This is idiotic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

This is idiotic

Why is the U.S. Congress wasting time debating the wording on a Christmas Card?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12/10/white-house-christmas-decorations-yes-white-house-christmas-card/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=F253A+foxnews%252Fpolitics+%2528FOXNews.com+-+Politics%2529

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

Re: This is idiotic

Some congressman from So. Carolina thinks that is more important than our economy and 2 wars that are failing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

"Some congressman from So. Carolina thinks that is more important than our economy and 2 wars that are failing."

Try as I might but I couldn't seem to find anything in the article that mentions how the congressman thinks this issue is more important than our economy and 2 wars. Was there another article that you meant to attach? Thanks!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

In Response to Re: This is idiotic:
    [QUOTE]" Some congressman from So. Carolina thinks that is more important than our economy and 2 wars that are failing ." Try as I might but I couldn't seem to find anything in the article that mentions how the congressman thinks this issue is more important than our economy and 2 wars. Was there another article that you meant to attach? Thanks!
    Posted by hawkeye01[/QUOTE]

It didn't say "more important", but the mere fact that Brown wants to tie up congress over this and make an issue during a time of recession and war is enough to show what an idiot he is.

Should the card say Merry Christmas or Season's greetings?  I doubt if he took jabs at Bush when his card said Happy Holidays.  He didn't take that to the congressional floor.  This guy proves how moronic congressmen can be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is idiotic : It didn't say "more important", but the mere fact that Brown wants to tie up congress over this and make an issue during a time of recession and war is enough to show what an idiot he is. Should the card say Merry Christmas or Season's greetings?  I doubt if he took jabs at Bush when his card said Happy Holidays.  He didn't take that to the congressional floor.  This guy proves how moronic congressmen can be.
    Posted by giraffe-77[/QUOTE]

This is the typical bs BOTH parties do to take our attention off of what they are really doing. Bush did the same thing in 2008 and there wasn't a peep.

People need to keep their eye on the ball and stop the cap and trade bill and the HC reform bill.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is idiotic : This is the typical bs BOTH parties do to take our attention off of what they are really doing. Bush did the same thing in 2008 and there wasn't a peep. People need to keep their eye on the ball and stop the cap and trade bill and the HC reform bill.
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

I also think we should go back and re-do the Patriot Act (if not eliminate it).  It gives the gov't permission to endlessly spy on us.  It also created untold numbers of beaurocracies to do the spying.  Tax, tax, tax.  It's for your own good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

BECAUSE WASHINGTON D C HAS BECOME THE HOME OF ALL THE LIBERAL IDIOTS IN AMERICA !!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is idiotic : It didn't say "more important", but the mere fact that Brown wants to tie up congress over this and make an issue during a time of recession and war is enough to show what an idiot he is. Should the card say Merry Christmas or Season's greetings?  I doubt if he took jabs at Bush when his card said Happy Holidays.  He didn't take that to the congressional floor.  This guy proves how moronic congressmen can be.

To say he's "tying up congress" with this is just plain hyperbole. He's not. Believe it or not congress does have the ability to work on many different issues. Issues like this are brought up in congress all the time. Congress prioritizes.
    And unless you know for sure if he didn't bring this up when Bush was president it's just more hyperbole.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is idiotic : I also think we should go back and re-do the Patriot Act (if not eliminate it).  It gives the gov't permission to endlessly spy on us.  It also created untold numbers of beaurocracies to do the spying.  Tax, tax, tax.  It's for your own good.

That isn't going to happen especially given the president voted for it in '06

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is idiotic : To say he's "tying up congress" with this is just plain hyperbole. He's not. Believe it or not congress does have the ability to work on many different issues. Issues like this are brought up in congress all the time. Congress prioritizes. And unless you know for sure if he didn't bring this up when Bush was president it's just more hyperbole.
    Posted by hawkeye01[/QUOTE]   CONGRESS IS THE PROBLEM !!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is idiotic : To say he's "tying up congress" with this is just plain hyperbole. He's not. Believe it or not congress does have the ability to work on many different issues. Issues like this are brought up in congress all the time. Congress prioritizes. And unless you know for sure if he didn't bring this up when Bush was president it's just more hyperbole.

