The lies the Unions and the left have spread in WI

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

The lies the Unions and the left have spread in WI

"He wouldn't even meet with us"- Lie

He tried, he asked to speak with the Union heads and they refused.  Now he won't.  Let alone, the Unions tried to jam contracts thru prior to Walker coming in to office.  He asked them to stop and they told him to mind his own business.

"We spoke with the Gov and told him we accept the increase in pension and healthcare"- Lie

They have not told him of that.  They told the media.  Let alone two heads of the State Unions cannot make the leaders of the Local Unions commit, hence the reason why CB's need to be abolished.  There are too many unions in WI, let alone, no singular leader.

"There is no debt, a surplus"- Lie

We already covered that.

"He just wants to Union bust"- Lie

He just wants to balance the budget

"He gave a corporate tax reduction to all of the corporations"- Lie

He gave a 2 year reduction in taxes to businesses who come into the State.  Corporations that are already in the State were not eligible.  This is an attempt to create jobs  : )

The private sector has taken it on the chin for the past two years.  They have made sacrifices.  The public sector has been immune.  It is now time for them to step up and make sacrifices. 

By the way, Morning Joe finally addressed the hate filled signs this morning on MSNBC.  Shocking, but about time. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThinkSnow99. Show ThinkSnow99's posts

Re: The lies the Unions and the left have spread in WI

Can't a bounty hunter be hired to find one these Democrats and drag him back to Madison?....preferably hog tied.

or

Maybe Wisconsin Republicans should get creative like MA Democrats and have one switch parties for just a day to get the vote done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

They need 20. 

I always wonder, when Dems do these sorts of things, are they not capable of understanding that doing it to Repubs opens up the opportunity for Repubs to do it to them in the future? 

Wait til Repubs use reconciliation to pass a bill that has nothing to do with the budget.  Dems will lose their minds. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

According to local Wisconsin news the Dem Senators are coming back today at 11:00 to introduce over 100 amendments to Gov Scott Walker's budget bill.  By tomorrow it should be over.  If Walker gets his way he'll bump Gov Cristie from the the top of the GOP Presidential leader poll.

I see a draft Gov Walker for Preseident campaign starting up, hey if Obama can get elected on an image of hope and change then Walker should get elected for implementing hopeful change.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

agreed.  Walker is very articulate and can handle himself in enemy waters.

I like him.  How about Walker Pres, Christie VP.  Seeing Biden and Christie debate would be amusing!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThinkSnow99. Show ThinkSnow99's posts

In Response to Re: The lies the Unions and the left have spread in WI:
    [QUOTE]agreed.  Walker is very articulate and can handle himself in enemy waters. I like him.  How about Walker Pres, Christie VP.  Seeing Biden and Christie debate would be amusing!
    Posted by whatnow4[/QUOTE]

I hate to say it, but Christie has a weight problem that he needs to get under control first.  I don't believe the American people would vote for someone for Pres. or VP who is roughly 100 lbs overweight. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

He is on a diet.  The press has been talking about it. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/21/nyregion/21weight.html

He has already lost a good amount. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThinkSnow99. Show ThinkSnow99's posts

[QUOTE]He is on a diet.  The press has been talking about it.  http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/21/nyregion/21weight.html He has already lost a good amount. 

Good for him.  GOP can't afford to lose a talented guy like him due to an appearance issue.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

The unions that would be effected by Walkers proposal have alredy agreed to the cost cutting measures he proposed, the fight is over collective bargaining rights, and the Gov's insistence on ending them.  Even the firefighters, state troopers, and police unions have come out in support of the public workers that are not exempt from the collective bargaining restrictions.  This is purely an ideological battle.  If it were purely about the budget none of this would be happening, since, the unions are willing to accept the increases in healthcare and pension contributions.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

Aw Damain, why'd you have to go and tell the truth again.  Now he'll have to wait 3 days and start the same thread all over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

It just seems like Wisconsin residents (except the 15% with the union sweet deals) want to revert to a right to work state, doesn't sound like a negative to me.  All three northern New England States are right to work states and generally have faired better in this down economy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

[QUOTE]It just seems like Wisconsin residents (except the 15% with the union sweet deals) want to revert to a right to work state, doesn't sound like a negative to me.  All three northern New England States are right to work states and generally have faired better in this down economy.
    Posted by massmoderateJoe[/QUOTE]

Not a single state in New England is a right to work state. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The lies the Unions and the left have spread in WI : Not a single state in New England is a right to work state. 
    Posted by DamainAllen[/QUOTE]

You're right my bad, it was sloppy of me.  I work in the construction industry and it just feels like the northern NE states are right to work states, because union firms can't compete there.  But you're 100% correct.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]It just seems like Wisconsin residents (except the 15% with the union sweet deals) want to revert to a right to work state, doesn't sound like a negative to me.  All three northern New England States are right to work states and generally have faired better in this down economy.

Maine and Vermont have "faired better"...?  Really??

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The lies the Unions and the left have spread in WI : Maine and Vermont have "faired better"...?  Really??
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Better is a relative term but based on unemployment numbers it appears so.  All 3 northern NE states have lower unemployment than the national average and Massachusetts.

