This idiot is running the Senate

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: This idiot is running the Senate

Hmmmm...according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the unemployment rate for the government sector sits at 4.7%, which is nearly half the national rate of 9.1%.

Open mouth, insert foot Sen Reid.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t14.htm

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

Same old Dem approach.. repeat a lie so many times and it will be believed by some village idiots.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: This idiot is running the Senate:
    In Response to This idiot is running the Senate : Wasn`t he a boxer as a young man?  Maybe he and Ali have some things in common.  Too many blows to the head.
    Posted by jmel

no, he was a cowboy poet.  that I am sure of.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Just OTOMH...

Isn't the private sector at least 3x the size of the public sector...? 

And incidentally, unemployment for whites is about a quarter of that for hispanics and blacks...

...for young people, it's over 30%....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

And incidentally, unemployment for whites is about a quarter of that for hispanics and blacks...

Now why do you think that is?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

And incidentally, unemployment for whites is about a quarter of that for hispanics and blacks... Now why do you think that is?
    Posted by KittyDuke

Easy...

Because hispanics and blacks have far fewer opportunities for employment and advancement in the U.S. than whites do.

It's called "institutional racism".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

In Response to Re: This idiot is running the Senate : Easy... Because hispanics and blacks have far fewer opportunities for employment and advancement in the U.S. than whites do. It's called "institutional racism".
    Posted by MattyScornD

That's your opinion.
    When you say "white" who are you referring to? asians, samoains, native indians, islanders, Brazilians?? Or for you is it just anyone who's not black or hispanic?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

Because hispanics and blacks have far fewer opportunities for employment and advancement in the U.S. than whites do.

It's called "institutional racism".

Can you please provide examples? I struggle thinking that any company/organization would intentionally discriminate.

Perhaps the rate is parallel to school drop out lines.
    I hire many people. For me, it's all about hiring the best qualified candidate. 
    Maybe there are other factors.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

And incidentally, unemployment for whites is about a quarter of that for hispanics and blacks... Now why do you think that is?
    Posted by KittyDuke

Do please share your belief that "racial deltas" are the product of the inferior genetics of the black and brown races.  In case anyone has missed it: Kitty(David)Duke is an out and out racist.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

I never said that. It's what you wanted to hear.

I suggested education is directly relted to unemployment and you wip out your handy R card.
    Doesn't sound very mature.
    Please grow up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Because hispanics and blacks have far fewer opportunities for employment and advancement in the U.S. than whites do. It's called "institutional racism". Can you please provide examples? I struggle thinking that any company/organization would intentionally discriminate. Perhaps the rate is parallel to school drop out lines. I hire many people. For me, it's all about hiring the best qualified candidate.  Maybe there are other factors.  
    Posted by KittyDuke

Part of it is education.  Part is media-driven.  Part is government.  Part is cultural.  And part is just run-of-the-mill distrust of outsiders.  Hence the "insitutional" bit.

IMO though, it's mostly educational...the lack of a truly encompassing education policy in this country which favors all approaches to all types of learning and teaching challenges.

Steve Jobs was right about U.S. education being cra*.  Unfortunately, a comprehensive policy MUST come from the govt, which simply doesn't have the resources to tackle it full-on.  It's far too big to privatize entirely.

And talk about eliminating the Dept. Of Education is unhelpful at best and counter-productive at worst.

Complaining about "throwing money at the problem" means little to a school that didn't have any to begin with.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

I agree on education but struggle again to think that all students don't have that same opportunity to learn. I wonder if some social and racial stigma exists exacerbating the issue.
    There are plenty of minority leaders at all levels to look up to. Kids gravitate to what's cool.
    Maybe home environment has the biggest impact which is out of governments control.

Assuming we are all the same, can self respect and motivation be the biggest influence on making good decisions.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

I never said that. It's what you wanted to hear. I suggested education is directly relted to unemployment and you wip out your handy R card. Doesn't sound very mature. Please grow up.
    Posted by KittyDuke

Now you are a liar and a racist.

"Taking another step.. is it possible some races are not as intelligent or motivated as others? Subjective no doubt. Do you see certain races or ethnic groups suceeding where others do not or can not?"
    Posted by KittyDuke

Then you demand that others explain the "deltas" of racial disparity other than by racial difference. 

There's no playing a "card" it's calling out a racist.

It's what you are.  Why are you running from what you are all about? You should be proud of your bigotry. Prejudice is central to your (very twisted) soul.

There's no growing for you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobc33. Show bobc33's posts

In Response to Re: This idiot is running the Senate : Easy... Because hispanics and blacks have far fewer opportunities for employment and advancement in the U.S. than whites do. It's called "institutional racism".
    Posted by MattyScornD

Hispanics and blacks have more opportunities in the U.S. than whites do, it's called "affirmative action."  Though I think over the next ten years you'll see most of these programs phased out.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

In Response to Re: This idiot is running the Senate : Hey spanky, the private sector couldn't exist without the public sector. It is a mutually dependent dynamic. I know for you wingnuts, the public sector is a dirty word, but that attitude is born of ignorance and ideology.  Our country's infrastructure was built and is maintained by the public sector. Without the public sector there would be no roads or bridges, to name just two vital gov't functions. That means there could be no manufacturing. There aren't many businesses that do not, in some way need the public sector. Without the public sector there would be no increase in wealth. Heck there wouldn't be much wealth at all. The public sector and it's products creates and maintains the foundation for ALL wealth and prosperity generated by a country.   The problem with whacko wingnut ideology is limited in it's scope, shortsighted in it's reach and naive in it's application. Anything that cannot be monetarily quantified or is too complex to fit on a bumpersticker scares the bejesus out of the wingnuts and so they must attack it.  It's either elitist, which means beyond their comprehension, or it's a dreaded gov't service or employee, which means they understand it's importance but don't want to bear the costs associated with it.  A functioning society cannot be judged on a profit and loss basis. Just as in business, there are costs associated running a company which cannot be quantified as a direct cost for a product but are necessary and proper none the less.  
    Posted by airborne-rgr

do you really believe the roads and infrastructure were built by govt workers??

Sections
Shortcuts