This proves that government has gotten too big and too intrusive

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

This proves that government has gotten too big and too intrusive

I can't wait to hear the liberals defend this:

My USDA rabbit license requirement has taken another ridiculous twist. I just received an 8 page letter from the USDA, telling me that by July 29 I need to have in place a written disaster plan, detailing all the steps I would take to help get my rabbit through a disaster, such as a tornado, fire, flood, etc. They not only want to know how I will protect my rabbit during a disaster, but also what I will do after the disaster, to make sure my rabbit gets cared for properly.  I am not kidding–before the end of July I need to have this written rabbit disaster plan in place, or I am breaking the law.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/29/hare-brained-usda-reportedly-orders-childrens-

magician-to-produce-disaster-plan-for-his-rabbit/comment-page-2/?corder#comments

This is where progressivism Has brought us.  Disaster plans rabbits.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Re: This proves that government has gotten too big and too intrusive

if you hate america so much then move to another country. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Oh...for a minute there I thought Skeeter was raising rabbits.

Seriously though..this is all part of the Animal Welfare Act..which BTW is nothing new. It's been around since 1966. It doesn't just apply to rabbits..it applies to all animals used in this case...as part of an exhibition.

I guess if this is the best example Skeeter can come up with of government over reach...we are probably doing A-okay.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

You wouldn't want it to get stuck in the hat, now would you?

THAT would be a disaster.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Seriously though..this is all part of the Animal Welfare Act..which BTW is nothing new. It's been around since 1966. It doesn't just apply to rabbits..it applies to all animals used in this case...as part of an exhibition.

I guess if this is the best example Skeeter can come up with of government over reach...we are probably doing A-okay.

It's the canary in the coal mine.

Is that archaic expression still legal?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't wait to hear the liberals defend this:

My USDA rabbit license requirement has taken another ridiculous twist. I just received an 8 page letter from the USDA, telling me that by July 29 I need to have in place a written disaster plan, detailing all the steps I would take to help get my rabbit through a disaster, such as a tornado, fire, flood, etc. They not only want to know how I will protect my rabbit during a disaster, but also what I will do after the disaster, to make sure my rabbit gets cared for properly.  I am not kidding–before the end of July I need to have this written rabbit disaster plan in place, or I am breaking the law.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/29/hare-brained-usda-reportedly-orders-childrens-

magician-to-produce-disaster-plan-for-his-rabbit/comment-page-2/?corder#comments

This is where progressivism Has brought us.  Disaster plans rabbits.

It does prove you'll post just about anything. But seriously though, I caught this earlier today and took a litttle time to research it. What did I find? Well, tons of references to the same two paragraphs. I noted that "reportedly" featured prominently in almost every link. I also noted that none of these sources did any sort of followup with the USDA. That might make posting said anecdote problematic. I did actually look into why the USDA might have sent him a letter. You wont like it.

Simply put, it goes like this. Said magician was entitled to a tax wright off for many things, including care and maintenance for his rabbit (I tend to think it was more than one rabbit). So it's not too much to ask to think the USDA might have some questions for him.

So let's go from there.

[/QUOTE]

Or, it's the tip of the spear.

How much of this nonsense is out there?  It just seems to grow and grow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Well, it is hard to beat this example for pointing out the absurdity of the growth of government.  So, I think it is a pretty good example.

And funny. you got to give me that. a government agency with their knickers all in a twist over a magical rabbit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

The magician is subject to the business level regulations that would apply to wholesale animal breeders and sellers, teaching institutions, testing labs, and other commercial enterprises (such as exhibitions related to his magic) that do not include raising the animal for food purposes or sale of the animals as pets directly to a end customer.  As stated above, this law has been on the books since 1966. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

The magician is subject to the business level regulations that would apply to wholesale animal breeders and sellers, teaching institutions, testing labs, and other commercial enterprises (such as exhibitions related to his magic) that do not include raising the animal for food purposes or sale of the animals as pets directly to a end customer.  As stated above, this law has been on the books since 1966. 

So, fix it.  It is an absurd regulation.

That we have people in government being paid to worry about such things ought to bother you more than it apparently does.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]It is an absurd regulation

Because F show animals?

[/QUOTE]

No, F regulations for commmon sense things.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

[QUOTE]

So, fix it.  It is an absurd regulation.

That we have people in government being paid to worry about such things ought to bother you more than it apparently does.

[/QUOTE]

Fix what?  I am not aware of any proof that what he claimed as being true.  And regardless of whether or not he likes the law, if what he says is accurate, it has been there for quite some time and he has had plenty of time to deal with the requirements.  Congress isn't going to change an entire law because some podunk magician can't validate that he has proper plans in place for his one rabbit.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]I am not aware of any proof that what he claimed as being true.

That's the other thing. It reads too much like one of those chain emails that some people are known to post here.

[/QUOTE]

Next thing you'll be claiming is that rabbits are people, too.

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts