The sanity test for owning the Bushmaster .223

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The sanity test for owning the Bushmaster .223

The problem isn't the AR-15/Bushmaster .223.  The problem is when they get in the hands of people who are insane.  So we need a quiclk and easy test to determine if a buyer is sane enough to own one.  Here it is.....

If you want one, then you aren't sane enough to own one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

Re: The sanity test for owning the Bushmaster .223

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The problem isn't the AR-15/Bushmaster .223.  The problem is when they get in the hands of people who are insane.  So we need a quiclk and easy test to determine if a buyer is sane enough to own one.  Here it is.....

[/QUOTE]

Excellent logic!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

There is only three places where a sane person should be able to handle a Bushmaster .223.  Law enforcement , the Military and big game hunting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is only three places where a sane person should be able to handle a Bushmaster .223.  Law enforcement , the Military and big game hunting.

[/QUOTE]

Big game hunting?  Why would you want a Bush Master .223 for big game hunting? 

They have guns specifically made for big game hunting.  The .223 is designed to be used to kill people. 

If I were going someplace to shoot big game, I'm going to use the gun that is going to give me the best chance of bringing it down.  I'm going to use a gun specifically made for the job.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Even prominent NRA member and Senator Joe Manchin has gone on the record wondering how anyone can justify this type of weapon for hunting.  It's purpose is derived from its military and law enforcement uses and those uses when deployed is to make people die, especially with the .223 ammo which is designed specifically to maximize damage in the affected target, which is a nice way saying the ammo increases lethality of the weapon. 

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Also, the number of missions has been raised to 70.

[/QUOTE]

Excellent.  Made my day. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They have guns specifically made for big game hunting.  The .223 is designed to be used to kill people. 

If I were going someplace to shoot big game, I'm going to use the gun that is going to give me the best chance of bringing it down.  I'm going to use a gun specifically made for the job.

[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone buy an AR 15 for hunting?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Even prominent NRA member and Senator Joe Manchin has gone on the record wondering how anyone can justify this type of weapon for hunting.  It's purpose is derived from its military and law enforcement uses and those uses when deployed is to make people die, especially with the .223 ammo which is designed specifically to maximize damage in the affected target, which is a nice way saying the ammo increases lethality of the weapon. 

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Excellent.  Made my day. 

[/QUOTE]

Manchins commments show the lunacy surrounding this debate.  It is not about hunting.  It is about the right to defend youself, to arm yourself.  To cast the 2nd amendment as somehow related to hunting is just postioning us for more limitation on the types of defence we as citizens can posess.  Soon, we will be limited to the the shod foot.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Excellent.  Made my day. 

[/QUOTE]

Manchins commments show the lunacy surrounding this debate.  It is not about hunting.  It is about the right to defend youself, to arm yourself.  To cast the 2nd amendment as somehow related to hunting is just postioning us for more limitation on the types of defence we as citizens can posess.  Soon, we will be limited to the the shod foot.

[/QUOTE]

It isn't lunacy, his comments took on a specific argument typically cited for gun ownership, regarding a very specific weapon.  And obviously the second amendment is to an extent related to hunting and that argument has been made numerous times in the past by folks on the right as justification for not limited certain more powerful firearms. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Excellent.  Made my day. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It isn't lunacy, his comments took on a specific argument typically cited for gun ownership, regarding a very specific weapon.  And obviously the second amendment is to an extent related to hunting and that argument has been made numerous times in the past by folks on the right as justification for not limited certain more powerful firearms. 

[/QUOTE]

It's lunacy. Hunting isn't mentioned or referenced in the 2nd amendment. That folks use hunting as an argument shows me that, while they might know something about guns and hunting, they know nothing about the 2nd amendment.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's a catch .223 proposition.

[/QUOTE]

the strange thing is that the .223 was chosen because it is considered a more Humane choice of round.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Assault Rifles can be banned without violating the constitution.  Automatic rifles can be banned, flame throwers can be banned, explosives can be banned, and Assault Rifles can be banned.  They were banned once before and should be banned again.

And not only should they be banned, but if you already have one, it should be illegal to have one in your house.  The only place where such a weapon should be kept is at a licensed gun range.  Violators of the law should be forced to forfeit all of their guns.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I couldn't come up with any other reason for using an Bushmaster except hunting !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

Assault Rifles can be banned without violating the constitution.  Automatic rifles can be banned, flame throwers can be banned, explosives can be banned, and Assault Rifles can be banned.  They were banned once before and should be banned again.

And not only should they be banned, but if you already have one, it should be illegal to have one in your house.  The only place where such a weapon should be kept is at a licensed gun range.  Violators of the law should be forced to forfeit all of their guns.

[/QUOTE]

Why?  The assault rifle ban has nothing to do with this tragedy, despite your protests to the contrary.

When you are willingto discuss what really needs to be done to prevent more shooting, I'm all ears.  As long as you leverage this tragedy to make your callous political points, I'm not listening.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the strange thing is that the .223 was chosen because it is considered a more Humane choice of round.

Bullshiite!

The 5.56 high velocity round was adopted because it had the same lethality as larger caliber rounds but with less weight. That meant troops could carry more rounds into combat and more rounds could be transported with less cargo weight.

Just shut the freak up already.

You've been wrong on every freakin thing you posted.

[/QUOTE]

Holy crap Angry is actually right about something.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

Bullshiite!

The 5.56 high velocity round was adopted because it had the same lethality as larger caliber rounds but with less weight. That meant troops could carry more rounds into combat and more rounds could be transported with less cargo weight.

[/QUOTE]

Duplicate.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Id own a Bushmaster, Its a cool peice of hardware.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The black market will flourish if, the govt bans AR-15's or any weapons that are already owned by tens of thousands in the US!!

Are you also going to make legal owners turn theirs in?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

Bullshiite!

[/QUOTE]

You need to check on your "facts", son. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to tvoter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The black market will flourish if, the govt bans AR-15's or any weapons that are already owned by tens of thousands in the US!!

[/QUOTE]

The first is not a reason to do nothing.

As to the second, the government has made any number of things illegal that were once legal. To wit,the stimulant chemicals known collectively as "bath salts."

Those in possession have the choice of getting rid of them or risking arrest.

When Australia enacted its reforms, however, it chose the nice path of establishing a buy-back program.

[/QUOTE]

Why do you attack the inanimate object and not the real issues of mental health and our inability or failure to identify people with mental issues??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

Why do you attack the inanimate object and not the real issues of mental health and our inability or failure to identify people with mental issues?

I've discussed both. You're just taking a verbal sh!t for a reaction. Go pull your sister's hair if you're so bored. [/QUOTE]

Ok I'll take that as " i have no clue so I'll throw out  cowardly schoolgirl attack and run away.   bye pusssy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The first is not a reason to do nothing.

As to the second, the government has made any number of things illegal that were once legal. To wit,the stimulant chemicals known collectively as "bath salts."

Those in possession have the choice of getting rid of them or risking arrest.

When Australia enacted its reforms, however, it chose the nice path of establishing a buy-back program.

[/QUOTE]

Why do you attack the inanimate object and not the real issues of mental health and our inability or failure to identify people with mental issues??

[/QUOTE]

You answer your own question.  

The mentally ill have rights too.  I realize that the righties like to selectively read the constitution, but there's a section about due process.  Just because someone is mentally ill doesn't mean any one can do anything to them.  Just as with supposedly sane people, they can't be put away until they do something bad.

Besides, mental health or the ability to identify people with mental health issues is clearly not the problem.  The CT shooter was known to have mental health issues.  The shooter in Colorado was seeing a mental health practioner.  The shooter in Arizona clearly had mental health issues.  The shooter at Virginia Tech clearly had mental health issues.

So which rights to we stomp on?  The right to due process.  Do we put people away because we think they might hurt people.  Or do we take away their little, dangerous toy.  Do we put AR-15s in the same category as lawn darts?

And if we are going to take away a person's right to freedom because they are mentally ill, I think the litmus test for determining how dangerous is how vigorous they argue against a ban on Assault Rifles.  If you can't see how reasonable a ban on Assault Rifles is, then, in my opinion, you're crazy and a danger to the public and should be locked away.