The RW hates the environment?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

The RW hates the environment?

Climategate
    Globalwarming
    GlobalClimatechange

Whatever it's called, the RW seems to hate (more hate) anything attributed to the health of the environment! Let's forget about the hype.

Where do you people live? Do you love pollution?

Why so angry about it. What's up with that? Why not do ANYTHING you can to improve the health of the world you live in?

Let me guess, you all smoke, and the smoking thing is some liberal scam to take your freedoms away....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Re: The RW hates the environment?

http://pewsocialtrends.org/pubs/732/smoking-stress-quitting

"conservatives are more likely than liberals to be non-smokers (56% vs. 50%)."

Isnt President Obama a smoker?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to The RW hates the environment?:
    [QUOTE]Climategate Globalwarming GlobalClimatechange Whatever it's called, the RW seems to hate (more hate) anything attributed to the health of the environment! Let's forget about the hype. Where do you people live? Do you love pollution? Why so angry about it. What's up with that? Why not do ANYTHING you can to improve the health of the world you live in? Let me guess, you all smoke, and the smoking thing is some liberal scam to take your freedoms away....
    Posted by Bill.the.Cat[/QUOTE]

Yes. People who question how climate change is occurring actually LOVE pollution. Makes perfect logical sense.

And it also makes perfect sense to believe that anyone who questions it also isn't doing their part to conserve energy and cut down on pollution. Yup. Perfect sense.

Funny thing about smoking is of all the people I know who smoke all of them are liberals.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]Climategate Globalwarming GlobalClimatechange Whatever it's called, the RW seems to hate (more hate) anything attributed to the health of the environment! Let's forget about the hype. Where do you people live? Do you love pollution? Why so angry about it. What's up with that? Why not do ANYTHING you can to improve the health of the world you live in? Let me guess, you all smoke, and the smoking thing is some liberal scam to take your freedoms away....

Bill, this is where people like yourself go off the track. Not believing man has a hand in GW has NOTHING to do with a clean planet. GW, if it were 100% true, would NOT pollute the planet. It would warm the planet and actually probably make it a nicer place to live in general. Who wouldn't want it to be 70 degrees year round (other than me)?

Now for your RW bs. IF Gore and RFK Jr. REALLY believed in GW would they be flying around the earth on their private planes that do more damage in ONE flight than my SUV does in a year! Hmmmm. As for the clean environment, why did Gore defend and write legislation to assist a strip mining outfit in W. Virginia that killed a river? Did it matter that the owner was a former class mate of Mr. Gore? NO WAY! Al wouldn't put $$$ ahead of the environment! Would he?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

Why do you guys hate clean air??? lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

Okay Bill... we'll come clean... errr. dirty. We do hate the environment. Only you could see through our conspiracy. We want to leave our children a contaminated wate dump full of chemicals, toxins and nuclear polution. We want our chilren to die young. You saw right through it.
    All of us RWNs want this. I'll get in trouble for sharing this secret but maybe I can sleep at  night after confessing.

Excellent deduction Holmes..... you dolt !  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In Response to Re: The RW hates the environment?:
    [QUOTE]Why do you guys hate clean air??? lol
    Posted by hawkeye01[/QUOTE]

Man, you guys can really shift the topic.

Hawkey with the classic grade school, "no, you are" response.

Newtster, you can fight it all you want but it's there. Industrial waste flowing into our rivers, toxins spewing into the air, ice caps melting and still you see no issues.

Just bouncing along in through life without a care.

Well, everytime a liberal do gooder tree hugger drops the hammer on some clown trashing the environment, it makes me feel good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

I was talking to a friend of mine about this post and he reminded me that all our RW friends are ALWAYS outside hiking, fishing, camping and skiing enjoying and preserving the wilderness. Our LW friends are in the house with their AC/wood stoves and NEVER venture into the woods. They take 30 minute showers think nothing of dropping their cigarette butts on the sidewalk or toss them out the window.

But yea Bill, you are right! ROTFLMAO!

