TIME FOR BAN ON GAYS OPENLY MARCHING IN SOUTH BOSTON PARADE TO GO!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: TIME FOR BAN ON GAYS OPENLY MARCHING IN SOUTH BOSTON PARADE TO GO!!!

In response to ronreganfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WhatNowDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to andiejen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am sad to see this thread has gotton so mean.

[/QUOTE]

What can I say? I don't tolerate intolerance.

It's one thing for someone to not be up on the science and therefore still be laboring under the delusion that homosexuality is some sort of free choice. But for someone to compare a loving gay couple adopting a child to raise.....with NAMBLA? That's just ugly.

[/QUOTE]

Show us the science.  A link would help.

Somehow, I think that if the science existed, in the current political climate, such news would even trump global warming.

[/QUOTE]

Let me ask you...were you attracted to girls naturally? Or did your parents tell you that you have to be attracted to girls so that's the way you went?

I know a set of twins, one is hetero and the other is gay. Both grew up around the same family and same friends. Yet one is hetero and the other is gay. The one who is gay didn't decide that he'd rather be attracted to men. He just was. From an early age he said he felt that way. He tried to "fight" it so to speak. He went on dates with women here and there during high school and college. But it just simply did nothing for him. He was simply attracted to men. He ended up being honest with himself and came out. The irony is all his friends and family knew he was gay long before he came out. They didn't care either way.

Think of it another way. Why would anyone CHOOSE to be gay? Think of it logically. You risk losing friends and family. You get judged by simply-minded people. You run the risk of getting beaten up by ignorant gay bashers. Not being hired for a job, etc., etc., etc.

Do you honeslty think people want to go through any of that by choice?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to Beach-Spider's comment:
    [/QUOTE]

Also gays cruising the streets looking to 'hook-up' with other gays.

You mean the way heteros do every weekend at every bar/club all over the world???

Civil Union is ok with me but not their wanting to butt into Christian churches in order to

feel like what they do is ok with Jesus/God.

Except they aren't asking if it's ok with Jesus/God. They are asking to be treated like human beings and not third class citizens

[/QUOTE]

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

That's all we had to do to get rid of Beach-Spider? Good to know in the future!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Also gays cruising the streets looking to 'hook-up' with other gays.

You mean the way heteros do every weekend at every bar/club all over the world???

Did I say bars and clubs.

NO .. I DID NOT DID I?

Wow did you miss the point. People looking to hook up happens everywhere. I just used bars/clubs example. But heteros hook up at concerts, parades (man and woman just made the news being caught banging outside behind a dumpster at a St. Pats parade), beer festivals, and on and on and on. Gays aren't the only people looking to 'hook up'.

Civil Union is ok with me but not their wanting to butt into Christian churches in order to

feel like what they do is ok with Jesus/God.

Except they aren't asking if it's ok with Jesus/God.

They are asking to be treated like human beings and not third class citizens

They don't need a Christian church for none of that.

Besides .. the Christian bible condemns their behaviour - not condones it!

Let them start their own church.

Ah...so whatever the fiction book tells you, you apparently are forced to follow. Gotcha

[/QUOTE]

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[/QUOTE]

spidey,

First. I really hate to see so many posters I respect, like, are good people all involved in this exchange that has ramped up to such hurtful things. I know in the heat of the momemt discussion can go out the window and turn into this. I also know one or more of you may later regret some of he things you said. I am not preaching. I know this from rather recent experience. It is far from easy to ramp it down and bring it back to a discussion I know but I hate to have any of you suffer the way I sufferred when I did not. 

spidey, I can agree with you on a lot of what you said but not all of it. I know it is hard when you are being piled on. You feel justified in striking back. This isue is obviously one of your strong button.

As I said before, I am completely comfortable with gay adoption. So many children need a home, a family. Our very best friends are a gay couple of over 20 years. They are a lovely couple. They would have made wonderful parents.

I also believe in same sex marriage which as you know started here in MA. 

I respect your other opinions but I am not easy with the way you expressed them.

Maybe tomorrow when eveyone has calmed down a bit, we all can discuss the issues without the mean spirtedness. Perhaps we can make some progress after we sleep on it.

We should not need this, but with the news of Gregory's passing, it is a reminder that sometimes there is no chance to fix things up with another. I thank the stars I had a wonderful relationship with Greg and nothing to fix up.

