Time to Hold the IRS Accountable

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Time to Hold the IRS Accountable

No agency strikes fear in the hearts of Americans more than the IRS. After all..it's their job to hold people accountable. Well, now it's time to hold the IRS accountable. Their actions in essentially harassing conservative political groups crosses a line and should be unacceptable to every American regardless of political belief.

No one should be targeted or harassed by a government agency based on their political stance. To do this is the definition of Un-American and we as Americans should have a zero tolerance policy for this.

In the definition of sad irony, the IRS targeted Tea Party groups...thereby bolstering the Tea Party argument that government is bad. When you engaging in actions that bolster your critics' point of view..it is time to examine your own actions.

It is time for wholesale changes at the IRS. It is long..long past time to seriously reform the tax code. It is time to put some of these hacks out of work.

President Obama should get in front of the camera and promise the American people that there will be a full and swift investigation of the IRS..that the people responsible..and those that were in leadership roles who were responsible are fired immediately and brought up on charges. This should happen today. If Obama does anything less than this then I will be supremely disappointed.

America's view of it's own government is at an all time low. In light of this behavior by the IRS..it is easy to see why....yet again.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Time to Hold the IRS Accountable

I think this is likely to be another coverup-like thing, with low level grunts taking the hit.

However, I find it difficult to beleive that this was not driven from the top, the politicians.  Government employees follow orders, they do not take initiative.

What is even more of an issue is the targeting of jewish groups.  As a conservative in a liberal governing situation, I expect to be challenged and derided, kinda goes with the territory.  Not saying it is right, just that it is expected.  But, to single out from the IRS on a religious basis?  My god, what are we doing?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

So not the point of the thread...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

However, I find it difficult to beleive that this was not driven from the top, the politicians.  

Except from what we know that it wasn't "driven from the top" in spite of what you "beleive" or other silliness.

Any attempt to make more of it is pure desperation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

However, I find it difficult to beleive that this was not driven from the top, the politicians.  

Except from what we know that it wasn't "driven from the top" in spite of what you "beleive" or other silliness.

You know that?  Are you sure?  Don't you smell a rat?

Of course you don't.  Obama is in charge, and he is brilliant and commanding, yet somehow unaware of absolutely anything going on under his command.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

I think this is likely to be another coverup-like thing, with low level grunts taking the hit.

However, I find it difficult to beleive that this was not driven from the top, the politicians.  Government employees follow orders, they do not take initiative.

What is even more of an issue is the targeting of jewish groups.  As a conservative in a liberal governing situation, I expect to be challenged and derided, kinda goes with the territory.  Not saying it is right, just that it is expected.  But, to single out from the IRS on a religious basis?  My god, what are we doing?

Aren't Churches tax exempt because they aren't suppose to be political ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Aren't Churches tax exempt because they aren't suppose to be political ?

You seem to miss the point.  Apparently, it is ONLY Jewish organizations that are being targetted.  At least, that's the report.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Of course you don't.  Obama is in charge, and he is brilliant and commanding, yet somehow unaware of absolutely anything going on under his command.

There is certainly something amiss at an IRS office in Cincinnati, and it should be investigated.  That's about it.

But your (or any) attempt to bring Obama into this- totally unsupported - is craven.  And fantastical.

This despite your visible contempt for all "government workers".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

There is certainly something amiss at an IRS office in Cincinnati, and it should be investigated.  That's about it.

But your (or any) attempt to bring Obama into this- totally unsupported - is craven.  And fantastical.

Right.  Low level government workers making decisions on their own to target conservatives and Jews.

I guess you will beleive absolutely anything.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

All Americans should be treated fairly !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Right.  Low level government workers making decisions on their own to target conservatives and Jews.

It makes a whole lot more sense than some over-arching conspiracy emanating from the WH.

The burden of proof alone kneecaps your theory before it even starts.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

It makes a whole lot more sense than some over-arching conspiracy emanating from the WH.

The burden of proof alone kneecaps your theory before it even starts.

It's that it doesn't make sense that should be grabbing you.  instead you fall in line and don't question a thing eminating from the White house.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Is that the Mattyscorn t(r)oll bridge?

You can measure how the left really falls on an issue by how vociferous the reply.  I'll give the IRS thing about a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10.  Benghazi is a 10.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

It's that it doesn't make sense that should be grabbing you.  instead you fall in line and don't question a thing eminating from the White house.

Oh my...

...so, your retort is that the sheer unlikeliness of it ever occurring as you claim are cause to "beleive" it even more...?!  Really?!?

This is beyond tin foil hat stuff, y'know.  Seriously.  Some of you are salivating so hard for ANY scandal after 5 years... now you're just making s**te up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Is that the Mattyscorn t(r)oll bridge?

You can measure how the left really falls on an issue by how vociferous the reply.  I'll give the IRS thing about a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10.  Benghazi is a 10.

The only thing "vociferous" here is your screaming detachment from reality.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Article 2, section 1 of the Watergate articles of impeachment:

“He has, acting personally and through his subordinates and agents, endeavoured to obtain from the Internal Revenue Service, in violation of the constitutional rights of citizens, confidential information contained in income tax returns for purposed not authorized by law, and to cause, in violation of the constitutional rights of citizens, income tax audits or other income tax investigations to be intitiated or conducted in a discriminatory manner.”

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

And here it comes, the "I" word...

...because if you can't beat 'em, impeach 'em....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Was dumb when the Left brought up the "I" word during Bush admin and just as dumb now in regards to Obama

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Was dumb when the Left brought up the "I" word during Bush admin and just as dumb now in regards to Obama

Agreed.

Which is why I never did so.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Agreed.

Which is why I never said you did.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Let the investigation play out. Demand answers and preventive/corrective solutions s well as accountibility where it is needed.

The left is minimizing the right is going straight for Obama. It will mostly fall somewhere in between.

This along with Benghazi does hurt the party in question and will make it even more difficult to govern.

There were members of congress who brought up the IRS targetting conservatives over a year ago and they were shunned and accused of trying to create strawman issues.

Its a damn shame and the IRS is the enforcement agency for Obamacare!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Agreed.

Which is why I never said you did.

And for that I thank you, retroactively.

25. This post has been removed.