Time to Hold the IRS Accountable

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Time to Hold the IRS Accountable

I don't have a problem with the IRS verifying the validity of any organization applying for tax exempt status. What I have an issue with is that they appear to have singled out organizations based on a perceived political belief. If the IRS can demonstrate they they scrutinized all organizations that appeared political in nature..then I will have no issue. However..they have essentially admitted that this was not the case.

Also..I doubt this was under the direction of the White House..to think this is absurd. However..Obama's response on this needs to be loud and clear. So far..it has been lacking.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

"The individual who was running the IRS at the time was actually an appointee from the previous administration. "

Sounds like a Blame-Bush moment to me.

Of course it does. You want it too. To me it sounds like a logical reason to discount the notion of orders from all the way above. That wouldn't make sense. Because the guy was a Bush appointee.

No, it is not because I want it to. It is because that's what Carney said.

And your thought is that this guy is a rabid conservative, still beholden to Bush, so he would never do what Obama wanted. Yah, that's likely (eye roll)

but, continue with you "who are you going to believe? Me or your lying ears?" Strategy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I don't have a problem with the IRS verifying the validity of any organization applying for tax exempt status. What I have an issue with is that they appear to have singled out organizations based on a perceived political belief. If the IRS can demonstrate they they scrutinized all organizations that appeared political in nature..then I will have no issue. However..they have essentially admitted that this was not the case.

Also..I doubt this was under the direction of the White House..to think this is absurd. However..Obama's response on this needs to be loud and clear. So far..it has been lacking.

I'm with you until your statement that this wasn't under the direction of the White House.  I mean, how likely is it that low level government employees decide to target TEA party groups all on their own? These guys don't pick up pen without a direct order.

the other point, might be, why is the IRS responsible for scrutinizing anyone, outside of tax implications?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

What's the story here?  A group running around carrying "taxes are for suckers" signs are being targeted by the IRS?  

My '84 corolla with the peace sign, "legalize it" bumper sticker, garbage bag for a window,  Bob Marley painted on the hood and Calvin peeing on a cop gets pulled over by the police more often than my wife's 2012 BMW.  Anybody have Darrell Issa's phone number?

Dude, sounds like it is time for you to put down the weed and get a job.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I'm with you until your statement that this wasn't under the direction of the White House.  I mean, how likely is it that low level government employees decide to target TEA party groups all on their own? These guys don't pick up pen without a direct order.

the other point, might be, why is the IRS responsible for scrutinizing anyone, outside of tax implications?

Well..probably because I consider low level employees to also include middle level managers at an agency like the IRS. Mid level managers in government are usually political hacks who got the job because of who they know. They are also usually responsible for the majority of bad decisions. I doubt this came from a level any higher than this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Well..probably because I consider low level employees to also include middle level managers at an agency like the IRS. Mid level managers in government are usually political hacks who got the job because of who they know. They are also usually responsible for the majority of bad decisions. I doubt this came from a level any higher than this.

But, in your statement is the answer:  They are political hacks.  They got thr job through connections. They tend to be beholden to who put them there....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

But, in your statement is the answer:  They are political hacks.  They got thr job through connections. They tend to be beholden to who put them there....

Not necessarily...and generally not as much as you might think. Most of these people are in these jobs for life if possible..so there's no way to know who had the pull so to speak.. Plus...if you mean beholden to Obama..or the office of the President..no way. When I say political hacks..I mean this on the local or state level. You know..someone's brother, sister, cousin, friend is a bigwig in local or state government...knows someone in the IRS office..makes a few calls..etc. This is how this type of thing usually happens.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Not necessarily...and generally not as much as you might think. Most of these people are in these jobs for life if possible..so there's no way to know who had the pull so to speak.. Plus...if you mean beholden to Obama..or the office of the President..no way. When I say political hacks..I mean this on the local or state level. You know..someone's brother, sister, cousin, friend is a bigwig in local or state government...knows someone in the IRS office..makes a few calls..etc. This is how this type of thing usually happens.

Mscricket.  You seem like a nice person. You really don't really beleive that political chicanery is limited to low level employees, do you?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Under IRS law, political organizations cannot be tax-exempt, so all applicants who used the words "Tea Party" or "Patriot" were required to prove in great detail they were a social welfare organization to qualify.

Of course, this is TYRANNY 

Here's the problem:

WASHINGTON -- In February 2010, the Champaign Tea Party in Illinois received approval of its tax-exempt status from the IRS in 90 days, no questions asked.

That was the month before the Internal Revenue Service started singling out Tea Party groups for special treatment. There wouldn't be another Tea Party application approved for 27 months.

In that time, the IRS approved dozens of applications from similar liberal and progressive groups, a USA TODAY review of IRS data shows.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

However, I find it difficult to beleive that this was not driven from the top, the politicians.  

Except from what we know that it wasn't "driven from the top" in spite of what you "beleive" or other silliness.

Any attempt to make more of it is pure desperation.

No, we don't know that, despite what you repeatedly claim.  It keeps just getting bigger and bigger. 

108 visists to the White House by the IRS comissioner in less than two years.  138 complaints on IRS targetting by congressmen in the same timeframe.

And, again, low-level governemnt employeees do not have initiative in their make up.  They do what they are told by their superiors.  The idea that they cooked this up themselves goes against genetics.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

So Carney saying a bush appointee is in charge of the IRS isn't a blame Bush moment?

Thats some strong a55 Kool-Aid man

No.  That's speaking truth to power.

TEA party?  that's NOT speaking truth to power.  That is proto-terrorist activity, similar to serving our country in the armed forces.  Americans invovled in either are under the suspiciion of their government soley on the basis of their experience and their beliefs.

Sound like profiling?  you betcha.

That's the message from the Obama administration, pure and simple. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Mscricket.  You seem like a nice person. You really don't really beleive that political chicanery is limited to low level employees, do you?

No Skeeter..I don't believe that political patronage is limited to low level employees. However, I also don't believe that this is an orchestrated political harrassment manuever orchestrated by President Obama himself.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

So Carney saying a bush appointee is in charge of the IRS isn't a blame Bush moment?

Why would someone suggest a Bush appointee would target conservative groups?

Riddle me that before you bring up kool-aid.

You mean the Bush appointee who apparently is a Democrat?  that Bush appointee?  Hey, how much did he give to the DNC?  I read the number on line somewhere but I can't quite put my finger on it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

He gave a few hundred bucks to the DNC once in his lifetime.

Is he registered and this information is elsewhere?

Not that we need to be shown, but if you think giving some money to the DNC once makes someone likely to be an evil liberal conspiracist, it says a lot more about you than him...  

{   }

Money talks, BS walks.  His money went to the democrats.  He donated to the Kerry Campaign, as did his wife, a registered Democrat.  Thousands of dollars, not one donation from either him or his wife to any Republican.

Yah,  I would say I've busted your "Bush appointee = conservative = can't blame Obama for his own mess" delusion.

You on the other hand, seem overly invested in a it's not a blame bush comment.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Yah,  I would say I've busted your "Bush appointee = conservative = can't blame Obama for his own mess" delusion.

Do you have any proof Obama did it?

You on the other hand, seem overly invested in a it's not a blame bush comment

So you think he was saying it is Bush's fault for appointing someone who once donated a few hundred bucks to the DNC, because clearly, someone who once donated a few hundred bucks to the DNC is going to foresee the existence of the Tea Party and upon its creation, direct oneIRS office to target them?

Really?

That's even dumber than the claim was absent the revelation that the man once donated a few hundred bucks to the DNC.....   

Lordie

Do you have any proof Bush did it?

We can go around in this circle all day long if you want.

Scandal happened on Obama's watch.  He is responsible, but all we hear is how some janitor in Cinncinati was the real culprit.

And, Yah, I would say someone who has NEVER GIVEN A DIME TO A REPUBLICAN, YET HAS GIVEN THOUSANDS TO DEMOCRATS IS BEST TYPIFIED AS A DEMOCRAT SUPPORTER.

I've beaten you with the facts.

your credibility is shot.

Sections
Shortcuts