This is how you win a War

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

This is how you win a War

Why are republicans attacking obama over libya???  Obama is winning this war and doing it with no invasion and some very effective and relatively cheap air strikes.  Why are republicans attacking obama??  Because they are trying to deflect the long list of bush failures onto obama.  They are jealous that obama so easily won this war against libya and will do anything in their power to attack obama.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

Re: This is how you win a War

War?

Geepers.. I thought it was a regional "conflict".

It only took him 2 weeks to develop the garbage spins he spewed last night.

My guess is that he waited to see which way the public wind was blowing before he opened his lying mouth.

All things to all people.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WIIN12AM. Show WIIN12AM's posts

What war?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

...it's just an itervention.

On talk radio this morning the Obama Doctrine was reduced to the "Hoky Poky Doctrrne"  sing a line or two and you then can understand the depth of the doctrine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

In Response to Re: This is how you win a War:
    [QUOTE]How do you know he is "winning the war"? How will you know when it is over? When you find out let us know because no one else seems to know. It very nice of Obama to go to the UN and the Arab League before even having a discussion with the American people either directly or through Congress. Now the government can attack other countries without even being threatened! Pre-emptive war? That is for pus-sies!! As Dick Morris said - if Senator Obama were to vote on a war resolution proposed by President Obama he would be voting NO.
    Posted by Newtster[/QUOTE]

You mean pesent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

The Anti-Bush Doctrine = Think first, then act.  How refreshing....

But this isn't a war, and even if it was, there is no "winning" in this scenario; there are only casualties. 

Ironic though, that the key is two of our most important assets working together toward a common goal: a Republican Secretary of Defense and a Democratic Former First Lady Secretary of State.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[QUOTE]The Anti-Bush Doctrine = Think first, then act.  How refreshing.... But this isn't a war, and even if it was, there is no "winning" in this scenario; there are only casualties.  Ironic though, that the key is two of our most important assets working together toward a common goal: a Republican Secretary of Defense and a Democratic Former First Lady Secretary of State.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

What is that goal?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how you win a War : What is that goal?
    Posted by sk8ter2008[/QUOTE]

There you go asking the question thta wasn't answered last night.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Matty, Lets not sit here and pretend that Bush just went in on a whim with no thought on things. He had the backing of the UN, a much larger coalition than preset, and lots of prominent Democrats back the decision at that time. Several warnings and deadlines were given to Saddam at the time. I know you think your guy can do no wrong but enough with the re-writing history to make it fit your posts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how you win a War : What is that goal?
    Posted by sk8ter2008[/QUOTE]

How about regional stability (relatively speaking, of course)...?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

Tunisia, Libya, Egypt. Three in a row without a government and no way for us to know which way they go for months if not years... Doesn't sound too stable to me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]Matty, Lets not sit here and pretend that Bush just went in on a whim with no thought on things. He had the backing of the UN, a much larger coalition than preset, and lots of prominent Democrats back the decision at that time. Several warnings and deadlines were given to Saddam at the time. I know you think your guy can do no wrong but enough with the re-writing history to make it fit your posts.
    Posted by newman09[/QUOTE]

Right.  How silly of me.

So all of that "they'll greet us as liberators" and "mission accomplished" and "Saddam has WMDs" was what?  A clever ploy?

How about a country that had zero affiliation with Al Qaeda suddenly filled to the brim with AQ "insurgents"...??  Was that all part of Bush's plan, too?

Or how about vastly under-supporting the real goal of combating terrorism where it actually existed - in Afghanistan - or capturing bin Laden...??

The point is not, nor ever has been, the decision to go into Iraq; the point is the utter incompetence and myopia with which that action was carried out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]Tunisia, Libya, Egypt. Three in a row without a government and no way for us to know which way they go for months if not years... Doesn't sound too stable to me.
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

The difference is that, in the other two cases, the military backed the people, not the leadership.

And again, I think we can agree that "stability" is always a relative term where the middle east is concerned.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how you win a War : Right.  How silly of me. So all of that "they'll greet us as liberators" and "mission accomplished" and "Saddam has WMDs" was what?  A clever ploy? How about a country that had zero affiliation with Al Qaeda suddenly filled to the brim with AQ "insurgents"...??  Was that all part of Bush's plan, too? Or how about vastly under-supporting the real goal of combating terrorism where it actually existed - in Afghanistan - or capturing bin Laden...?? The point is not, nor ever has been, the decision to go into Iraq; the point is the utter incompetence and myopia with which that action was carried out.

Your comment was "think first" and I wanted to point out that lots of thought and timelines went into what happen in Iraq. The rest of what you're saying is with the benefit of hindsight. I agree that once we found no WMD's, we should have packed things up and came home. Your initial comment makes the impression that Obama thinks everything through first and Bush just had blinders on and went in without any consideration. Poor comparison!!! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how you win a War : How about regional stability (relatively speaking, of course)...?

