Tim Tebow: GOP Kingmaker?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Tim Tebow: GOP Kingmaker?

Roger Ailes may run the most powerful name in news, Jim Demint may be the defacto Tea Party icon, and Rush Limbaugh may be the most powerful mouthpiece for the GOP but it appears a new, younger, more powerful force may wield a voice and image so important that now the GOP politicos are scarmbling for position to get his endorsement.

His name?

Tim Tebow.

From the MAINSTREAM MEDIA

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/gop-candidates-eye-evangelical-vote-vie-tim-tebow-endorsement-article-1.1004072?localLinksEnabled=false

"Sensing the excitement and loving his message, Tebow is also being courted by Republican presidential candidates. The quarterback recently told The Associated Press he's been asked by more than one of the contenders for his support. He wouldn't name names, but did say he'd declined the offer.

"I think you have to have so much trust in who you support, just from product endorsements to endorsing a candidate because if that person or company does something (bad), it reflects on you," said Tebow, who's a pitchman for Nike, Jockey and FRS energy drink."

This isn't all that surprising, Bachmann made a commercial invoking Tebow's name and Rick Perry likened himself to the young QB as well.  Though I have to admit for a guy still trying to carve out a long term slot in the league and making of plenty of money while doing it, endorsing political candidates (of any stripe) isn't a good play. 

That said I fully expect this to be added to the Book of Tebow and the endless coverage of the kid.  Don't get me wrong, I think he is fascinating and I like watching the Broncos play college ball against pros, win, and then watch the other team sulk and be indiginant.  I would watch the Broncos with Tebow at the controls every week as long as they weren't on at the same time as the Patriots.  But whoa, does he get a lot press given his extremely small body of work in the NFL. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: Tim Tebow: GOP Kingmaker?

Come Sunday, he should have plenty of time on his hands.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zippit. Show zippit's posts

Re: Tim Tebow: GOP Kingmaker?

In Response to Tim Tebow: GOP Kingmaker?:
    [QUOTE]Roger Ailes may run the most powerful name in news, Jim Demint may be the defacto Tea Party icon, and Rush Limbaugh may be the most powerful mouthpiece for the GOP but it appears a new, younger, more powerful force may wield a voice and image so important that now the GOP politicos are scarmbling for position to get his endorsement. His name? Tim Tebow. From the MAINSTREAM MEDIA http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/gop-candidates-eye-evangelical-vote-vie-tim-tebow-endorsement-article-1.1004072?localLinksEnabled=false "Sensing the excitement and loving his message, Tebow is also being courted by Republican presidential candidates. The quarterback recently told The Associated Press he's been asked by more than one of the contenders for his support. He wouldn't name names, but did say he'd declined the offer. "I think you have to have so much trust in who you support, just from product endorsements to endorsing a candidate because if that person or company does something (bad), it reflects on you," said Tebow, who's a pitchman for Nike, Jockey and FRS energy drink." This isn't all that surprising, Bachmann made a commercial invoking Tebow's name and Rick Perry likened himself to the young QB as well.  Though I have to admit for a guy still trying to carve out a long term slot in the league and making of plenty of money while doing it, endorsing political candidates (of any stripe) isn't a good play.  That said I fully expect this to be added to the Book of Tebow and the endless coverage of the kid.  Don't get me wrong, I think he is fascinating and I like watching the Broncos play college ball against pros, win, and then watch the other team sulk and be indiginant.  I would watch the Broncos with Tebow at the controls every week as long as they weren't on at the same time as the Patriots.  But whoa, does he get a lot press given his extremely small body of work in the NFL. 
    Posted by DamainAllen[/QUOTE]

You DO know that there is a game this weekend, Saturday @ 7:30 pm to be exact, Pats vs Broncos, @ Gillette Stadium.

Just tryin' to help you stay current!

:-)

Sections
Shortcuts