Tom Ridge to endorse Huntsman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Huntsman traction..............?

streitfeld head shot

Manchester, New Hampshire (CNN) – Former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge will endorse Republican presidential candidate Jon Huntsman at St. Anselm College in New Hampshire Friday.

Ridge served as governor of Pennsylvania and was the first person to head the Department of Homeland Security. He chose to endorse Huntsman because of the presidential hopeful’s experience internationally and in the public and private sectors, according to a campaign source.

Huntsman, who most recently served as ambassador to China, is a former Utah governor and has worked for his family’s company, a large chemical corporation. Ridge believes that combination of experience has prepared the GOP contender to offer serious solutions for the nation’s problems, the source said. 

Ridge will announce his endorsement at a press conference with Huntsman at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics. The former Pennsylvania governor supported Sen. John McCain in the 2008 presidential cycle.

The endorsement was first reported in the New Hampshire Union Leader.

Since announcing his candidacy in late June, Huntsman has struggled to gain traction in national polls. He has set his sights on winning New Hampshire’s first-in-the-nation primary, and has spent much of September campaigning in the state.

He announced his jobs plan in Hudson, New Hampshire Aug. 31.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: Tom Ridge to endorse Huntsman

Howie...have you seen Christie lately? 

Does this guy look like he would have ANY shot of becoming president?   

Chris-Christie-Released-Hospital.JPG

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Ridge to endorse Huntsman:
    In Response to Re: Tom Ridge to endorse Huntsman :  We don't want to date him!  Posted by howiewho

Howie, funny and good answer!!
    Christie has been a phenomenal Governor.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sof7squash. Show sof7squash's posts

How does he compare to Taft on the scales?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

How does he compare to Taft on the scales?
    Posted by sof7squash

Taft would make Christy look slim and trim.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sof7squash. Show sof7squash's posts

We wouldn't have to worry (any more) about having a Pres who could get his a55 kicked by Snookie

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Huntsman is the only candidate on the right as yet who can match Obama issue-for-issue...

...if he even makes it that far.

Some folks in NH could be very kind to him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Huntsman is the only candidate on the right as yet who can match Obama issue-for-issue... ...if he even makes it that far. Some folks in NH could be very kind to him.
    Posted by MattyScornD

It is Friday, but you shouldnt imbibe too much of the moonbat koolaid before 5 PM...
    "Match Obama issue for issue"?  What is this, February 2009?

'Course, liberal love is fleeting; if Huntsman gets traction in the race,  a quick "he shockingly sold out his beliefs to the Tea Party" will suffice to drop him like a stone.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Huntsman is the only candidate on the right as yet who can match Obama issue-for-issue...

Obama issue #1: How do I look?
    Obama issue #2: I went to Harvard you know.
    Obama issue #3: Well, enough about me, what do you think about me?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

I saw this but I doubt it is going to be a big factor.

Tom Ridge is not respected by the gop since his book revealed that Bush intentionally raised the terror level, to gain votes during his second election.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I don't think an endorsement by Tom Ridge helps Huntsman in any meaningful way..now..and endorsement by Christie..? That would be a diffferent story.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Ridge who? Huntsman what? See Ya.
    Posted by airborne-rgr

I concur.

Neither one is up to the task of winning an election against an unaccomplished, failed Obama.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Ridge to endorse Huntsman :  I have hope for Christy, heard a rumor, that if Perry stays up in the Polls he will run (draft) />draftchristy.org. He might stay out if Romney gets up in the polls. believes IND and some DEm's would vote for Romney.
    Posted by howiewho

This makes sense..I think Christie is right in his assessment..so likely we won't see Christie in the race since I believe that Romney will edge him out in the primary. Romney is a better candidate this time around..he is sticking with a platform and not trying to please every group he speaks to. This was the major issue he had in the last campaign..( which earned him the nickname Multiple Mitt). I think the only candidate in the republican field today who can beat Obama is Mitt. Huntsman..possibly..but he will never make it past the primary. If Mitt wins the nomination , the Tea Party will jump on board..if for no other reason than to get a Pub in office...some Dems will vote for Romney..and he will get a big chunk of the independent vote.
    Now..imagine a Romney/Christie ticket..?? Hmmmm...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I would vote for a Romney/Christy ticket in a heartbeat.
    Christy/Rubio..? Possibly..Christy for sure..but I would have to think long and hard about the Rubio side of that equation.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

The Governor of New Jersey is Chris "Christie", not Christy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

The Governor of New Jersey is Chris "Christie", not Christy.
    Posted by BobinVa

Thank you..duly noted and corrections made where possible.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

Howie...have you seen Christie lately?  Does this guy look like he would have ANY shot of becoming president?   
    Posted by UserName99

President of weight watchers .

Seriously his health has to be considered if he would run . I don't care if he is liked or not that there is a heart attack waiting to happen. He's one cheese burger away from the dirt nap.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

In Response to Re: Tom Ridge to endorse Huntsman : Rubio is very intelligent, but young. He was speaking on the senate floor on foreign policy, when Kerry went after him. He was very gentlemanly like but mopped the floor with Kerry looking stupid.  
    Posted by howiewho

LMLAO

Sections
Shortcuts