The Obama administration 'tortures' terrorists aboard U.S. naval vessels

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

The Obama administration 'tortures' terrorists aboard U.S. naval vessels

The Obama Administration snatches foreign terrorist uspects and keeps them aboard US vessels, in international waters. That way, the Obama Administration bypasses the US Constitution and American law.

No attorney, no Miranda warnings....the suspect is kept aboard a US military ship in international waters...no one knows what goes on at this "black ops site"

My God, if George Bush did this, the leftists would be screeching about poor innocent farmers being keelhauled and made to walk the plank. The ship is kept in international waters deliberately, to avoid US law!!

The very same reason Bush kept terrorists at Gitmo... for which our US progressives wanted him tried as a war criminal.

Al-Libi, who was indicted in 2000 for his involvement in the 1998 bombings of U.S. embassies in Africa, was being held on the warship in military custody under the laws of war, which means a person can be captured and held indefinitely as an enemy combatant, one of the officials said. Both spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the ongoing investigation.

As of Monday, al-Libi had not been read his Miranda rights, which include the rights to remain silent and speak with an attorney. And it was unclear when al-Libi would be brought to the U.S. to face charges.

"It appears to be an attempt to use assertion of law of war powers to avoid constraint and safeguards in the criminal justice system," said Hina Shamsi, an attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union and the director of the civil rights organization's national security project. "I am very troubled if this is the pattern that the administration is setting for itself."

Phony liberals aren't "troubled",  because the President is a Democrat.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20131008/DA99R0R81.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Re: The Obama administration 'tortures' terrorists aboard U.S. naval vessels

Al Libi is already under indictment in NY.  The military and intelligence sources want a crack at him before turning him over, reading him his miranda rights, and processing him through the system.  That he remains on the ship doesn't suggest he is being tortured.  certainly if he were that would come out as soon as he was placed into custody of civilian authorities.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"The military and intelligence sources want a crack at him"

What is the difference betwen keeping a suspect in Gitmo, or in a ship on international waters?

None.

Yet many US liberal Democrats want to put Bush and Cheney on trial at the Hague for "human rights" violations.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

Al Libi is already under indictment in NY.  The military and intelligence sources want a crack at him before turning him over, reading him his miranda rights, and processing him through the system.  That he remains on the ship doesn't suggest he is being tortured.  certainly if he were that would come out as soon as he was placed into custody of civilian authorities.  

Perhaps you keep him long enough for the physical evidence to demish before turning him over since then it is just hearsay!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

What is the difference betwen keeping a suspect in Gitmo, or in a ship on international waters?

None.

Yet many US liberal Democrats want to put Bush and Cheney on trial at the Hague for "human rights" violations.

There is a big difference.  The ship is transportation, the other is a semi permanent holding facility.  I don't really care that the ship isn't pushing the throttle to the max, he will arrive in NY and be processed in due course, as opposed to spending years down in Gitmo in a state of limbo.  Hell if local police can hold US citizens for 48 hours on no charges then a few days aboard the lovely USS San Antonio will be Al Libi's little cruise to the land of freedom and apple pie.  Though I suspect when it is all said and done he won't much of either.  

I am sure your concerns will warm the cockles of his heart though.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

[QUOTE]

Perhaps you keep him long enough for the physical evidence to demish before turning him over since then it is just hearsay!

[/QUOTE]

His questioning will have both audio and video recordings of the interrogations.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

None.

There is a big difference.  The ship is transportation, the other is a semi permanent holding facility.  I don't really care that the ship isn't pushing the throttle to the max, he will arrive in NY and be processed in due course, as opposed to spending years down in Gitmo in a state of limbo.  Hell if local police can hold US citizens for 48 hours on no charges then a few days aboard the lovely USS San Antonio will be Al Libi's little cruise to the land of freedom and apple pie.  Though I suspect when it is all said and done he won't much of either.  

Didnt you read the article?

"Al-Libi, who was indicted in 2000 for his involvement in the 1998 bombings of U.S. embassies in Africa, was being held on the warship in military custody under the laws of war, which means a person can be captured and held indefinitely as an enemy combatant, one of the officials said."

Obama has been President for almost 5 years now, and he has presided over Gitmo, and allowed prisoners to stay there all this time  ...he could release all the innocent farmers tomorrow by executive order or pardon, couldnt he?  Why doesnt he?

If liberals didnt have a double standard, they would have no standards....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"Spying on Americans" is impeachable? Obama, doubly guilty.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Bush waterboarded (torture), therefore, assume Obama is because poopoo at Obama shut up?

Great argument, fellas.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

[QUOTE]

None.

Didnt you read the article?

"Al-Libi, who was indicted in 2000 for his involvement in the 1998 bombings of U.S. embassies in Africa, was being held on the warship in military custody under the laws of war, which means a person can be captured and held indefinitely as an enemy combatant, one of the officials said."

