1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: The Hypocrisy Of Congress's Gold-Plated Health Care

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

There are thousands of exemptions from Obamacare handed out to political friends. This means that the people that support it don't have to get scrooed by it and the people that oppose it pay for it.

What happens to private sector employees is certainly relevant to the thread. The difference in how they are treated compared to Congress is the whole point.

In an ironic twist, the call center employees that will be handling ACA calls - all part -time to keep them off Obamacare.

Obama and the librul Dems supporting working families! Here is your 25% pay cut! Take one for the Dear Leader and shut the fork up!

Hey spanky, where's your evidence about this mythical 25% pay cut everyone is supposed to get? Or are you just regurgitating more echo chamber horse hockey to pad your alternate reality?

It's not mythical.

Companies are shifting full time employees to part time. ACA defines fulltime work as 30 hours. Part time workers are exempt.

So before Obamacare, some people were paid for 40 hours. After they get paid for 29.

More wingnut wishful thinking.

The number of part-time workers is DROPPING!!!

Graph of Employment Level - Part-Time for Economic Reasons, All Industries

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/LNS12032194

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/08/obamacare-isnt-destroying-jobs-95239.html#ixzz2cXwPzarc

Like I said, any evidence or just more "I just know it's true." baloney.

Dropping, after going on a straight line assension, going from 4 million to 9 million.  Quite a jump.  Now, it is sliding back to 8 million, only a doubling of where it was in 2010.

You, my freind, are the one full of baloney.

Hey spanky, try to keep up.

Hansori and most wingnuts claim that ACA would encourage businesses to cut back hours of their workers. Hansori went so far as to say it would be a 25% pay cut for everyone.

That is patently false.

And obviously you not only have a comprehension problem but you can't read graphs work a lick either.

You really should just pack it in. You are unable to contribute anything, even with the data staring you in the face.

Are you saying companies aren't cutting some number of workers back to less than 30 hours?  Of course they are.  Again, you are full of baloney.  Facts is facts.

As far as the comprehension:  Got my numbers right off your graphs.

It bothers me that, when your plans fail to produce the result you wanted, you blame those that have been adversely affected by such plans.  That's childish.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

heres the problem with obamacare...its going to cost too much, kill jobs and limit access to healthcare while taking our care and moving it from the best on the planet to mediocrity....bad all around...but whatever....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to macnh1's comment:

heres the problem with obamacare...its going to cost too much, kill jobs and limit access to healthcare while taking our care and moving it from the best on the planet to mediocrity....bad all around...but whatever....

None of this is true.

"But whatever..."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

So in other words, Republicans kicked people off their current health care plan, and when their employer (the federal government) tried to compensate them for loss of coverage, neo-cons spun it into this ridiculous 'exemption' narrative.

I think you missed the part where private sector employees being kicked off their health care are not receiving such compensation.

Actually, you're wrong again.

Some companies ARE compensating their employees in kind for not choosing the company health plan.

Mine already does this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

There are thousands of exemptions from Obamacare handed out to political friends. This means that the people that support it don't have to get scrooed by it and the people that oppose it pay for it.

What happens to private sector employees is certainly relevant to the thread. The difference in how they are treated compared to Congress is the whole point.

In an ironic twist, the call center employees that will be handling ACA calls - all part -time to keep them off Obamacare.

Obama and the librul Dems supporting working families! Here is your 25% pay cut! Take one for the Dear Leader and shut the fork up!

Hey spanky, where's your evidence about this mythical 25% pay cut everyone is supposed to get? Or are you just regurgitating more echo chamber horse hockey to pad your alternate reality?

It's not mythical.

Companies are shifting full time employees to part time. ACA defines fulltime work as 30 hours. Part time workers are exempt.

So before Obamacare, some people were paid for 40 hours. After they get paid for 29.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/08/obamacare-isnt-destroying-jobs-95239.html#ixzz2cXwPzarc

Dropping, after going on a straight line assension, going from 4 million to 9 million.  Quite a jump.  Now, it is sliding back to 8 million, only a doubling of where it was in 2010.

Hansori and most wingnuts claim that ACA would encourage businesses to cut back hours of their workers. Hansori went so far as to say it would be a 25% pay cut for everyone.

That is patently false.

And obviously you not only have a comprehension problem but you can't read graphs work a lick either.

You really should just pack it in. You are unable to contribute anything, even with the data staring you in the face.

Never wrote that.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

It's not mythical.

That is patently false.

Are you saying companies aren't cutting some number of workers back to less than 30 hours?  Of course they are.  Again, you are full of baloney.  Facts is facts.

As far as the comprehension:  Got my numbers right off your graphs.

It bothers me that, when your plans fail to produce the result you wanted, you blame those that have been adversely affected by such plans.  That's childish.

More companies are increasing workers to full-time rather than cutting hours. That's why the number of pt-workers is declining while the unemployment rate is steady or declining. Geepers, it ain't freakin brain surgery... err sorry, I shouldn't make light of someone without one.

And the graph shows a steady decline since 2010, not a doubling of anything. Of course you have to be smart enough to read a graph to begin with.

Seriously, pull down your skirt, your ignorance is showing.

Apples and oranges there, comparing workers going to part time and the unemployment rate.  We have already established several times that the U-3 is bogus.  The real unemployment rate has been up around 14%, and has stayed there for a long time.  last month is was 13.7%.

And, on the chart, are you blind?  The chart clearly show a big spike i.e. rise, more than a DOUBLING of the number of part time workers, and you want me to get all appreciative of this slow, gradual decline, somewhere inthe neighborhood of 10% over the past three years.

Keep on trying, but you can't twist the real situation into something rosy, becasue its not.

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts