Too bad Paula Deen isn't a Hollywood progressive like Alec Baldwin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Too bad Paula Deen isn't a Hollywood progressive like Alec Baldwin

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

[QUOTE]

"No hated libruls started a thread saying "Paula Dean goes down! WOOOOOHOOOOO!"

But they do have a facebook page ! https://www.facebook.com/WeDoNotSupportPaulaDeen

[/QUOTE]

You must be joking. Did you even look at this page before you posted it? It has all of 56 like....56! On any given day I can post a picture on my personal FB page and garner at least 100 likes...and you are having fits over a FB page which has 56 likes? As if those 56 people across the world are representative of liberals everywhere? Heck..that wouldn't even represent the number of liberals in my neighborhood.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

In response to andiejen's comment:

Like I thought you'd ignore Baldwin's transgressions but hold Deen to some higher standard, due to your personal biases.  Just calling a pointed shovel a pointed shovel.

Why is it anyone's job to express outrage over Baldwin's ridiculous twitter outburst? All it proves is my contention that some people ( Baldwin) should not use social media. Besides...it seems to me that most of us in this politics forum don't have a particular interest in Baldwin's latest rant. After all...one would need to have..literally..no life if they were to express outrage at Baldwin's every transgression. There are too many to count..and Baldwin has become largely irrelevent. In other words..no one cares about Baldwin's opinion.

What you seem to be missing in your blind ..faux indignation on behalf of Paula Deen is that most people on this thread..regardless of political leaning...agree that there was an over-reaction on behalf of the businesses that dropped her.

So..the bigger question is why are you getting so angry with Andiejen..et al...and not the businesses that cut ties with her?

cricket,

Thanks. Just simply thanks for a great post.

andie

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

Wow....guess someone (gee, I wonder) didn't take kindly to my honesty. Or just has nothing better to do than report my post.

In a nutshell....

Paula Deen....it was over 20 years ago, get over it anyone that had a problem with this.

Alec Baldwin....keep b*tching about him, it only makes him more popular.

Boycotts....not my thing. I don't put much stock into celebraties that go on a rant. It won't stop me from buying my Applegate Cleaner Weiners.

MO,

Good post. See the other two women regulars of the forums are weighing in quite nicely, as well as a welcome visit from yogafriend. 

Too bad somebody who did not like you POV reported your post. That is not what it is there for.

andie

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

Too bad most "progressives" or "liberals" don't really care about either of them. I find it funny how "political correctness" is something that only conservatives cling to now.

jed,

You are the 1st poster I belive to point out that it is now the conservatives clinging to political correctness.  Quite tronic. How we have been mocked in the past for the same thing by them.

I also find it ironic it that the leader of the charge in defending Deen aims his vitriol at us instead of the corporate sponsors who severed their ties with her. This, a poster who is in support of capitalism. Well welcome to capitalism in work via Deen.

Progressives know if you really care that much about the suppossed mistreatment of another human being, you go right to the source. You start a grassroots campaign to make the comanies rethink their position. It is not reinventing the wheel. It is just taking a lesson from us. 

That takes effort. More effort than post after post on an anonymous forum. 

Between these posts and some on the VRA decision it occurred to me we do not have a left and right thing like some would like to paint it, but a North and South thing...our own mini Civil War. 

This much time and energy spent on the state of Deen's career is pretty flipping ridiculous. The woman's chickens came home to roost. Image is a huge part of celebrity. Now deal with it like the big girl you are....and your fan base as well. 

And notice, we progressives did not go off on every conservative celebrity and their transgressions. That would be a long long list. Could eat up the rest of the summer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Too bad most "progressives" or "liberals" don't really care about either of them. I find it funny how "political correctness" is something that only conservatives cling to now.

You're kidding right? Wow....talk about clueless.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"No hated libruls started a thread saying "Paula Dean goes down! WOOOOOHOOOOO!"

But they do have a facebook page ! https://www.facebook.com/WeDoNotSupportPaulaDeen

[/QUOTE]

You must be joking. Did you even look at this page before you posted it? It has all of 56 like....56! On any given day I can post a picture on my personal FB page and garner at least 100 likes...and you are having fits over a FB page which has 56 likes? As if those 56 people across the world are representative of liberals everywhere? Heck..that wouldn't even represent the number of liberals in my neighborhood.

[/QUOTE]

56 people?  That's almost as many people as those who saw and were "offended" by the Bengazi video.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

jed,

You are the 1st poster I belive to point out that it is now the conservatives clinging to political correctness.  Quite tronic. How we have been mocked in the past for the same thing by them.

I also find it ironic it that the leader of the charge in defending Deen aims his vitriol at us instead of the corporate sponsors who severed their ties with her. This, a poster who is in support of capitalism. Well welcome to capitalism in work via Deen.

Progressives know if you really care that much about the suppossed mistreatment of another human being, you go right to the source. You start a grassroots campaign to make the comanies rethink their position. It is not reinventing the wheel. It is just taking a lesson from us. 

Between these posts and some on the VRA decision it occurred to me we do not have a left and right thing like some would like to paint it, but a North and South thing...our own mini Civil War. 

This much time and energy spent on the state of Deen's career is pretty flipping ridiculous. The woman's chickens came home to roost. Image is a huge part of celebrity. Now deal with it like the big girl you are....and your fan base as well. 

And notice, we progressives did not go off on every conservative celebrity and their transgressions. That would be a long long list. Could eat up the rest of the summer.

[/QUOTE]

You do know that Deen is a big time liberal Democrat and Obama supporter, don't you?

"Television chef Paula Deen, who lost her gig Friday with the Food Network after admitting and apologizing for having used racial epithets, including the “N-word,” is a supporter of President Barack Obama and campaigned on his behalf in 2008.

The Southern-bred television personality also invited Michelle Obama onto one of her television programs and praised the first lady’s healthy eating agenda.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/21/n-word-user-paula-deen-is-an-obama-supporter/#ixzz2XtA8Nkkf

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

jed,

[/QUOTE]

You do know that Deen is a big time liberal Democrat and Obama supporter, don't you?

"Television chef Paula Deen, who lost her gig Friday with the Food Network after admitting and apologizing for having used racial epithets, including the “N-word,” is a supporter of President Barack Obama and campaigned on his behalf in 2008.

The Southern-bred television personality also invited Michelle Obama onto one of her television programs and praised the first lady’s healthy eating agenda.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/21/n-word-user-paula-deen-is-an-obama-supporter/#ixzz2XtA8Nkkf

[/QUOTE]

Skeeter..is this true..??? If yes..then I guess that makes CLC's  OP..and all the subsequent faux outrage by self proclaimed conservatives seem rather ridiculous.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

jed,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Skeeter..is this true..??? If yes..then I guess that makes CLC's  OP..and all the subsequent faux outrage by self proclaimed conservatives seem rather ridiculous.

[/QUOTE]

miscricket,

Exactly on Paula Deen.

And Alec Baldwin has had a foundation for breast cancer for years. 

This is not because as a celebrity he might feel he "needs" a charity. His mother fought and beat breast cancer.

Like most women, I have seen breast cancer up close and personal. It runs rampant in my husband's family. Add that to women friends, colleages and others I am no stranger to breast cancer.

1 out of 8 (12%) of women get breast cancer. And as they saying goes...100% of women worry about getting breast cancer.

Shine a microscope on anybody, you will usually find there is the good and the bad. Celebrities have a big spotlight on them that we ordinary folk do not. 

Women are over half the population in the U.S. Under the category of good, a foundation dedicated towards this horrible disease comes out as pretty darn good.

Too bad those who want to cannot paint him as total pond scum.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Interesting take from Globe op-ed

Is Deen really the villain? And is assigning blame avoiding the real issue?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/columns/2013/07/01/paula-deen-bubba-problem/K1XaiboF3jtKhthkUt7KKM/story.html?s_campaign=sm_tw

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

jed,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

miscricket,

Exactly on Paula Deen.

And Alec Baldwin has had a foundation for breast cancer for years. 

This is not because as a celebrity he might feel he "needs" a charity. His mother fought and beat breast cancer.

Like most women, I have seen breast cancer up close and personal. It runs rampant in my husband's family. Add that to women friends, colleages and others I am no stranger to breast cancer.

1 out of 8 (12%) of women get breast cancer. And as they saying goes...100% of women worry about getting breast cancer.

Shine a microscope on anybody, you will usually find there is the good and the bad. Celebrities have a big spotlight on them that we ordinary folk do not. 

Women are over half the population in the U.S. Under the category of good, a foundation dedicated towards this horrible disease comes out as pretty darn good.

Too bad those who want to cannot paint him as total pond scum.

[/QUOTE]

You do know that Paula Deen, Obama supporter and campaigner, had breast cancer?

See, waht is funny here, is that progressives have been caught by the trap of their bigotted views on southerners.  Paula Deen, strange accent, uneducated, southerner, so she must be a knuckledragging conservative TEA partier.  

Turns out she is a progressive, supported Obama so much that she campaigned for him.

It is always fun to show the progressives their own bigotted blind side.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Skeeter seems to have missed the last 74 posts in this thread. Have another beer, skeets. Not sure what you think you're talkinga bout, but at  least you'll be a little less frustrated.

