The NRA's New Low

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

The NRA's New Low

Its always been an American tradition in political decency ( what little decency is actually left in politics) that the children of President's be declared off limits in political battles.

This past week the NRA violated that tradition with it's latest television ad.

If the NRA doesn't understand the difference between the President's family needing secret service protection, and placing armed guards in every school in the country, then they are dumber then I originally thought.

Besides, if the NRA is really serious about placing armed guards in public schools ( a la 3rd world country), then they should at least offer to foot the bill with their billions in profits collected by gun manufactures.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Re: The NRA's New Low

In response to NO MO O's comment:

In response to msobstinate99's comment:

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:

Its always been an American tradition in political decency ( what little decency is actually left in politics) that the children of President's be declared off limits in political battles.

This past week the NRA violated that tradition with it's latest television ad.

If the NRA doesn't understand the difference between the President's family needing secret service protection, and placing armed guards in every school in the country, then they are dumber then I originally thought.

Besides, if the NRA is really serious about placing armed guards in public schools ( a la 3rd world country), then they should at least offer to foot the bill with their billions in profits collected by gun manufactures.

Sorry, but I put my kids ahead of the presidents any day. This is a different day and age, why shouldn't my children be protected? 

Isreal has armed teachers, and is not a third world country. 

IF the Messiah had not alienated our former ally, maybe we could have learned something although the Israeli model is not politically ... 'convenient' from the message he wants to send. Then on the oother hand.. schools, planes and public places in Israel are the safest in the world.  

Right. Except that Israel is more concerned with outside threats. The US gun violence problem is an internal threat. The NRA would rather put armed guards in schools then to support common sense. It is more important to them to sell guns. Again - who is paying for this? Our tax dollars that you don't want spent on the poor? Better to spend them subsidizing the activities of rich gun manufacturers who don't give a crap about you?  Talk about damaged individuals.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:

Right. Except that Israel is more concerned with outside threats. The US gun violence problem is an internal threat.

They put guards in their schools inside the country not on the border! Once someone is INSIDE the country it is no longer an outside threat.

The NRA doesnt have the power to put armed guards in schools. They have offered to help with finding ways to pay for it.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Wonder if this is LOWER than Obama parading 6 year olds out to the cameras.

Parading kids around to push a "gun control" issue is the lowest of lows!

I think Hitler and Stalin used the same tactic!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Would it have been OK if he just mentioned the children in Sandy Hook, Columbine?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:

Would it have been OK if he just mentioned the children in Sandy Hook, Columbine?

He mentioned them several times before the signing. Is this gun control intended to only protect children?
    There are many more adults killed every year than childen; why ignore them??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Sorry, but I put my kids ahead of the presidents any day. This is a different day and age, why shouldn't my children be protected? 

Utterly beside the point.

Neither you nor your kids live under the near-constant physical threat the way the president and his kids do.  That's just a plain fact.

Israel = irrelevant to this topic

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

NOT trying to pi55 ya off... I would prefer arming teachers and/or guards over another expensive big government program. Arming folks in the schools would be less expensive, a deterrent and would be effective if there was another incident. It is also race and  income neutral.[?]  

OK.

So how much more are we going to pay teachers to pack heat and be trained to do so safely...?

What kind of liablility policy are schools going to have to carry...?

Like it or not, you and the NRA just proposed another big government program.  Kudos.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Neither you nor your kids live under the near-constant physical threat the way the president and his kids do.  That's just a plain fact. 

So because the POTUS's kids are under a greater threat and get LOTS of armed security, and our kids get NO armed security?

Does that mean our kids are under NO threat?

Make up your mind!

You do not determine what is relevent!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

So because the POTUS's kids are under a greater threat and get LOTS of armed security, and our kids get NO armed security?

Does that mean our kids are under NO threat?

Make up your mind!

You do not determine what is relevent!

You don't know what you're talking about.

The Obama girls' school is a Quaker school.  There are security guards, as in any private school, but they are not armed.  There are a couple of Secret Service, of course, but at the periphery.

I didn't say NO threat. You did. Try to keep up.

Name one way that Israel is relevant to this topic.  I dare you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

It's good to look at other countries.

Israel is the safest country in the world.

We have much to learn from them.

Really.

When is the last time a missile fell in your neighborhood...?

Car bomb go off recently on your street...?

Yeah, we can learn how apartheid works in the 21st century.  LMAO.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

NOT trying to pi55 ya off... I would prefer arming teachers and/or guards over another expensive big government program. Arming folks in the schools would be less expensive, a deterrent and would be effective if there was another incident. It is also race and  income neutral.[?]  

OK.

So how much more are we going to pay teachers to pack heat and be trained to do so safely...?

What kind of liablility policy are schools going to have to carry...?

Like it or not, you and the NRA just proposed another big government program.  Kudos.

Unknowns Matty.

At least this IS directly dealing with the threat at the schools.

I thought Barrys proposal was abstract and soft. None of which specifically countering an attack.

What are we drinking today?

At least you admit you don't know.

I think the NRA's solution overstates the problem quite a bit while simultaneously creating a new problem by putting MORE guns into schools than was ever considered.

And again, this is a NEW program to be administered by govt??  I thought you hated that stuff. 

Repeat: Who's going to pay for it...???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

It's good to look at other countries.

Israel is the safest country in the world.

We have much to learn from them.

Really.

When is the last time a missile fell in your neighborhood...?

Car bomb go off recently on your street...?

Yeah, we can learn how apartheid works in the 21st century.  LMAO.

Israel has the safest country in the world, yet under their system half the people in this forum would be on a no-fly list.  I guess I should have used the term domestic threat versus foreign threat with the wingnuts.  Israel is not arming school personell because they are worried about domestic threats.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

$16 trillion in debt isn't a threat to MY children???  They should be off limits too..but they aren't.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.