There Are Now More Americans In Jail Than There Were In Stalin's Gulag Archipelago Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/how-many-americans-in-jail-2012-3#ixzz2VBJDcLjH

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

ok, so you're going to continue to beat a straw man. i never made any claims, i posted a link to a article written by someone else. 

can you show everyone where i made the claim that "because drugs are everywhere that we shouldn't bother enforcing current laws."?

either way, that doesn't change the fact that your analogy is horrible. i don't expect you to understand why.

From the OP:

"There are still drugs everywhere.

So, maybe it's time we stopped throwing people in the slammer for possessing them."

That was easy!

now if only it was so easy for you to understand that those aren't my words and the context that they were used in has no relation to drinking and driving... but i don't expect you to "get it". 

you've derailed long enough now. buh bye!

You posted the words. Oh and I never said they had anything to do with drinking and driving. My god....I had higher hopes for you. Guess I was wrong. Yikes.

you're still derailing. you made a bad analogy.. end of story. move on.

And you're back pedaling. End of story. Carry on

i posted an article and provided a link to the source. i never offered my personal opinion. you incorrectly attributed the thoughts of the article to me. then you made an illogical analogy and i simply pointed out how off base you were... buy bye!

Oh...so you don't agree with what was stated in the article? Do you often post articles that you disagree with? Yeah...that's what I thought. 

me agreeing with the article and me writing the article are two different things.. did i say "There are still drugs everywhere. So, maybe it's time we stopped throwing people in the slammer for possessing them." no, i didn't. do i agree with it? yes, i do, for reasons explained in the rest of the article. does the article follow the logic of making drinking and driving legal like you said? no, it doesn't. again, you made a bad analogy. either accept it and move on or be mad and keep derailing the thread. 

Hahaha...I never said drunk driving should be legal. Nice try though. 'A' for effort.

You believe people shouldn't go to jail because drugs are everywhere. That is moronic. Availability is not a reason to not lock people up. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Sections
Shortcuts