The latest wingnut ad to completely ignore reality.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Re: The latest wingnut ad to completely ignore reality.

Blind ambition. 

And the theme initiated in the debate:  "The devil made me/him do it."

He will betray them.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's no secret that the NRA is pro-wingnut.

So their latest ad should come as no surprise.

And by 'no surprise' I mean completely ignoring the reality of either candidates position and base their endorsement solely on partisan political ignorance.

The ad is predicated on lies and a wiful ignorance of the positions taken by either candidate.

The facts are simple.

Obama:

Voted for 2005 amendment placing restrictions on rifle ammunition that is "designed or marketed" to be armor-piercing.
    Voted for 2005 child safety lock amendment.
    Obama did not sign a friend-of-the-court brief that urged the Supreme Court to overturn the District of Columbia gun ban. At a debate, when asked about case, Obama said he believes "that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can't constrain the exercise of that right." Voted for 2006 amendment prohibiting confiscation of firearms from private citizens, particularly during times of crisis or emergency.

Speaker John Boehner on Tuesday said he agrees with President Obama that Congress should not approve new gun laws in response to the Colorado movie-theater shootings. 
    "The White House has made clear that they are not going to use this horrific event to push for legislation," Boehner (R-Ohio) told reporters in the Capitol, "snd I agree."

Mittens:

Well as usual it's hard to know exactly where he stands...on anything. Gun laws are no exception. He was for 'em before he was against 'em...or running for office.

Running for U.S. Senate in 1994, Romney supported the Brady Bill, which a banned semi-automatic rifles. 
    During his 2002 gubernatorial campaign, Romney said: "We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts; I support them. I won't chip away at them; I believe they protect us and provide for our safety."
    In 2004 Romney signed the toughest anti-gun legislation in the country, permanently extending a statewide ban on military-style assault weapons. At the bill-signing ceremony Romney said, "Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts.... These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/10/08/ad-watch-nra-gets-into-race-attacks-obama/

Why do the wingnuts need to rely on such ideological ignorance of their supporters?

And why do the nose-to-buttocks crowd go along with it?

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=romney+position+on+gun+control&view=detail&mid=DA56564D53513BB8050FDA56564D53513BB8050F&first=0

[/QUOTE]

I watched some of an NRA convention recently. I was amused by the beer bellied, tobacco chewing, baseball cap wearing fools. And that was just the women! LOLOLOL

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I probably should've gone with a more direct headline;

The NRA launches a swing-state ad blitz to defeat a candidate who has never advanced any anti-gun legislation in favor of one who has actually signed an assault weapons ban.

[/QUOTE]

The wingnuts are busy trying to figure out how to respond to your factual comment.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

The NRA launches a swing-state ad blitz to defeat a candidate who has never advanced any anti-gun legislation in favor of one who has actually signed an assault weapons ban.

So then you're supporting the NRA position here?

Sections
Shortcuts