Too bad Paula Deen isn't a Hollywood progressive like Alec Baldwin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Re: Too bad Paula Deen isn't a Hollywood progressive like Alec Baldwin

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

Perhaps you might think about why NBC does nothing about Baldwin? It isn't like he doesn't have a history of this sort of thing either. Yeah, sure they can do what they want. That isn't the point. The question is why does NBC do nothing about him? Could it be because he makes a lot of money for them or is it because he is a flaming librul or both? Paula Dean presumably made some money for the Food Network too so why are their standards apparently different?

This is about the hypocrisy you types engage in. 

Baldwin is not employed by NBC. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

There are lots of examples of people who have made comebacks. But you have to give it some time. She is not living paycheck to paycheck so she is not going to starve in the meantime. 

Martha Stewart is a good example.

However, I'd take a thousand Martha Stewarts over one Paula Deen any day.    Perhaps you saw Stewart speak on behalf of Deen a few days ago.   She didn't necessarily defend Deen, but said she could sympathize; when you are in the public eye, you have to choose your words carefully was all she said, in general.  

I never heard of Paula Deen until she came forward to admit she had Type 2 diabetes, the truth of which is that she promoted and influenced people to cook an unhealthy diet that was hazardous and enabled obestity, which of course, enables Type 2 diabetes.   She also lied about having diabetes for over 2 years, continuing to promote the diet that put her in ill health.  

Why didn't she come forward right away re: her diagnosis?   Because she is nothing more than a garden variety greed-oriented business person who did not want to ruin her own empire.  Very transparent.  

Not only did she wait to come forward, she jumped on the bandwagon to MAKE MONEY off of her Type 2 diabetes by becoming a spokesperson for Novo Nordisk.   I know, they offered her the deal, so why should she refuse the chance to make even more $$ in this ironic twist of fate?

So honestly, it looks like her "sponsors" were waiting for an excuse to get rid of her.   She handed them an excuse, they grabbed it.   There has to be more here than meets the eye.    Maybe her days were numbered for other reasons.   She's no Julia Child.  =)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

[QUOTE]

There are lots of examples of people who have made comebacks. But you have to give it some time. She is not living paycheck to paycheck so she is not going to starve in the meantime. 

Martha Stewart is a good example.

However, I'd take a thousand Martha Stewarts over one Paula Deen any day.    Perhaps you saw Stewart speak on behalf of Deen a few days ago.   She didn't necessarily defend Deen, but said she could sympathize; when you are in the public eye, you have to choose your words carefully was all she said, in general.  

I never heard of Paula Deen until she came forward to admit she had Type 2 diabetes, the truth of which is that she promoted and influenced people to cook an unhealthy diet that was hazardous and enabled obestity, which of course, enables Type 2 diabetes.   She also lied about having diabetes for over 2 years, continuing to promote the diet that put her in ill health.  

Why didn't she come forward right away re: her diagnosis?   Because she is nothing more than a garden variety greed-oriented business person who did not want to ruin her own empire.  Very transparent.  

Not only did she wait to come forward, she jumped on the bandwagon to MAKE MONEY off of her Type 2 diabetes by becoming a spokesperson for Novo Nordisk.   I know, they offered her the deal, so why should she refuse the chance to make even more $$ in this ironic twist of fate?

So honestly, it looks like her "sponsors" were waiting for an excuse to get rid of her.   She handed them an excuse, they grabbed it.   There has to be more here than meets the eye.    Maybe her days were numbered for other reasons.   She's no Julia Child.  =)

[/QUOTE]

I agree - the sponsors may have been just waiting for an opportunity to dump Deen.  These arrangements usually have some sort of morality cause - they probably could not get out of the contract due to her being a fraud, but were able to do so in light of the racist comments.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

Progressives and MSM love to make an example and excoriate people like Deen.  You know southern conservative traditional people who sometimes fall back to the language of their parents at times of tension and frustration, like when a black man points a gun at your head during a robbery.  On the other hand funny people who make a living making fun of traditional people who sometimes fall back on their own deep biases get a pass, well because we (MSM) like them.

Baldwin has a history of angry rants, bashing his own daughter, aggressively going after the papparazzi (well somewhat justified) and now he trashes a tabloid reporter with homophibic rants for outing his wife for tweetng during Gandolfini's funeral.

Deen a nice southern women hawking her southern cooking gets pummeled for an admitted N bomb  back in the eighties when describing he rbeing robbed with a gun being pointed at her by a blackman, who by the way is upset with what's happened to Deen.