Obama has been President for almost 5 years now, and he has presided over Gitmo, and allowed prisoners to stay there all this time  ...he could release all the innocent farmers tomorrow by executive order or pardon, couldnt he?  Why doesnt he?

If liberals didnt have a double standard, they would have no standards....

[/QUOTE]

Reading comprehension is critical.  The article describes the limits of how long he can be held, not that he will be held indefinitely.

And Obama could release the remaining prisoners at Gitmo, the problem isn't that, the problem is what to do with them.  Many have been refused repatriation in their home countries.  Congress clearly stated a few years ago that they could not be moved to mainland US facilities (NOT IN MY BACKYARD) so there isn't really a choice as much as a reality that for the time being and the foreseeable future those prisoners will remain incarcerated at GITMO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

None.

[/QUOTE]

Oh so NOW violating rights ois ok as long as we do it incogito and we know they will eventually see a court room?

geez that's is such a cowardly way to be partisan! Just admit you don't really care now simply because a democrat is in office!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:

Bush waterboarded (torture), therefore, assume Obama is because poopoo at Obama shut up?

Great argument, fellas.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Great argument, fellas.

[QUOTE]

"Bush" waterboarded??? Wow what a revelation!!!

Obama is holding a prisoner at sea for a reason my friend and I have no problem with it and know it is only because some in this country undermined the process during the previous admin to the point where he needs real deniability.

Thats is all it is and yet you of course assume they are being fed, housed and protected under strict geneva convention standards even though it has to be done in international waters and under complete secrecy!

Its astonishing the way you will rationalize and make excuse for some but, want to lynch others based on a media report!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Obama is holding a prisoner at sea for a reason my friend

And you know that reason because there's a D next to the name.

Every time there's an R next to the name, you suddenly get all agnostic and don't know what's going on and aren't saying anything about it.

You know no honor.

[QUOTE] Its astonishing the way you will rationalize and make excuse for some but, want to lynch others based on a media report! [/QUOTE]

And, there's the freudian slip. Didn't take long.

Yeah, that's you. Pathetic partisan hack, to a T

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

How do you know that the suspects rights are being violated?

It helps tvoter rationalize the incongruity between his unflinching defense of everything and anything on the right, and his pretended political neutrality.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

Every time there's an R next to the name, you suddenly get all agnostic and don't know what's going on and aren't saying anything about it.

You know no honor.

I clearly said but, your blinders blocked " I have no problem with it and know it is only because some in this country undermined the process during the previous admin to the point where he needs real deniability". lol

[QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

[QUOTE]

You know no honor.

I clearly said but, your blinders blocked " I have no problem with it and know it is only because some in this country undermined the process during the previous admin to the point where he needs real deniability". lol

[QUOTE]

WHOOSH!

Whether or not you have a problem with it is completely beside the point. The point being that you are assuming he IS doing it specifically because there's a D.

If there's an R, you profess profound ignorance.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

You know no honor.

[QUOTE]

WHOOSH!

Whether or not you have a problem with it is completely beside the point. The point being that you are assuming he IS doing it specifically because there's a D.

If there's an R, you profess profound ignorance.

Oh, so holding someone in a secure location without any international oversight or representation for an undetermined amount of time is completely legit with US and international law.

hmmm who knew!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

None.

Oh so NOW violating rights ois ok as long as we do it incogito and we know they will eventually see a court room?

geez that's is such a cowardly way to be partisan! Just admit you don't really care now simply because a democrat is in office!!

How do you know that the suspects rights are being violated?

Oh right, wingnuts just "know" stuff... they can't provide evidence just nebulous idea floating in their heads ... so it must be true.

"How do you know that the suspects rights are being violated?"

Well, according to the liberal playbook under Bush, any "suspect"  is entitled immediately to a lawyer, getting Miranda rights, and doesnt have to talk....and placing the suspect outside of US territorial limits is a war crime , deliberately putting the suspect outside of teh US courts and US judges jurisdictions...

And I was told many times, that there is no "Law of War", and terrorist suspects are no different than a domestic criminal.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

"How do you know that the suspects rights are being violated?"

Well, according to the liberal playbook under Bush, any "suspect"  is entitled immediately to a lawyer, getting Miranda rights, and doesnt have to talk....and placing the suspect outside of US territorial limits is a war crime , deliberately putting the suspect outside of teh US courts and US judges jurisdictions...

And I was told many times, that there is no "Law of War", and terrorist suspects are no different than a domestic criminal.

No they are just giving him a slow, long, ride on a specially designed ship with no legal or international oversight. It will take weeks to get him back (maybe longer) but, that's ok because we know our govt is a stand up and honest govt that would not do anything other than straight asking questions and video tape it all and make them public so, the suspects rights are not infringed upon and "we give no indication of being a state that sponsors or condones torture or is not completely transparent with our international friends"!

right?

lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

tvoter, see above: I'm not talking about an act of holding. I am talking about your assumption that he's being tortured and held so that there is no evidence of it,.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts