Time magazine's Person of the Year: Barack Obama

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Time magazine's Person of the Year: Barack Obama

Makes sense, the President being re-elected and all....

But of course, for liberal-poodle Time, Barack Obama and the Democrats are their heroes every week, never mind every year.

Time now says Obama is "the architect of this new America." Funny, that, because any criticism of Obama's radical policies were met by Time with the idea Obama was just your standard boring moderate Democrat. Nothing to see, here, move along, folks...but now reelected, Time can revel in the fact Obama is trying to make a new America by 'sharing the wealth'. 

Just for laughs, recall 2011 Time's Persons of the Year last year were "protesters". Specifically the defecating disgusting loser radical leftist "Occupy" movement, who were praised to the rafters by Time and NBC... What happened to these "Occupiers", whom Time told us were grassroots average Americans who would change the world? One can still buy the Time book on the subject:

In a new book from TIME, What Is Occupy? Inside the Global Movement, our journalists explore the roots and meaning of the uprising over economic justice

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2101745_2102132_2102373,00.html #ixzz2FWcOiKJt

Answer: They went back to mooch in Dad's basement and play video games.

It is only fair that Time awards Obama, because among the many worthy slobbering candidates in the state run media, the Obama team has duly noted that Time had the "most worshipful cover stories" . No one buys their magazine, but at least low information voters could see the covers on the newstand with halos around the President's head...and the dark photoshopped covers ridiculing conservatives...

Time and Newsweek alleged journalists will get their pat in the head from their government masters, maybe even a cushy lifetime job in the public sector,  like so many others of their ilk.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Time magazine's Person of the Year: Barack Obama

Obama is the person ofthe year.  Ideology aside.  After all, wasn't Hitler Time's person of the year onece?  Ideology doesn't matter, newsworthyness does.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Obama is the person ofthe year.  Ideology aside.  After all, wasn't Hitler Time's person of the year onece?  Ideology doesn't matter, newsworthyness does.

Are you really comparing Obama to Hitler? You should leave the conversation to the grownups.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Are you really comparing Obama to Hitler? You should leave the conversation to the grownups.

No, I'm not.  I'm pointing out that person of the year is based on newsworthiness, not ideology, unlike the Nobel peace prize.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

The MSM's infatuation with what they believe Obama represents never ceases to amaze me.  But then he also won the Nobel Peace Prize before doing anything and it goes on and on; he won the Harvard Law Review Editorship also without doing anything.  He does live a charmed life.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

The MSM's infatuation with what they believe Obama represents never ceases to amaze me.  But then he also won the Nobel Peace Prize before doing anything and it goes on and on; he won the Harvard Law Review Editorship also without doing anything.  He does live a charmed life.

You seem......strangely jealous.....

Well I am, but I'm just a discouraged 50+ white guy who is far from receiving any affirmative action advantage.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

To the wingnutz ..."BUCK UP .....LITTLE BUDDIES !"... your reign of conservative ineptitude is rapidly approaching its end.!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:

Well I am, but I'm just a discouraged 50+ white guy who is far from receiving any affirmative action advantage.

... other than the 50 yrs of preference by virtue of the fact that you're not a minority or a woman.

In my field when I graduated being a minority or women was already a benny.  Women made up 3% of my graduating engineering class, but now its expected that they have 10 to 15% of senior positions in the industry.  Where did the extra 12% of qualified with requisite experienced women come from.  They didn't just materialize the standards on experience have dropped to fill the positions.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

• It is a real laugh, that , given the dozens of worshipful covers of Obama by Time's  poodle media, the Time "2012 Person of the Year" cover isnt seen as worshipful enough for their Messiah...it is criticized by lefty bloggers , considered too "dark"..

Google "Time Romney cover" , they are 100% snark :

"Why Dont they like me?"  "The Wimp Factor" "Sure, he looks like a President" "The Mormon Identity" 

Google "Time Obama cover":

100% slobbering Obama hero worship...

(not to mention Newsweek!)

Images for time cover on obama

- Report imagesThank you for the feedback. Report another imagePlease report the offensive image. CancelDone

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:

In my field when I graduated being a minority or women was already a benny.  Women made up 3% of my graduating engineering class, but now its expected that they have 10 to 15% of senior positions in the industry.  Where did the extra 12% of qualified with requisite experienced women come from.  They didn't just materialize the standards on experience have dropped to fill the positions.

That's a compelling correlation you posted.
    So, in a male-dominated field with no physical requirements, you just don't believe that a woman could just be better at it than a man.

Got it.

Over represented 4-500% I don't think so.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Romney should have been person of the year simply by virtue of the crack campaign he ran...

...given all of his business management acumen and whatnot.

Or Karl Rove for his uncanny ability to make tens of millions of dollars in donations disappear into thin air.

But I am really enjoying all of the kvetching from the republicons here who care so very deeply about the editorial opinion of a magazine they profess to hate and ridicule at every opportunity.

No matter.  TIME's 20 million or so readers won't bat an eye.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Obama would have been my choice....either him or the guy who leads the Baker's Union.

Sections
Shortcuts