The Mirror Has two faces

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

The Mirror Has two faces

It's no secret to anyone who has read anything that I have written in this forum that I am pulling for Mitt Romney to get the GOP nomination. I have stated more than once that I feel like he is the only republican currently in the race who could beat Obama in a general election. Besides appealing to many conservative...Romney has broad appeal among independents and this would be key in a general election.
    Sure..he's had some mis-steps. Romney was a woefully unprepared candidate the last time around..earning the reputation of being a flip-flopper and the nickname "multiple Mitt".  He's done a few pretty stupid things over the years which have come back to bite him..including having illegal immigrants doing his lawn..and the famous and unforgivable "dog on the roof" incident. People seem to have short memories and it seems that most are willing to overlook these things..at least so far.

However..this time..Romeny is poised to make what in my view would be an unforgivable error in judgement this weekend. Romney is scheduled to share a stage with Bryan Fischer. For those of you who don't know who Bryan Fischer is...he is the voice of the American Family Association and he and his group have recently been given the designation of Hate Group by the Southern Poverty Law Centers. His comments..railing against Native American, homosexual, minorities and even those in the military. Fischer called the awarding of the medal of honor to Staff Sgt. Salvatore Guinta an example of "feminizing  the honor". This guy is so devisive and so full of hate that rather than share a stage with him..Romney should be running as far away as he can. Can you see the campaign ads now? Romney standing on stage with one of the most hateful and divisive persons in modern America?
    If Romney is sincere when he states" I can't control what others do..I can only control what I do"...then he will exercise better judgement and steer clear of Bryan Fischer.

If Romney does indeed participate in this even with Fischer..this would cause me to think long and hard about whether I think he is the kind of leader I want in the White House...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: The Mirror Has two faces

Airborn ranger, right.  What a big lie you are.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winston69. Show Winston69's posts

Cain is looking better all the time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Saw my first Cain road sign in NH today.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

In Response to Re: The Mirror Has two faces:
    [QUOTE]Cain is looking better all the time.
    Posted by Winston69[/QUOTE]

He is taking a month off to peddle his book . That isnt a guy who wants to be president .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, I just did a quick search and found this from one article. This guy is quite a piece of crappolla. Mormons are only one of the many minority groups at whom Fischer publicly directs his hatred and intolerance. Fischer has: held gays responsible for the Holocaust and likened them to domestic terrorists and Nazis who are intent on committing " virtual genocide " against the military, asserts that " homosexuals should be disqualified from public office " and has even called for the re-criminalization of homosexuality ; said " we have feminized the Medal of Honor " by awarding it to a soldier who saved his fellow combatants rather than killing enemies; demanded all immigrants " convert to Christianity " and renounce their religions; asserted that Muslims have " no fundamental First Amendment claims " and should be banned from building mosques and d eported from the US, adding that Muslims are inherently stupid as a result of inbreeding ; claimed African American women " rut like rabbits " due to welfare and that Native Americans are " morally disqualified " from living in America because they didn't convert to Christianity and were consequently cursed by God with alcoholism and poverty ; maintained that "President Barack Obama nurtures this hatred for the United States of America and, I believe, nurtures a hatred for the white man ." said that the anti-Muslim manifesto of the right-wing Christian terrorist who killed dozens in Norway was " accurate ."
    Posted by airborne-rgr[/QUOTE]

Airborne..right..and that's just he beginning. Not the kind of person I would want to be associated with..and especially if I were running for President. This is a serious lapse in Romney's judgement....it will be interesting to see if he goes through with it.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Mirror Has two faces : Airborne..right..and that's just he beginning. Not the kind of person I would want to be associated with..and especially if I were running for President. This is a serious lapse in Romney's judgement....it will be interesting to see if he goes through with it.
    Posted by miscricket[/QUOTE]

Bill Ayres

Rev. Wright

Van Jones

Yep.  Who you are associated with is who you are.  Guess Obama has some 'splainin to do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EmersonCat. Show EmersonCat's posts

[QUOTE]Nice post. Go mitt
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]
    How's the wifey feeling?Undecided

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

So much grist adhere to digest... Miscricket, I don't believe for one second that you would ever vote for Mitt. This happens every election cycle and it's an obvious ploy. Usually it goes something like this: " I was once a republican but I'll never vote for them again because of bla bla bla." You'll no doubt hear a lot of this for the next year or so. And the Southern povery law center? They're the same tools that claim that there are two KKK groups in rhode island and that Loughner was a right wing extremeist. They have no credibility. This guy Bryan Fischer certainly seems to be a complete idiotarian but do you really want to damn everyone that appears at the same event that he does? If so, then you'll be interested to know that Obama once appeared on the same stage as new black panther party leader and virulent anti-Semite Malik Shabazz. Shouldn't he also be required to condemn this outright hater, even belatedly?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]So much grist adhere to digest... Miscricket, I don't believe for one second that you would ever vote for Mitt. This happens every election cycle and it's an obvious ploy. Usually it goes something like this: " I was once a republican but I'll never vote for them again because of bla bla bla." You'll no doubt hear a lot of this for the next year or so. And the Southern povery law center? They're the same tools that claim that there are two KKK groups in rhode island and that Loughner was a right wing extremeist. They have no credibility. This guy Bryan Fischer certainly seems to be a complete idiotarian but do you really want to damn everyone that appears at the same event that he does? If so, then you'll be interested to know that Obama once appeared on the same stage as new black panther party leader and virulent anti-Semite Malik Shabazz. Shouldn't he also be required to condemn this outright hater, even belatedly?
    Posted by StalkingButler[/QUOTE]

It matters not to me what you think or believe since I know what is true. I voted for Romney for governor and would have again had he run...and if he gets the GOP I would likely vote for him over Obama. I would not be happy if he decides to associate himself in any way with Brian Fischer but if it comes down to it..I think he is better able to handle the economic issues so he will probably get my vote.
    I don't understand this all or nothing logic portrayed by some posters here. I can like Romney and still disagree with him..that's what adults are able to do. For me..it's not an all or nothing...just like I can like Obama and still not agree with how he has handled every situation.
    I can like Romney and still think he is slightly hypocritical for hiring illegals to work in his yard.
    For the record ..McCain would have gotten my vote..but for two major missteps..one his "solution" for health care and I did not want Sarah Palin a hearbeat away from the presidency.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Mirror Has two faces : Yeah. Either a massive miscalculation or he's trying to pick up the dripping do*chebag vote.  
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

See mscricket, this is the type of person you have thrown in with. 
    you are too good for him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Mirror Has two faces : It matters not to me what you think or believe since I know what is true. I voted for Romney for governor and would have again had he run...and if he gets the GOP I would likely vote for him over Obama. I would not be happy if he decides to associate himself in any way with Brian Fischer but if it comes down to it..I think he is better able to handle the economic issues so he will probably get my vote. I don't understand this all or nothing logic portrayed by some posters here. I can like Romney and still disagree with him..that's what adults are able to do. For me..it's not an all or nothing...just like I can like Obama and still not agree with how he has handled every situation. I can like Romney and still think he is slightly hypocritical for hiring illegals to work in his yard. For the record ..McCain would have gotten my vote..but for two major missteps..one his "solution" for health care and I did not want Sarah Palin a hearbeat away from the presidency.

If I am wrong about your motivations then I apologize although my instincts about these things have seldom been wrong. Someone who is familiar enough with the fetid left side of the blogosphere to post one of their fevered propaganda pieces as if it were legitimate criticism is seldom the moderate that you purport to be. I also like Romney in much the same way that I liked Bush. In both.cases I'd like them better as leaders if their conservative instincts were stronger. Regarding your vote against Palin: so you voted for a career democrat hack buffoon in Biden rather than what was at the time a popular and successful governor. I really have to question your judgement there. Finally, you ignored my question about Obama. Based on the standards that you yourself have set for Romney don't you think that it is incumbent on Obama to apologize for associating with an anti-Semite? T

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Mirror Has two faces : If I am wrong about your motivations then I apologize although my instincts about these things have seldom been wrong. Someone who is familiar enough with the fetid left side of the blogosphere to post one of their fevered propaganda pieces as if it were legitimate criticism is seldom the moderate that you purport to be. I also like Romney in much the same way that I liked Bush. In both.cases I'd like them better as leaders if their conservative instincts were stronger. Regarding your vote against Palin: so you voted for a career democrat hack buffoon in Biden rather than what was at the time a popular and successful governor. I really have to question your judgement there. Finally, you ignored my question about Obama. Based on the standards that you yourself have set for Romney don't you think that it is incumbent on Obama to apologize for associating with an anti-Semite? T
    Posted by StalkingButler[/QUOTE]

