The stimulus was a fraud

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

Re: The stimulus was a fraud

Oh I forgot they didn't know how bad it was after the fall of 2008, the transition and when he first got into office and when we were bleeding 700,000 jobs a month, well then he's an idiot!! The burden of proof isn't on me to show that it worked its on him and unemployment is at the exact same rate it was at in Feb 2009.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

but why aren't we around 6% unemployment like these geniuses said we'd be by now? You're the one that said the stimulus prevented WWW III, Because the banking system is broken? they broke it. Every economy in world relies on a healthy banking sector. If the banks arent healthy, they can't lend. And if they don't lend, the effectiveness of of monetary policy and fiscal policy is limited. AIG is broken. Bank of America is broken. They're all broken. How many letters do you get each week telling you you've been pre-approved for a credit card? I used to get 1 a week. I used to get letter all the time from banks telling me I've been preapproved for a home equity line. The last letter I got from a bank about home equity lines was to inform me that my line was frozen. If they hadn't done TARP and the stimulus, we would have been f**ked. If they hadn't bailed out the banks, nobody would have been able to get a pay check. I'm not exaggerating. The entire system was on the verge of collapse. Why do you think Arab Spring occurred? The same reason all of the governments in Europe were changed. It was because the people were angry about the state of their Economies. If you think it's bad here, imagine what it's like in developing countries. You should know that economic instability breeds political instability. And political instability means war.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: The stimulus was a fraud": [QUOTE]but why aren't we around 6% unemployment like these geniuses said we'd be by now? You're the one that said the stimulus prevented WWW III, Because the banking system is broken? they broke it. Every economy in world relies on a healthy banking sector. If the banks arent healthy, they can't lend. And if they don't lend, the effectiveness of of monetary policy and fiscal policy is limited. AIG is broken. Bank of America is broken. They're all broken. How many letters do you get each week telling you you've been pre-approved for a credit card? I used to get 1 a week. I used to get letter all the time from banks telling me I've been preapproved for a home equity line. The last letter I got from a bank about home equity lines was to inform me that my line was frozen. If they hadn't done TARP and the stimulus, we would have been f**ked. If they hadn't bailed out the banks, nobody would have been able to get a pay check. I'm not exaggerating. The entire system was on the verge of collapse. Why do you think Arab Spring occurred? The same reason all of the governments in Europe were changed. It was because the people were angry about the state of their Economies. If you think it's bad here, imagine what it's like in developing countries. You should know that economic instability breeds political instability. And political instability means war. Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE] The stimulus didn't do what they said it would do and it was a bad political move to say it would do x and it only did y. it was even worse to say we didn't know how bad it was. I know you like the but but we need a grown up In there, I'm not in love w Romney but Gary Johnson won't win

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: The stimulus was a fraud:
    [QUOTE]It's too bad that you didn't actually pay attention in your Econ courses. You may have actually learned something. You took Econ courses. You're the one that thinks the $900 stimulus had no impact on the economy. You tell me what happened to the $900 billion. Impress me with your MA from City College of NY. Or do they just degrees away at City College of New York?
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Clearly it is you who does not understand economics.  the $900 Billion was "funny money", borrowed and created out of thin air.

What happens when you borrow money from someone and then you buy some thing with it.  Are you richer?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]It's too bad that you didn't actually pay attention in your Econ courses. You may have actually learned something. You took Econ courses. You're the one that thinks the $900 stimulus had no impact on the economy. You tell me what happened to the $900 billion. Impress me with your MA from City College of NY. Or do they just degrees away at City College of New York?
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

You can't prove that the stimulus had an impact, and the economy has not recovered, so I would say the evidence seems to be against you.

Even Keynes was against government spending in down economies based on borrowing.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: The stimulus was a fraud": [QUOTE]Small prob here is that Obambi's stimulus was Bush's stimulus.  Just like the auto bailout, TARP, two stimuli, faith based initiatives . . . I mean, sans HC, is there really anything Bambi did that Bush didn't? And then blame Bush! Oh, did I leave out extending those horrid Bush tax cuts TWICE, and you're looking at 3 before the election. Here's the plan, I'll do everything he did, and then blame him when it doesn't work! BRILLIANT Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE] Unlike most Obama supporters I didn't blindly support everything Bush did, I guess its Obama's Hollywood star like quality that causes that. I've never said that I loved TARP and were the stimulus and TARP the exact same thing? Also was it Bush or Obama that signed Dodd-Frank into law? Because that doesn't seem to me like it was a continuation of Bush policy, that bill along with many other regulations have really helped to stoke the flames of a fiery recovery

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Thank You President Obama for keeping us from the Great Republican Depression. (Part2)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: The stimulus was a fraud": [QUOTE]  Thank You President Obama for keeping us from the Great Republican Depression. (Part2) Posted by vtfanofcs[/QUOTE] And for helping to architect this pathetic recovery.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: The stimulus was a fraud": And for helping to architect this pathetic recovery.

It's going pretty well considering how terribly the Republicans devastated the economy.  Good thing Mitt Hoover didn't win the last election.  We'd be in another full-blown Republican Depression.  How's the world economy doing?  Without Republican obstruction we'd be even better off.
    Posted by Harpua710[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: The stimulus was a fraud": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The stimulus was a fraud : Posted by vtfanofcs[/QUOTE] Youve read your MSNBC talking points