BTW, why does the CO2 debate ALWAYS come down to "wealthy" Vs "poor" nations? If it was a true debate about cleaning the CO2 our of the air, shouldn't it be about "worse" polluters a "lighter" polluters? Nah that would help with wealth distribution.... Carry on!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

Actaully we like clean air and water, what we do hate is adding trillions in spendings to help make Al Gore  millions more.

We hate the fact that it now looks like the GW crowd fixed the data to make it look like they wanted it to look.  That is not science.

We hate that the MSM will just not ask any tough questions about the faked data.  Witness Al Gore on tv last week saying the emails are 10 years old, in fact the last one was from Nov. 12th 2009.

We hate that the GW crowd needs to have 1400 limos and 140 private planes to go talk about how bad CO2 is.

We hate when they tell us every 10 years that we only have 10 years to act to save the world.

We hate when John Kerry tells us how bad CO2 is well living in 4 or 5 huge homes driving 8 SUV's, having a 42 foot yacht, a private Gulfstream jet.

We hate when the late Sen. Kennedy tells us how bad GW warming is but then fights wind power because of the view from his huge home that has A/C for the summer by the way.

When the leaders on GW start giving up thier huge homes, private planes, stop using A/C in the summer and turn the heat down to 65 in the winter, when they stand up and fight for wind power even if they have to look at windmills, when they stand up and fight for Nuke Power then I will belive........

I wont be holding my breath for it however.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The RW hates the environment? : I was talking to a friend of mine about this post and he reminded me that all our RW friends are ALWAYS outside hiking, fishing, camping and skiing enjoying and preserving the wilderness. Our LW friends are in the house with their AC/wood stoves and NEVER venture into the woods. They take 30 minute showers think nothing of dropping their cigarette butts on the sidewalk or toss them out the window. But yea Bill, you are right! ROTFLMAO! BTW, why does the CO2 debate ALWAYS come down to "wealthy" Vs "poor" nations? If it was a true debate about cleaning the CO2 our of the air, shouldn't it be about "worse" polluters a "lighter" polluters? Nah that would help with wealth distribution.... Carry on!
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

Bill simply doesn't get it. He'd rather spend his time being angry and lashing out. I spend a great deal of time camping, hiking and kayaking so I'm very much into clean air and water. What Bill doesn't get is that just because there are some on the Right who question how climate change is occurring it doesn't mean we ALL feel the same way. It also doesn't mean that those who question it still aren't doing things to conserve energy and cut down on pollution. He seems to be someone who generalizes. That's unfortunate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The RW hates the environment? : Bill simply doesn't get it. He'd rather spend his time being angry and lashing out. I spend a great deal of time camping, hiking and kayaking so I'm very much into clean air and water. What Bill doesn't get is that just because there are some on the Right who question how climate change is occurring it doesn't mean we ALL feel the same way. It also doesn't mean that those who question it still aren't doing things to conserve energy and cut down on pollution. He seems to be someone who generalizes. That's unfortunate.
    Posted by hawkeye01[/QUOTE]

Bill, and others, like to put people into buckets, and he only has a few buckets.  That way he doesn't have to explain his stupid-a$$ generalizations.  Some folks just don't get it, you can be pro-enviromental, pro-carbon-reduction, etc.  I just don't buy into the klan that preaches their narrow viewpoint, make money off of fear, and think Al G(wh)ore is a decent human being.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabootwo2006. Show gabootwo2006's posts

As a RW'er, I am all for recycling paper, bottles and whatever else. I like the idea of doing whatever we can for the enviroment, but doing it in a logical, intelligent, and thoughtful manner. Right now, most people don't mind doing their share of the burden in finding more energy efficent ways to do things, conserving where they can, and learning what else they can do for the enviroment. People are much more aware of enviromental issues nowadays then they were 10 years ago. Give credit to groups like Greenpeace, Sierra Club and even Mr. Carbon Footprint himself Al Gore for raising the issues.