Table A.  States with unemployment rates significantly differ- ent from that of the U.S., 
    December 2010, seasonally adjusted 
     --------------------------------------------------------------                 State                |          Rate(p)        -------------------------------------------------------------- United States (1) ...................|
               9.4                                                |                        
     Alaska ..............................|           8.1           
    Arkansas ............................|           7.9           
    California ..........................|          12.5           
    Delaware ............................|           8.5           
    Florida .............................|          12.0           
    Georgia .............................|          10.2          
     Hawaii ..............................|           6.4           
    Iowa ................................|           6.3          
     Kansas ..............................|           6.8          
     Louisiana ...........................|           8.0                                               
    Maine ...............................|           7.3           
    Maryland ............................|           7.4           
    Massachusetts .......................|           8.2           
    Michigan ............................|          11.7           
    Minnesota ...........................|           7.0           
    Montana .............................|           7.2           
    Nebraska ............................|           4.4           
    Nevada ..............................|          14.5           
    New Hampshire .......................|           5.5           
    New York ............................|           8.2                                               
     North Dakota ........................|           3.8          
     Oklahoma ............................|           6.8           
    Oregon ..............................|          10.6           
    Pennsylvania ........................|           8.5           
    Rhode Island ........................|          11.5           
    South Carolina ......................|          10.7           
    South Dakota ........................|           4.6           
    Texas ...............................|           8.3           
    ah ................................|           7.5           
    Vermont .............................|         5.8                                               
     Virginia ............................|           6.7          
     Wisconsin ...........................|           7.5           
    Wyoming .............................|           6.4 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

The problem I have with this is that the governor is being intellectually dishonest.

The unions agreed to give up $$. If $$ is the issue, the governor should talk with them about how to cut the proper amount from the proper places.  That he refuses to do this despite the unions' willingness to give in to cuts shows there's more at play: A desire to smash public sector unions other than those that supported him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The lies the Unions and the left have spread in WI : You're right my bad, it was sloppy of me.  I work in the construction industry and it just feels like the northern NE states are right to work states, because union firms can't compete there.  But you're 100% correct.

Bull built many a warehouse and factory in those states most union jobs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

In Response to The lies the Unions and the left have spread in WI:
    [QUOTE]"He wouldn't even meet with us"- Lie He tried, he asked to speak with the Union heads and they refused.  Now he won't.  Let alone, the Unions tried to jam contracts thru prior to Walker coming in to office.  He asked them to stop and they told him to mind his own business. "We spoke with the Gov and told him we accept the increase in pension and healthcare"- Lie They have not told him of that.  They told the media.  Let alone two heads of the State Unions cannot make the leaders of the Local Unions commit, hence the reason why CB's need to be abolished.  There are too many unions in WI, let alone, no singular leader. "There is no debt, a surplus"- Lie We already covered that. "He just wants to Union bust"- Lie He just wants to balance the budget "He gave a corporate tax reduction to all of the corporations"- Lie He gave a 2 year reduction in taxes to businesses who come into the State.  Corporations that are already in the State were not eligible.  This is an attempt to create jobs  : ) The private sector has taken it on the chin for the past two years.  They have made sacrifices.  The public sector has been immune.  It is now time for them to step up and make sacrifices.  By the way, Morning Joe finally addressed the hate filled signs this morning on MSNBC.  Shocking, but about time. 

ROTFLMLAO What a load of BS that was.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The lies the Unions and the left have spread in WI : Bull built many a warehouse and factory in those states most union jobs.
    Posted by beKool[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ, the factories may be union but the contractors aren't.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

What is a load of BS?

And let me try and explain this to you all AGAIN (or you could reread my first post)

2 Leaders of the State Unions have agreed.  There are many local Unions.

Those 2 State Union leaders CANNOT speak for those local Unions.

Without local Unions on board, the budget won't work.

And BeTool, just saying it is BS doesn't influence anyone.

I challenge you to identify one thing I posted that is not true.

This BS dem talking point that Unions have agreed to the cost cutting measures is just that, BS (so you know what BS is in the future BeTool).

They never spoke with the Gov because they refused.  They thought they were the ones with the power.  Now they are on their hands and knees begging.  And now the Gov is refusing.  We call this a taste of your own medicine : )

We all know what the outcome will be.  The Gov will get his wishes and the Union leaders will lose power.  And don't think for a minute the Union leaders are concerned about anything other than their loss of power.

Oh ya and the dues they steal from workers every month whether they want to pay or not. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RevWright. Show RevWright's posts

Corrupt Unions holding democracy as hostage.

Somtin new every day.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The lies the Unions and the left have spread in WI : I beg to differ, the factories may be union but the contractors aren't.

You mean except the ones i worked for huh?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

"

No place is hotter than Wisconsin. The leaders there have done everything possible to maximize conflict. Gov. Scott Walker, a Republican, demanded cuts only from people in the other party. The public sector unions and their allies immediately flew into a rage, comparing Walker to Hitler, Mussolini and Mubarak.

Walker’s critics are amusingly Orwellian. They liken the crowd in Madison to the ones in Tunisia and claim to be fighting for democracy. Whatever you might say about Walker, he and the Republican majorities in Wisconsin were elected, and they are doing exactly what they told voters they would do. It’s the Democratic minority that is thwarting the majority will by fleeing to Illinois. It’s the left that has suddenly embraced extralegal obstructionism.

"

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/22/opinion/22brooks.html?src=me&ref=general

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts