THEY DID IT: THE GOVERNMENT IS SHUTDOWN THANKS TO THE GOP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

THEY DID IT: THE GOVERNMENT IS SHUTDOWN THANKS TO THE GOP

It is now October 1st, the midlinght deadline has passed, and our government is officially shutdown thanks to the GOP.

Today wil be a day of split-screens.

The first will concentrate on the government shutdown...what and who it affects and what who it does not affect right now.

The second screen will concentrate on the rollout of open enrollment in Obamacare...despite all efforts of the GOP to stop it....esp. the Tea Party and really esp. Mr. Ted Cruz of the 21 hour filibuster.

It is going to be a bumpy ride to say the least.

Maybe someday they will make a documentary entitled "All About the GOP" in relation to this period of history. (Title in homage to "All About Eve".)

For sure our screens will be full of talking heads 24/7.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

Re: THEY DID IT: THE GOVERNMENT IS SHUTDOWN THANKS TO THE GOP

These radical GOP idiots should be tried for treason, for violating the 14th ammendment, just to protest a LAW that they don't like!!! WhaTF? There are many laws I don't agree with, yet I comply.

These GOP thugs by their collective stupidity threaten to plunge a fragile US economy back into recession. Moreover they threaten the US credit rating again. For a party that professes sole allegiance to the constitution and thump their chests for the USA their actions speak otherwise. They thumb their nose at the constitution. They hold the well being of our country and our citizenry hostage! Their actions say F the economy. F the American citizens. We are the GOP and we stand for and by our own warped ideology, F eveyone else!

What these idiots don't understand,(beside basic economics), is that this rediculous piece of "political theater" is about to make the GOP obsolete!

Once again the GOP demonstrates that they are truly the Party of the Dumb and Shrill!

MAYBE BIG $$$ WILL KICK THEM IN A$S AND HAVE THEM WAKE THE F UP! BIG $$$ IS ABOUT THE ONLY THING THESE IDIOTS ARE BEHOLDEN TO AND SEEMINGLY, THE ONLY THING THEY UNDERSTAND AND BELIEVE IN.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Correct me if I am wrong, but the House put forward a bill, and the Democrat controlled Senate didn't vote for it.

Doesn't that make the Democrats responsible for the government shut down?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Republicans are running scared. They know the implementation of Obamacare could obliterate their chances of retaining the House in 2014, much less win the presidency in 2016. Because if successful, it will nakedly expose all the lies, tricks and deceptions they've sprung on their own constituents.

Worse, as people in their districts, even some of their diehard supporters, sign up for health plans with lower rates and subsidies, they're going to be pleasantly surprised. Maybe even spread the good word. Certainly, they'll think twice about voting for anyone vowing to snag it back from them. If all of a sudden during the next year Republicans suddenly stop talking about repealing and defunding Obamacare, you know it has to be working.

That's why the GOP will stop at nothing, even default, to kill the law in its infancy. And bitter losers that they are, they'd sooner let the world economy go up in flames than die a slow death watching the signature legislation of president Obama become the most significant social achievement in a generation and destroy their electoral hopes for cycles to come.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

I'm concerned Bo won't be fed and walked properly as a result of this. I hope we can all survive this....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:

Republicans are running scared. They know the implementation of Obamacare could obliterate their chances of retaining the House in 2014, much less win the presidency in 2016. Because if successful, it will nakedly expose all the lies, tricks and deceptions they've sprung on their own constituents.

Worse, as people in their districts, even some of their diehard supporters, sign up for health plans with lower rates and subsidies, they're going to be pleasantly surprised. Maybe even spread the good word. Certainly, they'll think twice about voting for anyone vowing to snag it back from them. If all of a sudden during the next year Republicans suddenly stop talking about repealing and defunding Obamacare, you know it has to be working.

That's why the GOP will stop at nothing, even default, to kill the law in its infancy. And bitter losers that they are, they'd sooner let the world economy go up in flames than die a slow death watching the signature legislation of president Obama become the most significant social achievement in a generation and destroy their electoral hopes for cycles to come.

That's some fantasy world you live inthere.

I will go along with you to this extent:  If Obamacare gets intrenched like the political heroin it is, people may not be able to kick the habit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

The hysterical squeals of libruls is deafening. Their total ignorance is astounding. 

Only "non-essential" operations are shut down. You will still get your crazy checks, social security, etc.

If it is non-essential it should not be re-opened with out a review.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

The hysterical squeals of libruls is deafening. Their total ignorance is astounding. 

Only "non-essential" operations are shut down. You will still get your crazy checks, social security, etc.

Are you sure? I thought the entire US was going to shut down? Maybe even the world? At least that's the impression I got from how the Left is acting

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are you sure? I thought the entire US was going to shut down? Maybe even the world? At least that's the impression I got from how the Left is acting

[/QUOTE]

It is the whole world, and Ted Cruz is soley to blame.

SAVE US OBAMA!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

the GOP is willing to negotiate and talk but the Dems refuse....the Republicans are patriots doing what they were elected to do...protect America from Obama's incompetency....granted the damage is done by Obama and the Republican's efforts are futile but it makes for good TV...

when my healthcare costs skyrocket next year..I'm firing my landscaper...spending less on home improvement projects with my local hardware store, spending less at local restaurants among other other cutbacks.....but it will be okay, I'm sure I'll be the only one who cuts back spending at local privately owned businesses.....not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

[QUOTE]

I will go along with you to this extent:  If Obamacare gets intrenched like the political heroin it is, people may not be able to kick the habit.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but according to Ted "McCarthy" Cruz it's not heroin, it's sugar. If you're going to regurgitate T Tard talking points, please get them right

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

SAVE US OBAMA!

Help me Ophra Winfrey!

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: THEY DID IT: THE GOVERNMENT IS SHUTDOWN THANKS TO THE HARRY REID!!!!!!

http://www.mediaite.com/online/harry-reid-reportedly-talked-obama-out-of-negotiations-over-shutdown/

According to unnamed sources—take that as you will—President Barack Obama at least momentarily considered negotiating with congressional leaders over the continuing resolution stalemate, but was talked out of it by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

“When the president considered sitting down with the four congressional leaders in the White House ahead of the deadline to avert a government shutdown, Reid privately urged Obama to call off the meeting, according to several people familiar with the situation,” Politico reported. “Reid believed that it would amount to nothing more than a photo-op that would give the false impression that a serious negotiation was occurring, even warning he wouldn’t attend such a session. Obama scrapped it.”

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sshore123. Show sshore123's posts

If only there were a budget in place we wouldn't need these continuing resolutions.  Now which chamber is supposed to introduce and pass a budget...hmmm 

Yes I know this is about raising the debt ceiling and not a budgetary issue - just pointing out the culpability and stupidity in both houses on both sides of the aisle

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Look, try common sense. If the dems were serious about "negotiations" why not do it? The house sent over a bill that would pay for the govt but, wanted the senate to do some things like:

drop the tax on medical equipment

put themselves back under the law they wrote

delay the law (as has been done with unions, big corps and the legislature) for a year

etc.

Why just demand a "clean bill" with no negotiation? Put politicians back in it and stop the tax on medical equipment for year!!??? Or at least one of those but, NOOOO they would not negotiate because they think it will hurt republicans more than them.

Its not about doing whats right or negotiations its about f-in politics and the same ole b-s!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

The political fallout from this will be just another chink of whats left of the GOPs armor.  

It's just a scratch!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

The political fallout from this will be just another chink of whats left of the GOPs armor.  

It's just a scratch!

Thats the dem mentality and that's why they dont care if, it hurts 800,000+ federal workers and everyone else!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Correct me if I am wrong, but the House put forward a bill, and the Democrat controlled Senate didn't vote for it.

If you're a lying P.O.S., yes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

The house sent over a bill

Get back to us when they send a clean bill.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to RushThePillPopper's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but according to Ted "McCarthy" Cruz it's not heroin, it's sugar. If you're going to regurgitate T Tard talking points, please get them right

[/QUOTE]

"sugar"  is slang for heroin.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:

In response to tvoter's comment:

[QUOTE]

The house sent over a bill

Get back to us when they send a clean bill.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't see any smudge marks.  There was some brown stuff on it when Reid sent it back, however.

OK,OK, seriously.  "Clean"?  in other words, send over what Obama wants or else?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:

[QUOTE]

If you're a lying P.O.S., yes.

[/QUOTE]

Or, if you just follow the logic.

The House sent a bill.

The Senate neither negotiated or signed the bill.

In anywhere other than politics, that makes the Senate responsible.

Sections
Shortcuts