I know which one I'd rather see move to Canada; he threatened to before so let's encourage him now.

...the man who really counts in the world is the doer,...  TR 1891

"Deen a nice southern woman" et.

Paula Deen incarnates the whole "steel magnolia" archetype, with razor-sharp toughness beneath the flutter and the filigree.

"I is what I is" she said in her weepy exculpation on the "Today" show.

And that is fine. Go ahead, be what you be. Just DO NOT try to make everyone else responsible.

Like I thought you'd ignore Baldwin's transgressions but hold Deen to some higher standard, due to your personal biases.  Just calling a pointed shovel a pointed shovel.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

[QUOTE]

This has nothing at all to do with government.

Which is why no one in this thread has said as much.

46&2,

Look up at the post by skeeter and the reply by miscricket.

skeeter refers to Obama and "the Democrats" largely getting a pass etc.

So, if miscricket and myself misunderstood skeeter, I should think he would point out we have had a failure to communicate.

skeeter and I have resolved failures to communicate very recently, very amicably. No reason he would not do so now if that was the case.

[/QUOTE]

I saw his post. He was pointing out a different example of someone getting a pass. He wasn't saying this issue has anything to do with government.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

if aaron hernandez was a progressive and a regular on msnbc he'd be getting a pass too..

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

I knew she was a fraud when i watched her cook lobsters with the rubber bands still on the claws...no serious cook flavors their food with rubber.....

i prefer paula deen over alec the hypocrite baldwin anyday..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

"No hated libruls started a thread saying "Paula Dean goes down! WOOOOOHOOOOO!"

But they do have a facebook page ! https://www.facebook.com/WeDoNotSupportPaulaDeen

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"the truth of which is that [Paula Deen] promoted and influenced people to cook an unhealthy diet that was hazardous and enabled obestity, which of course, enables Type 2 diabetes."

"found her recipes to be gluttonous, unimaginative, and one step removed from junk food.  I am hardly surprised by similar revelations about her character."

Nanny State alert: Paula Deen committed a "foodcrime" of selling recipes for fried foods. 

Mayor Bloomberg has a warrant out for her arrest. Her cellmate may be Ronald McDonald , currently serving 5 to 10 years upstate for fatty food marketing....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

They're both pretty useless to me...

...human embodiments of 'empty calories'.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

"it is downright dangerous to her fan base."

Those fans ulitimately have a say in how they eat, therefore Deen is not responsible for how these people eat. If they CHOOS to eat fried and sugar ladened foods then that's on them...not Deen. 

And so what if Deen hid her diabetes. Her condition is HER business and no one elses. Whether she chooses to keep her condition private or share it is her choice and no one elses.

I love how people think "celebrities" are obligated to share every aspect of their life. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Those fans ulitimately have a say in how they eat, therefore Deen is not responsible for how these people eat. If they CHOOS to eat fried and sugar ladened foods then that's on them...not Deen. 

And so what if Deen hid her diabetes. Her condition is HER business and no one elses. Whether she chooses to keep her condition private or share it is her choice and no one elses.

I love how people think "celebrities" are obligated to share every aspect of their life. 

I have to agree with these sentiments.

Her sponsor/partners would also appear to agree...and choose not to have their brands associated with her any longer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

[QUOTE]

I have to agree with these sentiments.

Her sponsor/partners would also appear to agree...and choose not to have their brands associated with her any longer.

[/QUOTE]

Life's all about choices. We all get to make them and OWN them. It's no one else's fault she used that word. She only has herself to blame. She chose to use it. And now people are choosing either to stand by her or drop her. Again, their own choice.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

bunch of thin skinned, ubber sensitive pansies in this world; and those that prey on this mentality to hurt others!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Like I thought you'd ignore Baldwin's transgressions but hold Deen to some higher standard, due to your personal biases.  Just calling a pointed shovel a pointed shovel.

Why is it anyone's job to express outrage over Baldwin's ridiculous twitter outburst? All it proves is my contention that some people ( Baldwin) should not use social media. Besides...it seems to me that most of us in this politics forum don't have a particular interest in Baldwin's latest rant. After all...one would need to have..literally..no life if they were to express outrage at Baldwin's every transgression. There are too many to count..and Baldwin has become largely irrelevent. In other words..no one cares about Baldwin's opinion.

What you seem to be missing in your blind ..faux indignation on behalf of Paula Deen is that most people on this thread..regardless of political leaning...agree that there was an over-reaction on behalf of the businesses that dropped her.

So..the bigger question is why are you getting so angry with Andiejen..et al...and not the businesses that cut ties with her?