To big to jail

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: To big to jail

The topic is funny coming from people who opposed dodd-frank and the restrictions it (tried to) place upon the banks and wall st. and seek to roll back any imposition on 'too big to fail' institutions.

They told us that govt should just "get out of the way".  Because nothing like the financial crash could happen again, right...??!

Ms. Warren was correct to call out the AG...as well as the incompetent regulators, as she did last month.

The rest is unsurprising to those who suggest the corps supercede the authority of the govt and not the other way around.

And yes, both parties are beholden....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Stalking do you think that any president has the right to fill his cabinet positions with people of his chosing ?

The president has the right to choose candidates. The Senate has the right of advise and consent. Jack Lew is the type of corporate banker that Warren was railing against just a few days before. In this case she played ball with the presidents team instead of standing up for her alleged ideals. This makes her a hypocrite Sister, plain and simple. She has no intention of standing up for your 99 percent, she only wants you to think that she is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to FortySixAnd2's comment:

Some are...just like some accountants are dirty, some doctors, some lawyers, some contractors, some...well, you get the idea.

What?!?

You mean, the private sector can be corrupt, too..?!

But...but...we were told that ALL corruption stems from govt ("govt can't do anything well") and the private sector can handle everything with integrity ("get govt out of business' way")...!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

Stalking do you think that any president has the right to fill his cabinet positions with people of his chosing ?

The president has the right to choose candidates. The Senate has the right of advise and consent. Jack Lew is the type of corporate banker that Warren was railing against just a few days before. In this case she played ball with the presidents team instead of standing up for her alleged ideals. This makes her a hypocrite Sister, plain and simple. She has no intention of standing up for your 99 percent, she only wants you to think that she is.

Who would you have suggested instead of Lew?

That's quite the leap in logic from a simple confirmation vote to a unproven mortal condemnation....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

The President has the right to pick his Cabinet ...ok we agree on that .. right ?

If we agree on that .... do you think Warren can also agree that Obama has the right to pick his Cabinet as he sees fit ?

Well if she agrees with that logic  .. how does that make her a hypocrite ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

@ StalkingButler lets get back to Holder statement for a second .... is it possible that he was trying to put the pressure on Congress to enact legislation to make banks smaller and easier to prosecute ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Who would you have suggested instead of Lew? That's quite the leap in logic from a simple confirmation vote to a unproven mortal condemnation....

I would have chosen someone that wasn't part of the revolving door system between Wall Street and the Federal government. (i.e. someone who wasn't already part of the problem.)

And this isn't my logic, this was Lizzy's, spoken quite clearly in her Banking Committee questioning. Agree or disagree with her I think that you should be able to expect to see her follow up with actions that match her rhetoric. She didn't and therein lies the hypocrisy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Thank God for Elizabeth Warren

Yea, like she cares. 

You're going to have to explain yourself on that comment.

She Rides the same boat as Obama. If Eric Holder(He takes his orders from Obama) thinks they are to big to jail, why would Lizzy warren be any different?? Lizzy talks a big game but in the end she only does things that are important to the "progressive" Agenda. You need to hold these bankers accountable so its sets an example, that if your gonna be a greedy POS your gonna go to jail for a long time. Not doing that enables these people to keep doing it knowing nothing is gonna happen. You really think Lizzy is gonna make Obama look bad by doing hat he wouldnt??? Not likely.

Do you think she cares what Obama thinks after Obama wouldn't put up even the slightest fight for her to head the CFPB ?

BTW is the reason you don't like her is she doesn't do things that  is important to the "conservative" agenda that got us into this mess we're in now ?

Come on kid ... I thought we could work together and have a bipartisan solution to help the lower 99 %.

Yes i think she cares very  much what obama thinks.. 

The Reason i dont like her is she follows the same Non-partisan lines as obama. I think she's just more of the same. I liked scott Brown Cuz he didnt care what his party thought of what he was doing and he did what he thought was best for the people, not best for the party. Lizzy is the exact opposite.  We should both be able to agree that the mess we have now was created by both parties not just one. 

I like rich people just not greedy ones. :)  That whole 99% war cry is really starting to annoy me.. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Who would you have suggested instead of Lew? That's quite the leap in logic from a simple confirmation vote to a unproven mortal condemnation....

I would have chosen someone that wasn't part of the revolving door system between Wall Street and the Federal government. (i.e. someone who wasn't already part of the problem.)

And this isn't my logic, this was Lizzy's, spoken quite clearly in her Banking Committee questioning. Agree or disagree with her I think that you should be able to expect to see her follow up with actions that match her rhetoric. She didn't and therein lies the hypocrisy.

You mean, like Ben Bernanke...?!  Henry Paulson?  John Snow?!

"Part of the problem" seems rather relative in your mind.

And as far as I can tell, Ms. Warren is the only one with visibility who is criticizing the executive, the legislative, the judicial, AND the private sectors all in equal measure.

Two months in office is a very short time, so the jury, as it were, is still out on what actions she will take.  But based on her extensive knowledge of the financial sector, I choose to remain optimistic.  I think she's a 'reformer' in the classic sense.

One thing is certain: her grasp of the issues at-hand appear to eclipse her predecessor's by a wide margin.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Yea, like she cares. 

She Rides the same boat as Obama. If Eric Holder(He takes his orders from Obama) thinks they are to big to jail, why would Lizzy warren be any different?? Lizzy talks a big game but in the end she only does things that are important to the "progressive" Agenda. You need to hold these bankers accountable so its sets an example, that if your gonna be a greedy POS your gonna go to jail for a long time. Not doing that enables these people to keep doing it knowing nothing is gonna happen. You really think Lizzy is gonna make Obama look bad by doing hat he wouldnt??? Not likely.

Do you think she cares what Obama thinks after Obama wouldn't put up even the slightest fight for her to head the CFPB ?

BTW is the reason you don't like her is she doesn't do things that  is important to the "conservative" agenda that got us into this mess we're in now ?

Come on kid ... I thought we could work together and have a bipartisan solution to help the lower 99 %.

The Reason i dont like her is she follows the same Non-partisan lines as obama. I think she's just more of the same. I liked scott Brown Cuz he didnt care what his party thought of what he was doing and he did what he thought was best for the people, not best for the party. Lizzy is the exact opposite.  We should both be able to agree that the mess we have now was created by both parties not just one. 

I like rich people just not greedy ones. :)  That whole 99% war cry is really starting to annoy me.. 

Brown was a rubber stamp for the GOP ..... he was told to look independent .... but when there was a vote that the GOP needed him for  he ran right back to his masters on Wall St  ... everything about him I hated ... he pretended to be a regular guy but he was phony ..... I don't like him one bit ... I didn't vote for Bill Weld, Bush 41 or Bob Dole but I liked them .... I had alot of respect for Bob Dole  ... but a person like Brown .... no ------- way

What I will say about who or what has created this mess ... it's the oligarchy that rules the whole make believe free world ... the game is rigged against people like you and me ..... I just think that the Democrats are a little more fairer and kinder to us.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Yea, like she cares. 

Brown was a rubber stamp for the GOP ..... he was told to look independent .... but when there was a vote that the GOP needed him for  he ran right back to his masters on Wall St  ... everything about him I hated ... he pretended to be a regular guy but he was phony ..... I don't like him one bit ... I didn't vote for Bill Weld, Bush 41 or Bob Dole but I liked them .... I had alot of respect for Bob Dole  ... but a person like Brown .... no ------- way

What I will say about who or what has created this mess ... it's the oligarchy that rules the whole make believe free world ... the game is rigged against people like you and me ..... I just think that the Democrats are a little more fairer and kinder to us.

There is no "Fair" in todays world sledge i would think you would know that.. Life is a game that you have to play even if you break the rules from time to time like crooks in washington do. I just dont get why you think One party is better than the other. They both suck. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Yea, like she cares. 

There is no "Fair" in todays world sledge i would think you would know that.. Life is a game that you have to play even if you break the rules from time to time like crooks in washington do. I just dont get why you think One party is better than the other. They both suck. 