However, the crux of this issue and where most RWers disagree with the LW is this CAP & TAX Energy Bill. We don't want to be burdened down with an "energy tax" that will add thousands a year to our bills based on very questionable data in which scientists cannot even agree upon. Now I have heard the arguments from global warming to global cooling to where the heck are the sunspots coming from the sun???..... and it makes me wonder if the whole thing is a conspiracy. Hell, I even remember "acid rain" in the 70's and 80's but where has that gone? Has it been reworded again by the left and remarketed under Global Warming, Climate Change or whatever they are calling it nowadays? Could it be that the left wants to work up to a "Carbon Tax" where everything we say or do comes with a pricetag since human beings are Carbon-based lifeforms? Plus, hasn't the earth been continually changing thoughout its history and had its share of global warming and global cooling without human help? Therefore, how much impact doe man actually have on the enviroment?

Either way, there are a ton of questions regarding the issue. The LW has their way they want to handle the issue while the RW has their ways. Maybe, just maybe if both sides worked together on these issues and came up with data that both sides could agree with then maybe we would get somewhere. However, with everything nowadays having a political link to it and the fracturing within the political system itself between LW'ers and RW'ers I don't see much compromise going into a bill that could further bankrupt America. Just how far the LW'ers take the information from Copenhagen remains to be seen. However, being a RW'er, knowing that the LW has control of both houses it is a little scary.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

Also notice how Bill usually runs away after starting a thread........

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

BTW Bill, read the book "Cool It" and see what environmentalists are saying about your assertion that GW and pollution are the same thing. The author Bjorn Lomborg "in 2008 he was named "one of the 50 people who could save the planet" by the UK Guardian"

Bjorn Lomborg argues that many of the elaborate and expensive actions now being considered to stop global warming will cost hundreds of billions of dollars, are often based on emotional rather than strictly scientific assumptions, and may very well have little impact on the world's temperature for hundreds of years. Rather than starting with the most radical procedures, Lomborg argues that we should first focus our resources on more immediate concerns, such as fighting malaria and HIV/AIDS and assuring and maintaining a safe, fresh water supply-which can be addressed at a fraction of the cost and save millions of lives within our lifetime. He asks why the debate over climate change has stifled rational dialogue and killed meaningful dissent.

Lomborg presents us with a second generation of thinking on global warming that believes panic is neither warranted nor a constructive place from which to deal with any of humanity's problems, not just global warming. Cool It promises to be one of the most talked about and influential books of our time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The RW hates the environment? : BTW Bill, read the book "Cool It" and see what environmentalists are saying about your assertion that GW and pollution are the same thing. The author Bjorn Lomborg "in 2008 he was named "one of the 50 people who could save the planet" by the UK Guardian" Bjorn Lomborg argues that many of the elaborate and expensive actions now being considered to stop global warming will cost hundreds of billions of dollars, are often based on emotional rather than strictly scientific assumptions, and may very well have little impact on the world's temperature for hundreds of years. Rather than starting with the most radical procedures, Lomborg argues that we should first focus our resources on more immediate concerns, such as fighting malaria and HIV/AIDS and assuring and maintaining a safe, fresh water supply-which can be addressed at a fraction of the cost and save millions of lives within our lifetime. He asks why the debate over climate change has stifled rational dialogue and killed meaningful dissent. Lomborg presents us with a second generation of thinking on global warming that believes panic is neither warranted nor a constructive place from which to deal with any of humanity's problems, not just global warming. Cool It promises to be one of the most talked about and influential books of our time.
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

FINALLY, an expert on this subject that makes sense to me!  BTW, the RW doesn't hate the environment, they're just jealous and PO'd that the LW figured out how to make a buck off it before they did. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyffromNH. Show TeddyffromNH's posts

Global Warming and Climate Change are control mechanisms desiged to regulate, tax, and control businesses.

I hate progressive control freaks who issue regualtions "for the common good".

Yours truly, a right wing wing nut.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts