This is becoming a theme: Democrat Prosecutors abused authority in groundless investigation against Republican Governor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

This is becoming a theme: Democrat Prosecutors abused authority in groundless investigation against Republican Governor

Not Texas this time , but Wisconsin.
    We are in a dangerous place when prosecutors can identify the target first, and then try to find a crime.

The short story is that two separate proceedings were commenced under the auspices of Democratic District Attorneys in order to try to take down Republican Governor Scott Walker.

John Doe No. 1 concerned Walker’s time as County Executive and ended without finding any wrongdoing by Walker himself.

John Doe No. 2 concerned Walker’s time as Governor and recall election.   Both a state court judge and a federal judge found that even if everything the investigators claimed was true, it was not illegal.  This John Doe No. 2 resulted in a federal lawsuit by two of the targets alleging that the investigators violated the targets’ constitutional rights.

Some documents released Friday by the federal Court of Appeals reveal just how abusive this John Doe No. 2 was.  

The investigators conducted a widespread fishing expedition through the otherwise private records of numerous conservative activists. Conservative targets of a Democrat-launched John Doe investigation have described the secret probe as a witch hunt.

That might not be a big enough descriptor, based on records released Friday by a federal appeals court as part of a  massive document dump.

Attorneys for conservative activist Eric O’Keefe and the Wisconsin Club for Growth point to subpoenas requested by John Doe prosecutors that sought records from “at least eight phone companies” believed to serve the targets of the investigation. O’Keefe and the club have filed a civil rights lawsuit against John Doe prosecutors, alleging they violated conservatives’ First Amendment rights.

Subpoenas also demanded the conservatives’ bank records, “emails from every major private email provider” and other information in what some have described as a mini-NSA (National Security Agency) operation in Wisconsin.

“In fact, Defendants’ submissions confirm and expand upon the scope and intensity of retaliation previously demonstrated,” O’Keefe’s attorney wrote in documents ordered unsealed by the 7th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals.

The documents raise serious concerns about the tactics of Milwaukee County Democratic District Attorney John Chisholm, two of his assistant DAs and others involved in the investigation targeting dozens of conservatives.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2014/08/revealed-wisconsin-john-doe-investigation-was-full-blown-anti-conservative-fishing-expedition/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LegalInsurrection+%28Le%C2%B7gal+In%C2%B7sur%C2%B7rec%C2%B7

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Re: This is becoming a theme: Democrat Prosecutors abused authority in groundless investigation against Republican Governor

The lies from the Obama Administration once more exposed. I am sure Low Road will have an explanation as to why the Obama Administration won't  produce the emails if there is nothing wrong going on at the IRS. Wouldn't the emails exonerate those accused of politicizing the IRS? Apparently not.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/judicial-watch-missing-irs-emails-are-backed-up/

Judicial Watch, a watchdog group which has been investigating the IRS scandal, has learned that Lois Lerner’s supposedly missing emails may still exist within a federal government back-up system.

After months of administration officials insisting that two years worth of Lerner’s emails were irretrievable following a computer crash, a Department of Justice attorney admitted to Judicial Watch Friday that the federal government backs up all their computer records in case of catastrophe.

IRS Commissioner John Koskinen testified just a few months ago that Lerner’s emails were lost, while the IRS claimed it had gone to “unprecedented efforts” to retrieve the emails.

The news of the “lost” emails was met with wide mockery and disbelief in the press, with many suspecting that some back-up of the records must exist.

Tom Fitton, the president of Judicial Watch, told Fox News that the Department of Justice now claims it would be “too hard” to retrieve Lerner’s emails from the back-up system.

Fitton was irate over the administration’s deception: “Everything we’ve been hearing about scratched hard drives, missing e-mails of Lois Lerner, other IRS officials, other officials in the Obama administration–it’s all been a pack of malarkey.”

“There’s no such thing as Lois Lerner’s missing e-mails,” said Fitton. “It’s all been a big lie. They’ve been lying to the courts, to the American people and to Congress. It is really outrageous.”

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: This is becoming a theme: Democrat Prosecutors abused authority in groundless investigation against Republican Governor

If Mark Twain was around today he would probably say ..... "It's better to be silent and be thought a fool , than to start a discussion about groundless investigations and remove all doubt .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to high-road's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Heh, heh, heh ... so tell me, how's tha benghazipalooza working out for ya?

FOUR investigations and lemmings like you STILL refuse to acknowledge your own committees findings.

How many investiagtions you wingnuts have going right now? Take a guess?

So just shut up with the partisan bullstuff, ya'll are the champions of it ... the only problem is, that you have no spine and cry like little girls if the same investigations are pointed in your direction.

LOSER!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

So the prosecutions of Republicans are revenge for Benghazi? Wow...You show the rank political nastiness which is reflected in criminalizing political differences.

Your story with the Perry indictment was that a "wingnut" prosecutor brought it, which puts it above reproach...that was the magic wand...

So, surely, then , you must have some cynicism about liberal Democratic prosecutors bringing spurious investigations against popular Republican Governors who may be a threat nationally...or you dont care, the ends justify the means, abuse the prosecutorial function and destroy "wingnuts" by smear tactics... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, surely, then , you must have some cynicism about liberal Democratic prosecutors bringing spurious investigations against popular Republican Governors who may be a threat nationally

[/QUOTE]

Popular?  You may want to double check those approval ratings for Walker....and Perry for that matter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

I wonder what conclusion would be reached on the possibility of Republican conspiratorial hit jobs if  I were to research and compile a list of all instances in which a Democrat was investigated for something and ultimately cleared.....   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

In response to high-road's comment:

Heh, heh, heh ... so tell me, how's tha benghazipalooza working out for ya?
    FOUR investigations and lemmings like you STILL refuse to acknowledge your own committees findings.
    How many investiagtions do you wingnuts have going right now? Take a guess?
    So just shut up with the partisan bullstuff, ya'll are the champions of it ... the only problem is, that you have no spine and cry like little girls if the same investigations are pointed in your direction.

So the prosecutions of Republicans are revenge for Benghazi? Wow...You show the rank political nastiness which is reflected in criminalizing political differences.

Your story with the Perry indictment was that a "wingnut" prosecutor brought it, which puts it above reproach...that was the magic wand...

So, surely, then , you must have some cynicism about liberal Democratic prosecutors bringing spurious investigations against popular Republican Governors who may be a threat nationally...or you dont care, the ends justify the means, abuse the prosecutorial function and destroy "wingnuts" by smear tactics... 

So now, any Dem investigation must be 'revenge'?

Wow, you wingnuts are something else ... first ya throw around all sorts of spurious attacks and when they proven to be lies ... you come back with "You can't investigate us because that would be revenge for our bs attacks against you".

Ridiculous.

If you bothered to follow the WI investigation you'd have known that Walker is not the subject of the investigation so your entire premise is moot.

The only 'theme' here is that wingnuts think they can attack the opposition with impunity while not being called on their own transgressions.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Mark Twain was around today he would probably say ..... "It's better to be silent and be thought a fool , than to start a discussion about groundless investigations and remove all doubt .

[/QUOTE]

The liberal networks and posters here on boston.com who obsessed for weeks about the Chris Christie "traffic gate" investigation might have listened to Mark Twain...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

[QUOTE]

The liberal networks and posters here on boston.com who obsessed for weeks about the Chris Christie "traffic gate" investigation might have listened to Mark Twain...

[/QUOTE]

Says the most obsessed of any BDC poster. Who, of course, gives Obama a pass every time Obama says he wasn't aware of the alleged scandal of the day......  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wonder what conclusion would be reached on the possibility of Republican conspiratorial hit jobs if  I were to research and compile a list of all instances in which a Democrat was investigated for something and ultimately cleared.....   

[/QUOTE]

Yes, all prosecutors are above reproach, dont have an ounce of politician in them...they are all pristeen public servants, pure as the driven snow...and if you question prosecutors,  you are a 'conspiracy theorist'....purely coincidental that numerous  Republican Governors who may want to run in 2016 have been targeted. by the Obama Justice Dept..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Meaning, CLC, that every times it's a D you say they are guilty no matter what the result of the investigation is, and if it's an R you say they are innnocent and the investigation is a Democrat conspiracy no matter the result.

You just turn everything back into some rant about teh libruls. A one trick pony. BDC's Bachmann.

"Yes, all prosecutors are above reproach, dont have an ounce of politician in them...they are all pristeen public servants, pure as the driven snow...and if you question prosecutors, you are a 'conspiracy theorist'....purely coincidental that numerous Republican Governors who may want to run in 2016 have been targeted. by the Obama Justice Dept.."

Huh?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes, all prosecutors are above reproach, dont have an ounce of politician in them...they are all pristeen public servants, pure as the driven snow...and if you question prosecutors,  you are a 'conspiracy theorist'....purely coincidental that numerous  Republican Governors who may want to run in 2016 have been targeted. by the Obama Justice Dept..

[/QUOTE]

That's not what WDYWN posted.

And if you break federal law you should expect a visit from a federal investigator.

Remember all your caterwauling defending Souza and accusing the DoJ of targetting him?

How'd that work out for ya?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Add "in which a Democrat was investigated by a Republican AG" and I'd definitely be interested in seeing that.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

Meaning, CLC, that every times it's a D you say they are guilty no matter what the result of the investigation is, and if it's an R you say they are innnocent and the investigation is a Democrat conspiracy no matter the result.

You just turn everything back into some rant about teh libruls. A one trick pony. BDC's Bachmann.

"Yes, all prosecutors are above reproach, dont have an ounce of politician in them...they are all pristeen public servants, pure as the driven snow...and if you question prosecutors, you are a 'conspiracy theorist'....purely coincidental that numerous Republican Governors who may want to run in 2016 have been targeted. by the Obama Justice Dept.."

Huh?

[/QUOTE]

And you just kneejerk defend liberals,  and Obama endlessly, and conveniently claim anyone who is not of the progressive ilk is the equivalent of a conspiracy theorist 9/11 truther lunatic ..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Add "in which a Democrat was investigated by a Republican AG" and I'd definitely be interested in seeing that.

--

[/QUOTE]

The AGs in both Texas and Wisconsin are Republicans.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

And you just kneejerk defend liberals,  and Obama endlessly, and conveniently claim anyone who is not of the progressive ilk is the equivalent of a conspiracy theorist 9/11 truther lunatic ..

Which is a lie, of course. I've posted a number of criticisms of Obama today alone.

But then, extremists tend to assume that everyone else is an extremist just like them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

Which is a lie, of course. I've posted a number of criticisms of Obama today alone.

But then, extremists tend to assume that everyone else is an extremist just like them.

[/QUOTE]

Calling me an extremist,  is kind of proving my point about you. Mr bipartisan you aint, despite your delusions...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to slomag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

--

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right but irrelevent. The investigations in both Texas and Wisconsin were led by local Democratic prosecutors, not beholden to the state Attorney General.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hypertext. Show hypertext's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Calling me an extremist,  is kind of proving my point about you. Mr bipartisan you aint, despite your delusions...

[/QUOTE]

Having the screen name of "ComingLiberalCrackup" kinda pegs you as an extremist/partisan, no? Good Lord, what a hack you are.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Calling me an extremist,  is kind of proving my point about you.

Wait. You actually don't think you are a far right extremist? I could count the number of self-proclaimed conservative politician that you don't consider RINOs on one hand. To you, Huntsman is tainted simply because he was once employed by a Democrat.

That, and the fact that you treat "liberal" as a synonym of "stuff I hate"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Mr bipartisan you aint, despite your delusions...

I don't have the opportunity to work with Republicans to pass legislation very often, true. When did I say I was a politician?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

--

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right but irrelevent. The investigations in both Texas and Wisconsin were led by local Democratic prosecutors, not beholden to the state Attorney General.

[/QUOTE]

AUSTIN, Texas—San Antonio lawyer Michael McCrum, the special prosecutor behind the indictment of Republican Gov. Rick Perry, is described by colleagues as a steadfastly apolitical straight shooter.

Mr. McCrum declined to discuss his personal background on Tuesday, saying he wanted the focus to be on "the alleged crime," not himself. But in an interview on Saturday, he said claims by Mr. Perry and others that his prosecution was motivated by politics were ridiculous. He declined to reveal his political affiliation, saying "I don't want to play that game."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

--

[/QUOTE]

AUSTIN, Texas—San Antonio lawyer Michael McCrum, the special prosecutor behind the indictment of Republican Gov. Rick Perry, is described by colleagues as a steadfastly apolitical straight shooter.

Mr. McCrum declined to discuss his personal background on Tuesday, saying he wanted the focus to be on "the alleged crime," not himself. But in an interview on Saturday, he said claims by Mr. Perry and others that his prosecution was motivated by politics were ridiculous. He declined to reveal his political affiliation, saying "I don't want to play that game."

[/QUOTE]

The indictment arose from partisan zealots in Travis County, whose previous partisan indictments of Republicans all failed miserably, not from McCrum..
    The joke of an indictment against Perry started with a George Soros funded leftist hit group organization filing a complaint...then investigated by the leftist partisan prosecutorial staff  in Travis County...then they appointed the stooge prosecutor, who like any prosecutor, can get a grand jury , especially in moonbatty Austin, to indict a ham sandwich, especially a Republican ham sandwich...so spare the "straight shooter" craopla...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

The joke of an indictment against Perry started with a George Soros funded leftist hit group organization filing a complaint...then investigated by the leftist partisan prosecutorial staff  in Travis County...then they appointed a stooge prosecutor, who like any prosecutor, can get a grand jury , especially in moonbatty Austin, to indict a ham sandwich, especially a Republican ham sandwich...so spare the "straight shooter" craopla...

Why do you keep lying about the basic facts of this case?

Is it because admitting the truth weakens your argument?

From the outset every Dem has recused themselves from the case.

The judges who handled the case are both wingnuts, one appointed by Perry himself.

Constantly misrepresenting basic facts doesn't change the reality, it only makes you look like a simpleton who can't even lie very well.