[/QUOTE]

I called spidey and idiot, that's what I thought and still think of his comments. Sorry if I offended anyone besides spidey and his idiotic comments.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

spidey,

First. I really hate to see so many posters I respect, like, are good people all involved in this exchange that has ramped up to such hurtful things. I know in the heat of the momemt discussion can go out the window and turn into this. I also know one or more of you may later regret some of he things you said. I am not preaching. I know this from rather recent experience. It is far from easy to ramp it down and bring it back to a discussion I know but I hate to have any of you suffer the way I sufferred when I did not. 

spidey, I can agree with you on a lot of what you said but not all of it. I know it is hard when you are being piled on. You feel justified in striking back. This isue is obviously one of your strong button.

As I said before, I am completely comfortable with gay adoption. So many children need a home, a family. Our very best friends are a gay couple of over 20 years. They are a lovely couple. They would have made wonderful parents.

I respect your other opinions but I am not easy with the way you expressed them.

Maybe tomorrow when eveyone has calmed down a bit, we all can discuss the issues without the mean spirtedness. Perhaps we can make some progress after we sleep on it.

We should not need this, but with the news of Gregory's passing, it is a reminder that sometimes there is no chance to fix things up with another. I thank the stars I had a wonderful relationship with Greg and nothing to fix up.

[/QUOTE]

I called spidey and idiot, that's what I thought and still think of his comments. Sorry if I offended anyone besides spidey and his idiotic comments.

[/QUOTE]

You can call whomever you like an idiot. My issue is with those who name-call but then complain when it's done to them (you don't do this). If you dish it out, you have to be able to take it. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's one thing for someone to not be up on the science and therefore still be laboring under the delusion that homosexuality is some sort of free choice. But for someone to compare a loving gay couple adopting a child to raise.....with NAMBLA? That's just ugly.

[/QUOTE]

Somehow, I think that if the science existed, in the current political climate, such news would even trump global warming.

[/QUOTE]

I posted the sciene a number of times. You ignored it before posts were reported.

[/QUOTE]

Sure.

If it really was settled science, it would be screamed from the mountain tops.  I and not hearing it.

I tend to think that you are trying to validate a choice as a non-choice, i.e. mandated by nature.  Mandates fit nicely in the progressive thought process.

If you were a libertarian, you would simply say:  who cares?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I posted the sciene a number of times. You ignored it before posts were reported.

[/QUOTE]

Sure.

If it really was settled science, it would be screamed from the mountain tops.  I and not hearing it.

I tend to think that you are trying to validate a choice as a non-choice, i.e. mandated by nature.  Mandates fit nicely in the progressive thought process.

[/QUOTE]

Let me ask you...were you attracted to girls naturally? Or did your parents tell you that you have to be attracted to girls so that's the way you went?

I know a set of twins, one is hetero and the other is gay. Both grew up around the same family and same friends. Yet one is hetero and the other is gay. The one who is gay didn't decide that he'd rather be attracted to men. He just was. From an early age he said he felt that way. He tried to "fight" it so to speak. He went on dates with women here and there during high school and college. But it just simply did nothing for him. He was simply attracted to men. He ended up being honest with himself and came out. The irony is all his friends and family knew he was gay long before he came out. They didn't care either way.

Think of it another way. Why would anyone CHOOSE to be gay? Think of it logically. You risk losing friends and family. You get judged by simply-minded people. You run the risk of getting beaten up by ignorant gay bashers. Not being hired for a job, etc., etc., etc.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

spidey,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can call whomever you like an idiot. My issue is with those who name-call but then complain when it's done to them (you don't do this). If you dish it out, you have to be able to take it. 

[/QUOTE]

People can call me what ever they want..... I love dishing it out, and love seeing what gets served back.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

spidey,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

People can call me what ever they want..... I love dishing it out, and love seeing what gets served back.

[/QUOTE]

Same here. Most on BDC can't take it though. Takes the fun out of it : )

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sure.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's not science.  your statement was something to the effect that it was settled science, that's all I'm contesting.  I've been looking, and I'm not finding anything but a bunch of people claiming it "must be" genetic, but no one ever comes up with proof, you included.

As far as the intent of your post:  If you want to be gay, have at it.  No skin off my nose.

As far as the science, here's an interesting point of view:

http://www.islamawareness.net/Homosexuality/bornorbred.pdf

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sure.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's not science.  your statement was something to the effect that it was settled science, that's all I'm contesting.  I've been looking, and I'm not finding anything but a bunch of people claiming it "must be" genetic, but no one ever comes up with proof, you included.