Stalking...I happen to like Biden. If you knew anything about his history and background you would not be describing him as a "career political hack"...despite his someone bumbling manner..he is someone who cares about the people he represents. Biden is actually the single reason I voted for Obama.
    Also..I am not familiar with the "left wing fetid blogosphere"...but I am familiar with Google news ..which gives me all the political stories I want on my home page. I have neither the time nor the inclination to spend hours wading through the blogosphere looking for stuff to blog about. That would just be plain silly. The Romney story happened to pop up on my newsfeed..I read it and commented here. It's really as simple as that...no vast left wing conspiracy on my part..I am just a person fascinated by politics. But..if it makes you feel better to slap labels on people then have at it.
    Do I think Obama should offer an explanation and apology for his past associations? Perhaps there are incindents where it is merited..but I am not his mother..
    Just a note..I tend to vote for the person when looking at candidates..in this case..neither presidential candidate blew me away..so VP wound up being the deciding factor. While I need to agree somewhat on the issues..the reality is..they all say vs do the same things at the end of the day.Also..you do know that in life it is possible for one to like Joe Biden equally as well as one likes Mitt Romney...don't you?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Mirror Has two faces : See mscricket, this is the type of person you have thrown in with.  you are too good for him.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]
    OMG Skeeter...you are simply adorable..and this is why I love debating with you.
    Have I "thrown in" with whatdoyouwantnow? If yes..where was I when this happened? I am curious..what about his comment has you so upset?
    I happen to have a great deal of respect for whatdoyouwantnow and find his posts educational and informative..but I would hardly characterize that as "throwing in" with him. Actually..what does "throwing in" with someone even mean? While I appreciate your compliment...I am far to humble to believe it's true.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Oh boy...consider this my mea culpa regarding this post on Romney. I was so busy being irritated with him for showing such poor judgment..and so willing to believe he was just another politician "selling out" for a few votes..that I never stopped to consider that Romney might get up on that stage to criticize Fischer and his merry band. Sigh...I need to be more careful in jumping to conclusions about all manner of things.

The following is an excerpt from Romney's speech yesterday..in which he addresses Fischer's policy of intolerance.

"Our values ennoble the citizen and strengthen the nation. We should remember that decency and civility are values too. One of the speakers who will follow me today, has crossed that line, I think. Poisonous language doesn’t advance our cause. It’s never softened a single heart nor changed a single mind. The blessings of faith carry the responsibility of civil and respectful debate. The task before us is to focus on the conservative beliefs and the values that unite us - let no agenda, narrow our vision or drive us apart.”

Well said indeed...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Mirror Has two faces : OMG Skeeter...you are simply adorable..and this is why I love debating with you. Have I "thrown in" with whatdoyouwantnow? If yes..where was I when this happened? I am curious..what about his comment has you so upset? I happen to have a great deal of respect for whatdoyouwantnow and find his posts educational and informative..but I would hardly characterize that as "throwing in" with him. Actually..what does "throwing in" with someone even mean? While I appreciate your compliment...I am far to humble to believe it's true.

You articulate your points well, even though I often disagree.  WDYWTDN often uses crass and foul language, and concepts.

I see this a lot with men on the left.  I think they feel unshackled from having to behave properly.  One of my weaknesses is when they drag me into responding in kind.  Always a bad idea.

I hope you are open minded enough to not buy into the general concept that the right wants to kill, maim, hurt, poison, or enslave everyone.  We are big on personal responsibility, low on government, and big on accepting risk as a fact of life.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Oh boy...consider this my mea culpa regarding this post on Romney. I was so busy being irritated with him for showing such poor judgment..and so willing to believe he was just another politician "selling out" for a few votes..that I never stopped to consider that Romney might get up on that stage to criticize Fischer and his merry band. Sigh...I need to be more careful in jumping to conclusions about all manner of things. The following is an excerpt from Romney's speech yesterday..in which he addresses Fischer's policy of intolerance. "Our values ennoble the citizen and strengthen the nation. We should remember that decency and civility are values too. One of the speakers who will follow me today, has crossed that line, I think. Poisonous language doesn’t advance our cause. It’s never softened a single heart nor changed a single mind. The blessings of faith carry the responsibility of civil and respectful debate. The task before us is to focus on the conservative beliefs and the values that unite us - let no agenda, narrow our vision or drive us apart.” Well said indeed...

I still think Romney is a poor choice.  Better than Obama, but, still a poor choice.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

>>>Oh boy...consider this my mea culpa regarding this post on Romney. I was so busy being irritated with him for showing such poor judgment..and so willing to believe he was just another politician "selling out" for a few votes..that I never stopped to consider that Romney might get up on that stage to criticize Fischer and his merry band. Sigh...I need to be more careful in jumping to conclusions about all manner of things.<<< Yeah, shocking that a republican might show a real ethical backbone, eh? >>> I like Biden too.  In fact, if the ticket were upside down, I'd have voted for him, rather than writing in.<<< I hope for your sake that you're just kidding.

Sections
Shortcuts