Show me an incident where they took Bush's wording on a Holiday card to the floor of congress.  I KNOW that didn't happen.  This is ridiculous.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aynnie. Show aynnie's posts

South Carolina seems to produce particularly obnoxious politicians. Who does this guy think he is tryint to tell the Obamas what they should put on their Christmas cards??  What a flaming jerk.  This is NOT a theocracy.

Of course they would not tie up the floor of Congress with this if there were a Republican President.  It is absolutely ridiculous, and he is a moron to waste ANY time at all on this.  I can't stand these fake "Christians" any more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]South Carolina seems to produce particularly obnoxious politicians. Who does this guy think he is tryint to tell the Obamas what they should put on their Christmas cards??  What a flaming jerk.  This is NOT a theocracy. Of course they would not tie up the floor of Congress with this if there were a Republican President.  It is absolutely ridiculous, and he is a moron to waste ANY time at all on this.  I can't stand these fake "Christians" any more.
    Posted by aynrand3[/QUOTE]
    Rather judgemental coming from a citizen of a state that produces:
    Ted Kennedy
    Kerry
    Dukakis
    Frank

Obama has put us on a path that leads toward (not to) theoracrary

Don't think a republican was afraid of saying Merry Christmas

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is idiotic : Show me an incident where they took Bush's wording on a Holiday card to the floor of congress.  I KNOW that didn't happen.  This is ridiculous.

First you said you "doubt" it happen and now you "know" it didn't??? Which is it? I'm just trying to figure out what you mean. Hard to follow when you say two completely different things.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is idiotic : First you said you "doubt" it happen and now you "know" it didn't??? Which is it? I'm just trying to figure out what you mean. Hard to follow when you say two completely different things.

I said I doubt if anyone criticized his choice of words on a holiday card.  I said I KNOW that nobody made a congressional issue out of it.  I'm coloring within the lines, Mommy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

[QUOTE]South Carolina seems to produce particularly obnoxious politicians. Who does this guy think he is tryint to tell the Obamas what they should put on their Christmas cards??  What a flaming jerk.  This is NOT a theocracy. Of course they would not tie up the floor of Congress with this if there were a Republican President.  It is absolutely ridiculous, and he is a moron to waste ANY time at all on this.  I can't stand these fake "Christians" any more.
    Posted by aynrand3[/QUOTE]

Good point, Ayn.  They want to keep the Christ in Christmas, but take the Christ out of Christianity.  Everything about judgementalism, charity, humility they want to ignore.  But if you don't do all the frills, they want to crucify you. 

I like Christ by the way.  He kept folks from being stoned to death (as the old testament orders), he said "Turn the other cheek."  He said that if you are without sin, cast the first stone.  There are many great "red words" in the Bible and the shopping mall Christians pay no attention to those.  I could go on and on.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

I think this is a great idea please  waste more time on this just as keep them away from passing obamacare and cap and trade and I will be thrilled.

As for the HOLIDAY card please ITS CHRISTMAS this country lost its mind years ago trying to be PC,  I had  1 jewish kid my school he played sports with us, had some of us over for hannaka (sp) and somehow this kid turned out just fine as an adult.  He didnt feel left out he somehow firgured out that yes he was jewish in a very catholic area, he would say marry christmas to us.  Amazing, wearing a green sweatshirt with a xmas tree on it didnt ruin his life, lol.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

[QUOTE]I also think we should go back and re-do the Patriot Act (if not eliminate it).  --------------------- Sorry, but the president and 90% of congress don't.
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

This isn't the first time I've been in the small minority.  I still speak my mind.  If 90% of sheep think something, I don't follow along and go "baaaa".

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is idiotic : Well good for you! It just blows a hole in the whole "Bush did it", scenario. No he didn't and Obama not only voted to reauthorize Patriot, but to EXPAND FISA wiretaps.  That dog don't hunt, ya dig?
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I dig.  It's all of "government" run amok.  I'm going for anarchy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from giraffe-77. Show giraffe-77's posts

We got a little off the subject of making a congressional issue over the wording on the WH Holiday card, but things change.  Where are you on that?  Is "Season's Greetings" such an awful thing to say?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts