Thought I'd hit this from a different angle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Thought I'd hit this from a different angle

For those on BDC that are heterosexual...

When did you choose to be heterosexual? You must’ve sat down and had to think as a young teenager, “Boy, I have a big decision to make. Am I going to be gay or am I going to be straight?” I mean clearly being a heterosexual was based on your choosing right??? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Re: Thought I'd hit this from a different angle

I never choose to heterosexual.  I am hetero because I never had any inkling or inclination to be anything else.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from babytut. Show babytut's posts

biological or psychological, what does it matter?  has either been definitively proven? can it be proven?

i think biological.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

For those on BDC that are heterosexual...

When did you choose to be heterosexual? You must’ve sat down and had to think as a young teenager, “Boy, I have a big decision to make. Am I going to be gay or am I going to be straight?” I mean clearly being a heterosexual was based on your choosing right??? 

Ha! Brilliant! Thank you, good sir! I've always wondered about those who think it's a choice.

Can't take all the credit. Believe it or not I pulled this from a Jesse Ventura interview. It's what I wanted to ask in another thread but Jesse got the wording right so I stole it : )

I think it gets the point across though!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Its not a choice.  Its how you were born.

I can tell you when my orientation was officially validated though....8th grade....when i first had a girl stick her hands down my pants.  Remember it like it was yesterday.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to redmassguy's comment:

I NEVER CHOSE TO BE HETEROSEXUAL.

You might want to be more specific.

He admitted in another thread that dating women was not his thing. So he's either asexual or homosexual. I personally don't care either way

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to WhatNowDoYouWant's comment:

As I said to skeeter: There's nothing wrong with it, but if you think homosexuality is a choice, that probably means you can imagine yourself being able to choose to be sexually attracted to someone of the same sex, which puts you somewhere not on the 'completely straight' end of the scale. If so, you were born that way and only because you were born that way can you imagine it to be a choice for other people. But it's not a choice for people who are only heterosexual or only homosexual. Just like someone attracted in any degree to either didn't make a 'choice'.

*"you" obviously being used in the general anonymous sense.

Skeeter has to believe it's a choice. Otherwise he'd have to accept that people who are born gay were made that way by god. And skeeter can't be having none of that. His god would NEVER make someone gay....nooooooo, no, no, no. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

In response to redmassguy's comment:

I NEVER CHOSE TO BE HETEROSEXUAL.

You might want to be more specific.

He admitted in another thread that dating women was not his thing. So he's either asexual or homosexual. I personally don't care either way

It's possible that he's simply repulsive to the opposite sex due to his personality.

I suppose we can't rule that out....: )

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Since the dinkweed of the forum decided to delete my question I will post it again...and again if I have to.

Not to be a wise azz but,  if someone is born either homosexual or heterosexual...they are either one or the other. If someone is born bi-sexual...they are born heterosexual/homosexual?

I still believe some make a choice, I posted above that I had a friend in HS that made a choice to become a lesbian for the single purpose of pizzing off her parents. I know for a fact this was a choice on her part. I have since heard she married a guy from HS.

I do believe that some are born either heterosexual and some born homosexual...and some make a choice.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Anyone who has raised a child knows that a person's sexual preference is biological. Just like your handedness or the color of your hair it just is.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

There is some choice involved.....I will be attacked for saying this, but it is obviously much more complex than just saying there is zero choice , and being  gay is always 100% genetic.

There is no doubt some or most labelled or self identified as "gay" are strongly predisposed to have attraction to same-sex. Must say the Seinfeld line now  "..not that there is anything wrong with that."

But individuals have some choice in their lives, and we are not automatons. We have free will.

What about the spouse of liberal NY Mayor DeBlasio, saying she was a "former lesbian"? What does that mean? If she had no choice but to be gay , why did she change? Sounds like a lifestyle issue, in which she made voluntary choices..Is she now  betraying her essence?  So, is she still "gay"?

Kind of like if a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound...if a man with the gay "gene" , predisposed to be gay,  never engages in gay sex but marries a woman, was he ever "gay"?

(Snarking me as a closet gay man in 3...2...1..)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to WhatNowDoYouWant's comment:

As I said to skeeter: There's nothing wrong with it, but if you think homosexuality is a choice, that probably means you can imagine yourself being able to choose to be sexually attracted to someone of the same sex, which puts you somewhere not on the 'completely straight' end of the scale. If so, you were born that way and only because you were born that way can you imagine it to be a choice for other people. But it's not a choice for people who are only heterosexual or only homosexual. Just like someone attracted in any degree to either didn't make a 'choice'.

*"you" obviously being used in the general anonymous sense.

"if you think homosexuality is a choice, that probably means you can imagine yourself being able to choose to be sexually attracted to someone of the same sex, which puts you somewhere not on the 'completely straight' end of the scale. If so, you were born that way and only because you were born that way can you imagine it to be a choice for other people."

LOL...amazing circular logic  ....so it is in the genes also, anyone's intellectual belief whether homosexuality is 100% involuntary......such a self aggrandizing vapid conclusion...similar to grade school name calling....

"everyone who doesnt agree with me, is a closet gay..."

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

What about the spouse of liberal NY Mayor DeBlasio, saying she was a "former lesbian"? What does that mean? If she had no choice but to be gay , why did she change? Sounds like a lifestyle issue, in which she made voluntary choices..Is she now  betraying her essence?  So, is she still "gay"?

There's a small subset of people that didn't get enough of the hormones that matter to be strongly one way or another. Those people can be attracted to people of either sex. Typically though, that's not the case and you're born with your preference built in.

Sections
Shortcuts