It's a good goal but it wasn't stated last night.  President Obama claims it is a humanitarian effort and not about regime change.  The president claims it is in our national interest and over the weekend Gates said it wasn't. It sounds like this President is all over the map and far from focused on his policy.

I still think it is a mistake, and far from the right time from taking a victory lap. Obama's statements last night unfortunately have the strong prospect of sounding a lot like Bush's mission accomplished faux pas.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how you win a War : The difference is that, in the other two cases, the military backed the people, not the leadership. And again, I think we can agree that "stability" is always a relative term where the middle east is concerned.
    Agree but I wouldn't call that area stable in any sense. If Egypt forms an anti-Israeli government, that place would go back to the tinder box it was in the 60's and 70's.
    Also, if any of the 3 become Taliban type governments, they have a camp @100 miles from Europe. I would bet France would then be a big proponent of SDI (though I bet Sarkozy would be anyway unlike Chirac).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how you win a War : How about regional stability (relatively speaking, of course)...?

How do you see our involvement helping "regional" stability?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how you win a War : Right.  How silly of me. So all of that "they'll greet us as liberators" and "mission accomplished" and "Saddam has WMDs" was what?  A clever ploy? How about a country that had zero affiliation with Al Qaeda suddenly filled to the brim with AQ "insurgents"...??  Was that all part of Bush's plan, too? Or how about vastly under-supporting the real goal of combating terrorism where it actually existed - in Afghanistan - or capturing bin Laden...?? The point is not, nor ever has been, the decision to go into Iraq; the point is the utter incompetence and myopia with which that action was carried out.

I remember the "Iraqi's" celebrating and waving American flags days after we took Bagdad. Then the insurgency moved in and extremist started scaring all the iraqi's. This same scenerio is a real probability in Libya right now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how you win a War : Your comment was "think first" and I wanted to point out that lots of thought and timelines went into what happen in Iraq. The rest of what you're saying is with the benefit of hindsight. I agree that once we found no WMD's, we should have packed things up and came home. Your initial comment makes the impression that Obama thinks everything through first and Bush just had blinders on and went in without any consideration. Poor comparison!!! 
    Posted by newman09[/QUOTE]

Except that Bush & Co. severely underestimated the historical sectarian divides within Iraq and the fact that the secular Ba'athists - however abhorrent - had kept that animosity at bay for decades.

Also, at that time, everyone knew Afghanistan was the proper theater for the war on terrorism and said so, vehemently.  Iraq was a blunder from the word 'Go'.

But OK, if it's not a good comparison, then there's no good basis with which to compare the approval of congress for both scenarios then, is there??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how you win a War : It's a good goal but it wasn't stated last night.  President Obama claims it is a humanitarian effort and not about regime change.  The president claims it is in our national interest and over the weekend Gates said it wasn't. It sounds like this President is all over the map and far from focused on his policy. I still think it is a mistake, and far from the right time from taking a victory lap. Obama's statements last night unfortunately have the strong prospect of sounding a lot like Bush's mission accomplished faux pas.
    Posted by massmoderateJoe[/QUOTE]

The goal is not regime change via military force, but regime change ("Qaddafi must go.") via diplomatic means.  Big difference, that.  And nowhere in his statement was there anything remotely close to "mission accomplished"...so don't even go there.

And I'll repeat, again...I don't think it was such a smooth move, either.  But at least I'm willing to say I was wrong when the results prove me wrong.  Can't say the same about some folks....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how you win a War : The goal is not regime change via military force, but regime change ("Qaddafi must go.") via diplomatic means.  Big difference, that.  And nowhere in his statement was there anything remotely close to "mission accomplished"...so don't even go there. And I'll repeat, again...I don't think it was such a smooth move, either.  But at least I'm willing to say I was wrong when the results prove me wrong.  Can't say the same about some folks....

Well I hope they are the samein that they both eventually become countries with a semblance of democratic and human right values.

Obama did not mention and I do not believe knows or has a plan for post Gaddafi and what if, they (gadaffi loyalist) get the upper hand. It's pretty much a stalemate right now. The "rebels" got pounded with artillery last night and had to retreat over 25 miles.

We have no idea who will fill the vacuum when/if gaddafi leaves, is that irrelevent? what if the reports of alqaeda insurgents infillitrating is true? Even our military says thay have no idea who it is really!!!!

Gaddafi has said he will unlock his arsenal of weapons and turn them over to the people (basically create a civil war) before he surrenders. What then?

We have no answers to any of these very real scenerios!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is how you win a War : Speaking of Al Qaeda, they are moving into Libya: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/libya-intelligence-shows-flickers-al-qaeda-u-20110329-074729-524.html
    Posted by Newtster[/QUOTE]

Makes sense for them.
    Move to turmoil and stir the pot. A new battle ground is born.
    Happy birthday Libya. So much for real estate prices there.

It will be Obamas Iraq !

"You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"