo to mock the Republican Party.

and the comment wasn't about the black child.  It was about how all the other children were 100% white.  No 1/2 Hispanics.  No 1/4 Asian.  Just 100% white.  It's as if the only way the Romney clan could invite a person of color into their family was if they started with a little baby - kind of like putting your toe in the water to check the temperature.

[/QUOTE]

Really, you thought it was funny? THat shows us a lot about  you.

What if it were a black politicians family and they had one white baby there and someone at FX News made some snide remarks?

You'd be there with every race p1mp in the land to complain about it.

[/QUOTE]

I'd still think it was funny.  And like I said, they weren't making fun of the baby.  They were making fun how white everyone else was.  

[/QUOTE]

Why on earth would they make fun of white people in a white family?  Would they make fun of black people in a black family?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DamainAllen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I watched the segment, and the discussion came up during a year end rundown on a panel with some comedians.  The tone of the discussion was lighthearted and silly with MHP remarking at one point that the Romney grandchild may grow up to marry Kanye West;'s child and asking if people could imagine Romneys and Wests as in laws.  

So here is my take on this

The reality is MHP's panel stepped in it, not because they were offensive or insensitive towards the adopted child, they stepped in it because they gave the perpetually outraged right wing something resembling ammo to blast away at "liberals" for their own "racist" tendencies. All the right wing online rags are leading with this OUTRAGEOUS DISPLAY OF HYPOCRISY (Daily Caller, Townhall, Breitbart, FoxNation, and Drudge) and all are bending what actually was said into a nice neat little strawman that they can all point at from atop their very high horses. 

Problem is for MHP, all she can really do is apologize for a situation that, at worst, displayed poor judgement on the part of the panel. Anyone who has watched knows the discussion was more of free flowing conversation with guests riffing on topics and often times those conversations tilt towards snark, including this one. The RW would have everyone beleive that a black adopted child was the target of scorn here, despite the fact that nothing close to that happened. And given MHP's own ancestry, including coming from a mormon family, my guess is she felt very comfortable poking a little fun at Romney but it is pretty clear that there was no real venom intended. 

So shame on MHP for exhibiting poor judgement in this instance, but like most things angry wingers choose to go all frothy over this is much ado about nothing. The real tragedy is MHP gave them some redmeat to chew on.  Its her show, her name is on the marquee so this is her burden to bear.  

[/QUOTE]

Nice try but....

If anyone on fox made fun of a black baby in a white family all progressives would go crazy. 

Look how they acted about travon martin but we don't hear a thing on the left about the knock out game other wise know as hunting polar bears. Obama said travon martin could be his son.  What about whites who are being killed by this stupid game?

Nice try but no cigar.

[/QUOTE]

Are you really comparing a dumb comment made by a tv shows panel to the shooting of a 17 year old?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What if it were a black politicians family and they had one white baby there and someone at FX News made some snide remarks?

[/QUOTE]

I'd still think it was funny.  And like I said, they weren't making fun of the baby.  They were making fun how white everyone else was.  

[/QUOTE]

DWL,

This whole MHP panel "thing" will blow over very quickly.

Of course the right wing, if they cared about the family, rather than doing their best to inflate this, would jsut back off after MHP issued an apology for what happened on her panel.

MHP, herself, a black woman, in an inter-racial marriage.

How many people like that work on camera at say, oh, FOX? Uh...none.

How many Megyn...with a y...Kelly types who do not have a clue work at FOX? Uh...too too many.

How many black faces do we see at GOP conventions...esp.ompared to Democrat conventions?

Does the right wing REALLY want to talk about the party with real diversity instead of this nonsense "issue"?

[/QUOTE]

So now you have to be bi-racial to be a good commentator?  You can't be a white women to host a show?  Wow, talk about reverse discrimination.

Using a baby to make fun of a white family or republicans is shameful.  If it was done on fox to a black family, oh my goodness, the outrage would have been unreal!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

And, the reason MHP put up the photo of the Romney's????

Fact is, MHP did so because she found something wrong with the picture.  I wonder what it was?

I am reminded that someone once said something about judging people by the content of their character, not the color of their skin.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to ronreganfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And, the reason MHP put up the photo of the Romney's????

Fact is, MHP did so because she found something wrong with the picture.  I wonder what it was?

I am reminded that someone once said somethign about judging people by the content of their character, not the color of their skin.

[/QUOTE]

How do you know it's a "fact"?  Could you quote the statements about the pic that were "judging" the baby by the color of it's skin?

I am reminded that until recently the Mormon Church judged blacks very harshly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

DWL,

Of course the right wing, if they cared about the family, rather than doing their best to inflate this, would jsut back off after MHP issued an apology for what happened on her panel.

How many Megyn...with a y...Kelly types who do not have a clue work at FOX? Uh...too too many.

How many black faces do we see at GOP conventions...esp.ompared to Democrat conventions?

Does the right wing REALLY want to talk about the party with real diversity instead of this nonsense "issue"?

[/QUOTE]

So now you have to be bi-racial to be a good commentator?  You can't be a white women to host a show?  Wow, talk about reverse discrimination.

Using a baby to make fun of a white family or republicans is shameful.  If it was done on fox to a black family, oh my goodness, the outrage would have been unreal!

[/QUOTE]

Why is it shameful?

I'm surprised FOX didn't use the picture to show the world the Republicans do care about black people.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RememberTheAndrea. Show RememberTheAndrea's posts

I don't think it's very nice to use an innocent baby as fodder for a political agenda.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RememberTheAndrea. Show RememberTheAndrea's posts

Wouldn't drug testing discourage drug addicts from applying for benefits in the first place?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

DWL,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why is it shameful?

I'm surprised FOX didn't use the picture to show the world the Republicans do care about black people.

[/QUOTE]

There is a wonderful black mom out there who chose to let her baby live and not have an abortion.

A good person in the Romney family chose to give that baby a wonderful life.

This is a terrific story.

To use this nice story to put down white republicans is shameful.  In other words those who chose to use an innocent baby to put others down should be ashamed of themselves.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

"To use this nice story to put down white republicans is shameful.  In other words those who chose to use an innocent baby to put others down should be ashamed of themselves."

And all the right wing outlets who have chosen to inflate this "story" beyond all reason for their own purposes should also be ashamed of themselves.

If we are going to be fair here.

Sections
Shortcuts