This is Why Having Government Run your Healthcare System is a Bad Idea...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

This is Why Having Government Run your Healthcare System is a Bad Idea...

"Free"  now means "low cost", which really menas the rest of us are paying for it.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obamacare-website-quietly-deletes-reference-free-health-care_757348.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: This is Why Having Government Run your Healthcare System is a Bad Idea...

In response to skeeter20's comment:

"Free"  now means "low cost", which really menas the rest of us are paying for it.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obamacare-website-quietly-deletes-reference-free-health-care_757348.html

You mean like how the rest of us are already paying for those who don't have coverage? 

The hospital I work for had $85M in charges for FY12 for 'Free Care' bucket. Newsflash....you and I are paying for that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

You mean like how the rest of us are already paying for those who don't have coverage? 

The hospital I work for had $85M in charges for FY12 for 'Free Care' bucket. Newsflash....you and I are paying for that.

I hear liberals throwing that charge around, but I never get an explanation.

Anyhow, I expect that as of tomorrow we will refuse treatment at emergency rooms and to indigents if they dfon't have health insurance coverage?  That's the plan, right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Anyhow, I expect that as of tomorrow we will refuse treatment at emergency rooms and to indigents if they dfon't have health insurance coverage?  That's the plan, right?

What explanation do you need? That UCC is the acronym for Uncompensated Care which is built into the base rate for premiums that you and I pay a portion of? That UCC is all of the money the hospitals aren't getting paid due to it coming from services rendered to those who have no insurance? That hospitals can't be expected to eat all of it since $85M is not exactly chump change?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

What explanation do you need? That UCC is the acronym for Uncompensated Care which is built into the base rate for premiums that you and I pay a portion of? That UCC is all of the money the hospitals aren't getting paid due to it coming from services rendered to those who have no insurance? That hospitals can't be expected to eat all of it since $85M is not exactly chump change?

[/QUOTE]

And, it is all going to go away, not one dime, as of tomorrow?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If every US citizen is covered then that pool will be minscule. It will be a pittance. Small enough to go under 'bad debt'.

In other words it won't be a real issue like it is today. There won't be a need for UCC charge to your premiums.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

If every US citizen is covered then that pool will be minscule. It will be a pittance. Small enough to go under 'bad debt'.

In other words it won't be a real issue like it is today. There won't be a need for UCC charge to your premiums.

Not one dime!

My insurance premiums drop like a rock tomorrow morning, right?

Oh, wait a minute... they are going up...again...due to Obamacare.

Anyways, what is the penalty for showing up at the hospital without insurance?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not one dime!

Oh, wait a minute... they are goign up...again...due to Obamacare.

[/QUOTE]

Who said anything about premiums dropping like a rock? 

You really don't get how premuims work do you? It's ok to admit. 

You are getting richer benefits so there will be some who see some increases due to benefit increases. But those increases are big. If you're seeing a big increase it could be due to MANY factors: shift in age/sex factor, high claims utilization, shock claims, etc., etc.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Not one dime!

Oh spanky, why do you insist on posting this baullcrappe whithout actually knowing what your talking about?

The law that covers emergency care regardless of ability to pay for it is not going anywhere.

That law, written by Congress and seperate from ACA, still stands. Nothing in the ACA law affects that.

Oh.  Well, I thought Obamacare 3was going to emliminate that.  Wasn't that the main selling point?

Why would I sign up for Obamacare is I can just walk into an emergency room?

Are you beginningto see why goverment should not be invovled at this level in our health care?

Man you liberals are stupid.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Not one dime!

Oh spanky, why do you insist on posting this baullcrappe whithout actually knowing what your talking about?

The law that covers emergency care regardless of ability to pay for it is not going anywhere.

That law, written by Congress and seperate from ACA, still stands. Nothing in the ACA law affects that.

Oh.  Well, I thought Obamacare 3was going to emliminate that.  Wasn't that the main selling point?

To get rid of ER care? Um no...never. Where did you ever get such a ludicrous idea?

Because then OTHERS will be paying for your care. Don't you want to be responsible and not have others pay for your care???

Oh and you do realize you don't have to "sign up for Obamacare" right? You don't have to sign up for an exchange plan. You can stay on what you have....just like I am. 

Are you beginningto see why goverment should not be invovled at this level in our health care?

Man you liberals are stupid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

It's a shame you need one. Under ERISA, hospitals must stabalize patients and therefore must diagnose the problem. That costs time and money. This is a good thing because you don't want to bleed to death because you forgot to carry your insurance card with you.

Some people cannot pay their bills. Hospitals simply raise the amounts they charge insurers to cover the bill.

You buy insurance.

Therefore:

A. Benjamin Franklin

B. You pay for the care people couldn't pay for, which the hospital was required to provide.

C. My cat's breath smells like cat food.

D. 42

Take your pick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Because you will be fined for acting that way.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:

Which is a joke. The fine is way too low. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Which is a joke. The fine is way too low. 

agreed.....especially in the first year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment

And you will be made to pay for the ER unless you really can't afford it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

One thing has nothing to do with the other.  

Local community health centers have been around for years and offer either free in some cases, or very low cost options for some health care services for those who meet certain eligibility requirements.  As for why the admin might update the above webpage, the reason is actually quite simple and has something to do with a current event due to become effective tomorrow.  The rationale being if you want people to take personal responsibility for their health then they get themselves enrolled in a health care program as opposed to relying on community programs, which are severely limited due their modest financial resources.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Skeeter, you seem to hear all kinds of things but never "GET" an explanation.

Lets start with simple things first. Gravity for example. It is not magic nor is it a hoax perpetrated by thousands of scientists who have little to zero contact with each other. The cause - an object with mass affects the physical space around it which results in the tendency for objects to accelerate towards it. THat is why if you throw a ball in the air the mass of the earth causes the ball to decelerate its upward motion and then to accelerate as it comes back down (you and your friends may know this principle as "what goes up must come down"). It is also why it is not recommended to step off a cliff just because you do not like science.

Perhaps you should start asking similar questions - ie asking for explanations - from those talking heads who are making millions off of gullible folk like yourself. Follow the money. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

No problem.

The OP is just one of those many misinformed folks who really doesn't know how the ACA - much less health insurance in general - works in real-life, non-echo chamber situations...

...and not just in anecdotes about single-mom waitresses in diners.