As far as the intent of your post:  If you want to be gay, have at it.  No skin off my nose.

[/QUOTE]

Wait. You posted a link to islamawareness.net? That IS an interesting point of view!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sure.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I never said one word about "settled science". I'm asking you to look at it logically. I'm asking you to use your thinking ability. 

Did you have to be told to be attracted to girls?

Or did you just naturally end up liking girls?

Did you have a homosexual experience to help you decide you like girls?

In regards to what someone goes through when they "come out"....

Do you honestly believe anyone would CHOOSE to go through all that if they didn't have to?

I would appreciate it if you actually answered each of my questions. I will do the same for any questions you have for me.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[/QUOTE]

Please do not jump too hard on me but I want to add to this.

You, for one, love dishing it out, as you say, but not everybody here loves, or even likes to do so. Some of us...maybe a lot of us...do not like to do it at all.

When we end up doing it, some of us feel bad. We not only feel bad about what was aimed at us, we feel worse about what we aimed back. Far worse. Lose sleep worse.

I believe there is room for both types of posters in the forum. Maybe we can all debate with that in mind.

As for spidey, I feel terrible about this thread. He may not show it, but I would not be surprised if he was not feeling quite hurt right now. 

He was piled on by posters who I think all got along fine with him until now. Then they were surprised by these views. Somehow they have never come up before, unlike skeeter's pretty well-known feelings. So many of us have enjoyed his time consuming posts...and told him so...then we get hit with a surprise and it quickly snowballed into a pretty ugly thread.

While I understand how it happened, I think it would have been better to have slowed down, told him we were surprised and kept the door open.

I was hoping that would happen today. Of course it has not. 

I hope spidey does not leave. He is one of us... just like skeeter... where ever he is.

He is not some troll who popped in to stir up trouble. I really hope he stays and we find some way to smooth this out and move on. 

[/QUOTE]

Andie... I don't think many here take this forum quite as personally as you do. When you add a little distance and not think to much into things .... it becomes easier to let things slide.

For example with me.... even though steven11/jackbu is a complete tool and has said very hurtful things to me over the years, I don't lose sleep over it. And let me tell you there were some pretty nasty things said by him when my father was dying of cancer. I sleep easy, and just toss barbs steven11/jackbu's way whenever I find the opportunity to do so. It's my little game I play :)

As for spidey, he put it out there for all to read.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please do not jump too hard on me but I want to add to this.

You, for one, love dishing it out, as you say, but not everybody here loves, or even likes to do so. Some of us...maybe a lot of us...do not like to do it at all.

When we end up doing it, some of us feel bad. We not only feel bad about what was aimed at us, we feel worse about what we aimed back. Far worse. Lose sleep worse.

I believe there is room for both types of posters in the forum. Maybe we can all debate with that in mind.

As for spidey, I feel terrible about this thread. He may not show it, but I would not be surprised if he was not feeling quite hurt right now. 

He was piled on by posters who I think all got along fine with him until now. Then they were surprised by these views. Somehow they have never come up before, unlike skeeter's pretty well-known feelings. So many of us have enjoyed his time consuming posts...and told him so...then we get hit with a surprise and it quickly snowballed into a pretty ugly thread.

While I understand how it happened, I think it would have been better to have slowed down, told him we were surprised and kept the door open.

I was hoping that would happen today. Of course it has not. 

I hope spidey does not leave. He is one of us... just like skeeter... where ever he is.

He is not some troll who popped in to stir up trouble. I really hope he stays and we find some way to smooth this out and move on. 

[/QUOTE]

Andie... I don't think many here take this forum quite as personally as you do. When you add a little distance and not think to much into things .... it becomes easier to let things slide.

For example with me.... even though steven11/jackbu is a complete tool and has said very hurtful things to me over the years, I don't lose sleep over it. And let me tell you there were some pretty nasty things said by him when my father was dying of cancer. I sleep easy, and just toss barbs steven11/jackbu's way whenever I find the opportunity to do so. It's my little game I play :)

As for spidey, he put it out there for all to read.

[/QUOTE]

Same here. The day I actually take personally what some anonymous person says to me/about me is the day I off myself (that last part is not to be taken literally)

The only people I have any concern about what they think of me, say of me, etc. is my family and close friends. 

As I told my wife when we first met...about 95% of things that come out of my mouth should not be taken serious. Once she got that we got along perfectly. Life is way too short to be so serious all the time. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.