Thumbs up, or down?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hypertext. Show hypertext's posts

Thumbs up, or down?

I've noticed while reading various articles on BDC that in their comment sections they have a thumbs up/down option. It seems to me that that option is sorely lacking here in the political forums. I think we really need it. I can't think of any reason why it's not available.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: Thumbs up, or down?

Dislike the idea of thumbs up/down...did like the former functionality of showing how many have read the post....keeps us humble, showing how few are reading our crap.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hypertext. Show hypertext's posts

To high-road,

Good job getting your post removed! Seriously. Show some maturity. You actually took the low road, didn't you?

Granted, we might be on the same side, but you lowered the debate with vulgarity. Here I had a perfectly reasonable request.... and the first person to chime in supporting me had to be childish.

Please try to take the High-Road.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hypertext. Show hypertext's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dislike the idea of thumbs up/down...did like the former functionality of showing how many have read the post....keeps us humble, showing how few are reading our crap.

[/QUOTE]

Why of course you dislike it then.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

I'd be for it on one condition.  If you 'thumbs up' your own comment, they your screen name turns a shade of pink for all to see.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I think it's a cool idea. The articles have this feature and have it set so that you can only Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down once. This certainly guards against any potential for abuse. Other forums I participate in have similar features..one lists out the names of who has liked or disliked a post or comment.

I would also like to see the read count restored.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hypertext. Show hypertext's posts

In response to ABRAXAS 1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What would the forum gain from such a feature?

That feature could be abused as well as used.

.. NOT a good idea ..

[/QUOTE]

Well of course you'd say that BeachSpider/-V-/Abraxas..... that's why I think it would be a good idea.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hypertext. Show hypertext's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think it's a cool idea. The articles have this feature and have it set so that you can only Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down once. This certainly guards against any potential for abuse. Other forums I participate in have similar features..one lists out the names of who has liked or disliked a post or comment.

I would also like to see the read count restored.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

[/QUOTE]

Simple idea, isn't it? Curious that there are those who oppose it, isn't it? I'm not afraid to see my posts so judged. Plus it makes the moderators job easier...... it's very democratic. Simple. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForumModeratorMM. Show ForumModeratorMM's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to hypertext's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What would the forum gain from such a feature?

That feature could be abused as well as used.

.. NOT a good idea ..

[/QUOTE]

Well of course you'd say that BeachSpider/-V-/Abraxas..... that's why I think it would be a good idea.

[/QUOTE]

That response doesn't make any sense 'Hypertext' aka 'Jedwarsky' being that you have two (2) currently active accounts while I only have one (1) active account.

[/QUOTE]

Good Morning ABRAXIS -

Jedwardnicky/Hypertext currently has two active accounts because I just recently restored the Jedwardnicky account which appears to have been suspended in error. Much like I recently restored your posting privileges under your -V- account after your short suspension.

So, it seems you both have two active accounts going at the moment. While there is no specific rule against having multiple accounts in this forum, it can be confusing to your fellow posters if you are using both accounts to post in the politics forum. Please keep that in mind.

I expect that this issue of multiple accounts is considered closed. Please move on from it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hypertext. Show hypertext's posts

In response to ForumModeratorMM's comment:

Jedwardnicky/Hypertext currently has two active accounts because I just recently restored the Jedwardnicky account which appears to have been suspended in error. Much like I recently restored your posting privileges under your -V- account after your short suspension.

So, it seems you both have two active accounts going at the moment. While there is no specific rule against having multiple accounts in this forum, it can be confusing to your fellow posters if you are using both accounts to post in the politics forum. Please keep that in mind.

I expect that this issue of multiple accounts is considered closed. Please move on from it.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((-----------------------------------------------------))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I was wondering why my previous account (jedwardnicky) didn't seem to work. I assumed it was because of my former virus laden computer/os. It didn't occur to me that I had been banned... in error or otherwise. I then created my new account "hypertext". Then I restored a new/better computer. I've had no problems since with my new account/computer. So please, by all means, disable my previous account "Jedwardnicky" as I've grown more fond of "Hypertext". Till then, I'll open the "Jedwardnicky" account to the public so as to reveal any activity as a sign of good faith. As to the recent "Jedwardnicky" activity.... it was, I suppose, wrong. It was more a matter of curiosity on my behalf. I do not think it's ok to have multiple accounts. Again, please disable my "Jedwardnicky" account.

Heck, I'll also make my current account (hypertext) open to the public as well..... so few do that.... I've nothing to hide. 

Your recent appearance on these BDC forums is greatly appreciated. We're quite the rabble. You've done well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ForumModeratorMM. Show ForumModeratorMM's posts

[QUOTE]

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((-----------------------------------------------------))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I was wondering why my previous account (jedwardnicky) didn't seem to work. I assumed it was because of my former virus laden computer/os. It didn't occur to me that I had been banned... in error or otherwise. I then created my new account "hypertext". Then I restored a new/better computer. I've had no problems since with my new account/computer. So please, by all means, disable my previous account "Jedwardnicky" as I've grown more fond of "Hypertext". Till then, I'll open the "Jedwardnicky" account to the public so as to reveal any activity as a sign of good faith. As to the recent "Jedwardnicky" activity.... it was, I suppose, wrong. It was more a matter of curiosity on my behalf. I do not think it's ok to have multiple accounts. Again, please disable my "Jedwardnicky" account.

Heck, I'll also make my current account (hypertext) open to the public as well..... so few do that.... I've nothing to hide. 

Your recent appearance on these BDC forums is greatly appreciated. We're quite the rabble. You've done well.

[/QUOTE]

Good Evening Hypertext-

Consider it done. Thank you for your spirit of cooperation in trying to make this forum a better place for all, as well as for the compliment !

Have a great evening all,

MM

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hypertext. Show hypertext's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good Evening Hypertext-

Consider it done. Thank you for your spirit of cooperation in trying to make this forum a better place for all, as well as for the compliment !

Have a great evening all,

MM

[/QUOTE]

Why, thank you! I'm rather impressed that you're working this backwater forum on this of all weekends. I commend you. Tomorrow, however, I expect you to be with loved ones.... possibly at a cook-out. So raise a beer and do not for one moment think of us. Enjoy!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

To high-road,

Good job getting your post removed! Seriously. Show some maturity. You actually took the low road, didn't you?

Granted, we might be on the same side, but you lowered the debate with vulgarity. Here I had a perfectly reasonable request.... and the first person to chime in supporting me had to be childish.

[/QUOTE]

Road rage is worried that his posts will be all thumbs down.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hypertext. Show hypertext's posts

In response to ronreganfan's comment:

[QUOTE]

To high-road,

Road rage is worried that his posts will be all thumbs down.

[/QUOTE]

No, if you saw his original post, he wasn't worried about that. He had agreed that a thumbs up, a thumbs down might be a good idea on these BDC forums... but I can't abide with vulgarity.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Holy prudish!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hypertext. Show hypertext's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Holy prudish!!!

[/QUOTE]

Not so much. I really don't care for the manner in which "High-Road" engages in discourse even though he might be considered a "liberal progressive" as I am. You're evidently confused because I've taken him to task for his juvenile postings here on BDC. I don't really want to be associated with him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Holy prudish!!!

[/QUOTE]

Not so much. I really don't care for the manner in which "High-Road" engages in discourse even though he might be considered a "liberal progressive" as I am. You're evidently confused because I've taken him to task for his juvenile postings here on BDC. I don't really want to be associated with him.

[/QUOTE]

My comment, obviously, has nothing to do with you "taking him to task".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hypertext. Show hypertext's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Holy prudish!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My comment, obviously, has nothing to do with you "taking him to task".

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, could you define "Holy Prudish" and how it pertains to the TOS here on BDC that "High-Road" so evidently violated?