The Over and Under for Zimmerman.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re: The Over and Under for Zimmerman.

In response to jackbu's comment:

a civil trial in florida is a joke.  There is a right to live law in florida which is why OJ moved there after losing his civil trial.  The Goldman's were not allowed to touch OJ's pension which was over $25k per month.

That is not because of Florida law. That is because of the way the NFL sets up pensions.

As far as I know, Zimmerman does not have a NFL pension.

The Martin family most certainly can go after and win a judgment against Zimmerman. A civil judgment stands for x number of years and can be renewed depending on the state.

The burden of proof is far less than in a criminal trial and this time Zimmerman HAS to testify.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

[QUOTE]

a civil trial in florida is a joke.  There is a right to live law in florida which is why OJ moved there after losing his civil trial.  The Goldman's were not allowed to touch OJ's pension which was over $25k per month.

That is not because of Florida law. That is because of the way the NFL sets up pensions.

The Martin family most certainly can go after and win a judgment against Zimmerman. A civil judgment stands for x number of years and can be renewed depending on the state.

The burden of proof is far less than in a criminal trial and this time Zimmerman HAS to testify.

[/QUOTE]

You can't squeeze blood from a rock.. zimmer has no money to give. Paying for all the lawyers and the lawsuit would probably be more than they would get even over time if they won and the judgement was that zimmer wages were garnished. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

"tvoter got his wish...."

Oh....zing....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to chiefhowie's comment:

It's over , I Hope a once in a life time event.

If sued Z will use mentally challendge def. 

His mental health was the cause of this sad story ....

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

"That is not because of Florida law. That is because of the way the NFL sets up pensions.

The burden of proof is far less than in a criminal trial and this time Zimmerman HAS to testify."

You seriously think that the nfl is greater than the American Justice system?  If your theory was correct then OJ would have stayed right in Cali.   I hope your source is better then your abc.com source. But please state some case law where the nfl has set up their pension system to protect their players from paying parents of people they murdered.  I think this would be really bad press for the NFL.

Civil trials in general are a joke, they are hard to collect with a guilty verdict.  Most likely a lawyer knowing this, will want a huge retainer up front from the acquitted murderer Zimmerman.

"Simpson has avoided paying the civil judgment because his National Football League pension and his Florida home cannot legally be seized."

The above is according to cbsnews.com.

Again, Simpson's National Football League pension CANNOT be leagally seized!!!

Moved to Florida to protect his home. 

"...from the acquitted murderer Zimmerman."

Zimmermerman was found not guilty. Therefore he is not a murderer.

Possible civil trials are against Zimmerman by the Martin family. This is much more likely than a civil trial by Zimmerman against the Martin family or anybody else for that matter. He should count his blesssings and stay out of court.

In a civil trial he would have to testify. Probably not a good thing for him.

Sad to see you want to thump your chest about one small thing...which forum you were permanently banned from. Have you not had enough after you were nailed on another thread about your suspension fron BDC?

As was said, nobody cares just do not continue thumping your chest like Tarzan that it did not happen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

[QUOTE]

I thnk we will have a verdict before the weekend is over. The jury requested an inventory list of the evidence. To me..this suggests that they are going to go over the evidence in a thorough manner.

I don't think the prosectution handled the case as well as they could have. I doubt that we get a verdict of 2nd degree murder..but I put the odds of a manslaughter conviction versus acquittal at about 50-50 right now...it could go either way.

No matter what the jury decides..you can bet that there will be a civil trial.  Also..no matter what the jury decides this is a tragedy that can't be undone. Zimmerman made one bad decision after another that night. Those decisions led to the death of Treyvon Martin. No one can dispute that..no one.  Take the gun out of the scenario and they probably both walk away..bloodied but alive. If Zimmerman had obeyed the 911 operator..no one would have died that night. Whether all of that rises to the level of legal responsibility is up for the Jury to decide.

To those who say Zimmerman's life will never be the same...I say too bad..so sad. He has a life. That is more than what can be said for Martin. It's a little hard to swallow Zimmerman has a sympathetic character in all of this.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

Good points, mscricket. Especially this one: "If Zimmerman had obeyed the 911 operator..no one would have died that night." This is why in my opinion a manslaughter conviction would have been justified in this case. Zimmerman's own actions led to the death of Martin.

[/QUOTE]

Hiya Al :-) Yes..that is what I keep coming back to. Another thing I wish I hadn't heard is the comments made by Juror #37. Her comments were chilling and if that was the mindset in that jury room then they should not have bothered with a trial.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

"That is not because of Florida law. That is because of the way the NFL sets up pensions.

The burden of proof is far less than in a criminal trial and this time Zimmerman HAS to testify."

You seriously think that the nfl is greater than the American Justice system?  If your theory was correct then OJ would have stayed right in Cali.   I hope your source is better then your abc.com source. But please state some case law where the nfl has set up their pension system to protect their players from paying parents of people they murdered.  I think this would be really bad press for the NFL.

Civil trials in general are a joke, they are hard to collect with a guilty verdict.  Most likely a lawyer knowing this, will want a huge retainer up front from the acquitted murderer Zimmerman.

" Simpson has avoided paying the civil judgment because his National Football League pension and his Florida home cannot legally be seized."

The above is according to cbsnews.com.

Again, Simpson's National Football League pension CANNOT be leagally seized!!!

Moved to Florida to protect his home. 

"...from the acquitted murderer Zimmerman."

Zimmermerman was found not guilty. Therefore he is not a murderer.

Possible civil trials are against Zimmerman by the Martin family. This is much more likely than a civil trial by Zimmerman against the Martin family or anybody else for that matter. He should count his blesssings and stay out of court.

In a civil trial he would have to testify. Probably not a good thing for him.

Sad to see you want to thump your chest about one small thing...which forum you were permanently banned from. Have you not had enough after you were nailed on another thread about your suspension fron BDC?

As was said, nobody cares just do not continue thumping your chest like Tarzan that it did not happen.

Alternately...we could just stick to the issue at hand..where apparently the debate is over the wisdom or effectiveness of a civil trial..perhaps without making it personal?

I don't know much about civil law..but I do know that the homeowner's association settled with Treyvon Martin's parents for more than 1 million dollars back in April ( or around that time).  This doesn't surprise me in the least. After all...the homeowner's association sponsored the neighborhood watch..which was supposed to keep residents of this housing community safe. I would say they failed miserably in the case of Treyvon Martin..wouldn't you?

Also..I think you are taking the term "acquitted murderer" too literally. I actually think that it's the perfect description of Zimmerman..who many feel got away with murder. I think I will use this term the next time I get together with the more racist and bigoted members of my family. It should make things interesting anyhow..lol

I just don't think everything needs to be an argument or a personal attack...and as long as a poster is sticking to the issues it would be nice to not have to read the insults.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

cricket,

" I hope your source is better then your abc.com source. "

I could have ignored him completely as did the previous poster in her new way.

But I responded with a reliable unbiased source. The price for that is also commenting on what he also posted.

He seems determimed, as has been pointed out by others, to have a war with me.. You have reached a detente with him it seems. 

So, I can ignore him, including his posts aimed right at me and my credibility or reply in full.

This time I replied in full.

Btw, I never ever am the first to even acknowlege any of his posts, nevertheless question them. Every post has been a reply to one of his.

Seems you should have this conversation with him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Guess who is NOT getting his gun back?

The FBI has ordered the Sanford, Florida Police Department not to return George Zimmerman’s gun to him while a federal civil case against him is still pending.According to the Orlando Sentinel, the request is a clear indication that the U.S. Department of Justice is moving forward with its investigation as to whether Zimmerman violated the civil rights of teenager Trayvon Martin on February 26, 2012, the night of Martin’s death.

The gun and all other pieces of evidence in the criminal trial against Zimmerman were on the verge of being surrendered by the police when the order came down from the Justice Department. Sanford Police Department spokesperson Captain Jim McAuliffe told the Sentinel, “The evidence is just in a hold status, pending their DOJ investigation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

cricket,

But I responded with a reliable unbiased source. The price for that is also commenting on what he also posted.

He seems determimed, as has been pointed out by others, to have a war with me.. You have reached a detente with him it seems. 

So, I can ignore him, including his posts aimed right at me and my credibility or reply in full.

Btw, I never ever am the first to even acknowlege any of his posts, nevertheless question them. Every post has been a reply to one of his.

One thing I have learned in a few years of posting in these discussion boards is to let little comments slide. It's better that way. I guess I am just in a different place these days...but I wouldn't have taken the comment about the sources as a personal attack..in fact I don't take anything that anyone writes on here as a personal attack.

As far as a detente, I think it is more a mutual indifference..and I am okay with that. As far as having conversations with any poster about what or how they post..I am no one's keeper. I was simply trying to point out that not everything has to be an argument.

Added to that is this... I don't think BDC has any real incentive to keep these boards going. The article comments are very active. I think they keep the boards going primarily because of the CC chat forums and the sports forums..so I think it behooves all of us to not give the moderators and BDC any more of a headache than they need.

One way to do that is not engage in bickering any more than necessary..another way is to not respond to obvious  trolls and spammers (ie the sheep names). But..that is just my two cents.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

The FBI has ordered the Sanford, Florida Police Department not to return George Zimmerman’s gun to him while a federal civil case against him is still pending.According to the Orlando Sentinel, the request is a clear indication that the U.S. Department of Justice is moving forward with its investigation as to whether Zimmerman violated the civil rights of teenager Trayvon Martin on February 26, 2012, the night of Martin’s death.

The gun and all other pieces of evidence in the criminal trial against Zimmerman were on the verge of being surrendered by the police when the order came down from the Justice Department. Sanford Police Department spokesperson Captain Jim McAuliffe told the Sentinel, “The evidence is just in a hold status, pending their DOJ investigation.

Well..that's good at least. I don't know about anyone else..but I really don't want the George Zimmermans of the world carrying guns.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

Well..that's good at least. I don't know about anyone else..but I really don't want the George Zimmermans of the world carrying guns.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Completely.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

cricket,

One thing I have learned in a few years of posting in these discussion boards is to let little comments slide. It's better that way. I guess I am just in a different place these days...but I wouldn't have taken the comment about the sources as a personal attack..in fact I don't take anything that anyone writes on here as a personal attack.

As far as a detente, I think it is more a mutual indifference..and I am okay with that. As far as having conversations with any poster about what or how they post..I am no one's keeper. I was simply trying to point out that not everything has to be an argument.

Added to that is this... I don't think BDC has any real incentive to keep these boards going. The article comments are very active. I think they keep the boards going primarily because of the CC chat forums and the sports forums..so I think it behooves all of us to not give the moderators and BDC any more of a headache than they need.

One way to do that is not engage in bickering any more than necessary..another way is to not respond to obvious  trolls and spammers (ie the sheep names). But..that is just my two cents.

cricket,

Good points. Think I can easily go the way of "........" or simply no reply at all.

Thought I did well when I had not one but two threads with my name in them. Did not go crazy in the least.

jed did try to get support for ignoring the obvious trolls and spammers but it just was not there. I have since then but that is just one more poster.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to ms-obstinate99's comment:

[QUOTE]

All great advice .... but you know me, I'm not going to let the worm get away with it. I may use different methods in the forum in dealing with him, but they'll always be one eye on him.

You know as well as I, that even by your "in general" reply he'll some how make this about him and get off on it.

I agree.... I think this forums days are numbered. Social media is more and more about Twitter and Facebook links. IMO, seems forums are growing tired of the annonymous posters and looking for ways to make it more personal, so that posters have to take responsibilty for their comments. I'd gladly see it go that way, I know certain people wouldn't say half the bs they say if it were tied to them personally.

[/QUOTE]

MO,

cricket did have some great points.

I would hate to see the political forums go. I agree with you that certain posters probably would not say half the bs they say if it were tied  to it personally.

As for him, I too will be keeping an eye on him. After thinking it over, I find it is just not in me to let him get a pass with his personal shenanigans.

Sections
Shortcuts