Today is Primary Day in Massachusetts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Today is Primary Day in Massachusetts

This one got away from me. I guess this is a testament to just how busy life has been lately. I completely missed the deadline to register to vote in my new town. I suppose I could have driven back to my old town where I am still on the voter list...but really it's kind of a drive..and there really isn't a candidate in this senate race that I feel passionately enough about to take the 40 minute drive.

Is anyone else as disinterested in this State Senate race as I am? I normally love this stuff..but this is not an exciting race..at all. I am sure this has a lot to do with the recent marathon bombings. There has barely been any news coverage of the primary. In fact in the 30 minutes of local news I watched this morning it wasn't mentioned once.

Is it just me..?

Edit: ...and by "Today"..I really mean Tomorrow!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: Today is Primary Day in Massachusetts

I'm burnt out with all politicians but I will do my civic duty and vote for who I think is the best person for the other 99 % ! All politicians are ruled by one master and one master only ... MONEY !

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

I'm burnt out with all politicians but I will do my civic duty and vote for who I think is the best person for the other 99 % ! All politicians are ruled by one master and one master only ... MONEY !

That is really what it seems like lately.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

Nope, not just you.

We had our town elections on Saturday, that I did go out and vote for.

The Senate primary, I wasn't committed to anyone in particular... guess I'll just wait and see who to pick out of the Republican and Demcratic candidates. I'll end up going with the lesser of two evils. That is generally how I feel these days with politics altogether.

I agree. I think many people have election burnout..lol. I suppose this is especially true with MA Senate races.  This one almost seems anti-climactic  after the protracted and bitter Senate race between Brown and Warren.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

This one got away from me. I guess this is a testament to just how busy life has been lately. I completely missed the deadline to register to vote in my new town. I suppose I could have driven back to my old town where I am still on the voter list...but really it's kind of a drive..and there really isn't a candidate in this senate race that I feel passionately enough about to take the 40 minute drive.

Is anyone else as disinterested in this State Senate race as I am? I normally love this stuff..but this is not an exciting race..at all. I am sure this has a lot to do with the recent marathon bombings. There has barely been any news coverage of the primary. In fact in the 30 minutes of local news I watched this morning it wasn't mentioned once.

Is it just me..?

Edit: ...and by "Today"..I really mean Tomorrow!!!

After the people in this state electing a proven liar, I don't hold out much hope.

Prediction:  Markey, who hasn't lived in this state for 30 years, and who's last private sector job was driving an ice cream truck, will win.