I would like to believe that there is fairness and kindness in the world .... I guess I look just as foolish as the 3 Stooges did when they had to go to jail to find an honest man.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Yea, like she cares. 

I would like to believe that there is fairness and kindness in the world .... I guess I look just as foolish as the 3 Stooges did when they had to go to jail to find an honest man.

You ever remember when you where a kid and you might have asked your parents for something and they wouldnt get it for you??? Most of the time you'd be like " But mom that isnt fair" and almost 100% of the time she would say " well honey life isnt fair". Truer words have never been spoken. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

Yea, like she cares. 

A patently stupid assessment. In fact, it absolutely voids any further political/ social opinions that you might post in the future.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

Yea, like she cares. 

A patently stupid assessment. In fact, it absolutely voids any further political/ social opinions that you might post in the future.

Do you ever have anything nice to say dickwad?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

The topic is funny coming from people who opposed dodd-frank and the restrictions it (tried to) place upon the banks and wall st. and seek to roll back any imposition on 'too big to fail' institutions.

They told us that govt should just "get out of the way".  Because nothing like the financial crash could happen again, right...??!

Ms. Warren was correct to call out the AG...as well as the incompetent regulators, as she did last month.

The rest is unsurprising to those who suggest the corps supercede the authority of the govt and not the other way around.

And yes, both parties are beholden....

It could not be more clear that the housing crash happened because of government overregulation and crony capitalism, not a lack of regulations.

There was (and is) no private sector in the mortgage markets, it was government controlled. No private sector banker would give out loans to bad risks...it only happened because the government pressured the banks to give out the toxic loans.

Your leftist Government worshipping ideology blinds you to the reality. The marriage of Big Government and the Big Banks occurred, and the result was predictable....

Break up the Big Banks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

Yea, like she cares. 

You ever remember when you where a kid and you might have asked your parents for something and they wouldnt get it for you??? Most of the time you'd be like " But mom that isnt fair" and almost 100% of the time she would say " well honey life isnt fair". Truer words have never been spoken. 

Nope, I don't remember anything of the sort. My mother was the truthful sort. If I EVER claimed something wasn't fair, she'd tell me why it was fair. Usually along the lines of "we can't afford it" or "you're too young", which was true at the time. And if I EVER, EVER persisted, I'd soon learn to regret it. And that was fair.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

The original wall street reform bill addressed too big to fail - it had 57 yeas and 41 nays.  Which of course means it was blocked, because the Republicans are all about respecting the constitution.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedwardnicky. Show jedwardnicky's posts

Yea, like she cares. 

"Do you ever have anything nice to say dickwad?"

Why yes, I do! Considering the above statement, by you, I envy your ability to live outside the realm of logic and reason. It must be so nice! I wish I was an idiot like you. Things would be so much simpler.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Yea, like she cares. 

"Do you ever have anything nice to say dickwad?"

Why yes, I do! Considering the above statement, by you, I envy your ability to live outside the realm of logic and reason. It must be so nice! I wish I was an idiot like you. Things would be so much simpler.

Yup, IM the idiot.. OK

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

@ StalkingButler lets get back to Holder statement for a second .... is it possible that he was trying to put the pressure on Congress to enact legislation to make banks smaller and easier to prosecute ?

No, it was a response to being asked why he hasn't done what he said he would.  The answer is now, he won't.

Hasn't it been crystal clear for years we live in a corporate autocracy who controls the nation's money, our lawmakers and law enforcement .

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Me supporting Holder is the wrong word to use ..... I understand what he was saying ..... indict a large bank and investors will lose confidence in that bank .. remove their money.... as in the case of the accounting firm of Arthur Anderson when they were indicted in their role with Enron ... 100,000 people lost their jobs ... 100,000 people is about the size of city of Lowell.... we can't go around laying off a whole city can we ... doesn't look good and too many others pay for it

As for fixing the too big to fail banks .. there is a middle way to help solve the problem  the banking regulators can do it but they won't and the DOJ has to go after more indiviuals instead of the corporations .