"As far as Paula Deen..she may be only in her 60's...but she also grew up in the South..where it seems they are just now catching up to the rest of the country in regards to racial tolerance. "

Just NOW catching up?  Spoken like someone who hasn't a clue as to what has been happeningthe last fifty years.

Like I said, progressives showing their bigotry towards southerners.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

I see. One person noted that Paula Deen grew up in the South, where she admits to have called black people n____s, and that is proof that all libruls are bigots towards the South.

Makes perfect sense.

"she also grew up in the South..where it seems they are just now catching up to the rest of the country in regards to racial tolerance. "

Did you miss the rest of the statement above...or "are you just being obtuse" (The Shawshank Redemption)?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

I see. One person noted that Paula Deen grew up in the South, where she admits to have called black people n____s, and that is proof that all libruls are bigots towards the South.

Makes perfect sense.

"she also grew up in the South..where it seems they are just now catching up to the rest of the country in regards to racial tolerance. "

Did you miss the rest of the statement above...or "are you just being obtuse" (The Shawshank Redemption)?

[/QUOTE]

Wow..you would really have to reach to imply that anything in my comment was bigoted. Are you saying that the North and South have historically felt the exact same way about racism over the last 50 years? Are you saying there is no regional difference whatsoever? If you are..then you have clearly not spent a lot of time in the deep south. For sure..things are much improved ( as evidenced by the recent SCOTUS decision)...but among Paula Deen's generation there are still very clear remnants of those traditions.

Nevermind that my comment was meant to defend and explain her comments 30 plus years ago as more a sign of a cultural thing than her own personal bias. Wow..and everyone says liberals are sensitive. Methinks there are some very sensitive people on this forum if one can't discuss the cultural and social factors that explain Deen's comments without "offending" someone.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]

Like I thought you'd ignore Baldwin's transgressions but hold Deen to some higher standard, due to your personal biases.  Just calling a pointed shovel a pointed shovel.

Why is it anyone's job to express outrage over Baldwin's ridiculous twitter outburst? All it proves is my contention that some people ( Baldwin) should not use social media. Besides...it seems to me that most of us in this politics forum don't have a particular interest in Baldwin's latest rant. After all...one would need to have..literally..no life if they were to express outrage at Baldwin's every transgression. There are too many to count..and Baldwin has become largely irrelevent. In other words..no one cares about Baldwin's opinion.

What you seem to be missing in your blind ..faux indignation on behalf of Paula Deen is that most people on this thread..regardless of political leaning...agree that there was an over-reaction on behalf of the businesses that dropped her.

So..the bigger question is why are you getting so angry with Andiejen..et al...and not the businesses that cut ties with her?

[/QUOTE]

The media go after people like Paula Deen and keep a story stoked up enough to where her sponsors felt forced to act.  On the other hand Baldwin gets a free path; nothing to see here just Alec being Alec.  He was in a Capitol One ad last night.

I'm tired of the two faced selective indignation.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The media go after people like Paula Deen and keep a story stoked up enough to where her sponsors felt forced to act.  On the other hand Baldwin gets a free path; nothing to see here just Alec being Alec.  He was in a Capitol One ad last night.

[/QUOTE]

Ahh..so you real complaint is with the media? Sorry..even that is not really valid. I can't turn on the radio without hearing some reference to Baldwin's twitter meltdown...though admittedly now it's reached the stage where they are ridiculing him. On the other hand..I didn't hear about the Paula Deen thing until I saw this post.

Maybe we just listen to different entertainment media.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't see this as right or left....I see it simply as Baldwin being the hotter head and more popular than Deen. Baldwin's been throwing temper tantrums for years...the press loves him as their headline, when Lindsey or Sean Penn aren't available.

Ironically enough, seems his brother Stephen is more of the homophobe.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2010/jan/31/stephen-baldwin-interview

[/QUOTE]

MO,

Here is the most relevant part of that interview. I have known little brother Stephen was a born again Christian yet displayed some very intolerant views.

But then, the day after, we speak again on the phone and I ask him what he'd do if one of his girls came out as a lesbian and the other became a stripper. "Jesus or no Jesus, if my kid started working in a strip club, I'd beat her ass," he hoots. "Now, the other question is interesting and culturally relevant. I have two or three very dear friends who are homosexual and they know I'm born again and we have an understanding that we're just not going there…"

I'm not surprised. For the next 20 minutes, we have an intense discussion – argument, really – during which Stephen reveals that he's all for gay men who, through their faith, reject their homosexuality and get married: "To turn away from that lifestyle is astonishing." Yes, Stephen, it is. And he's definitely not for gay marriage.

What about civil partnerships, I ask wearily.

"I believe that the family unit has fundamentally been the most positive thing for society and I don't believe that any minority has the right to create changes that impact on the majority. That's really the only issue for me."

And so Stephen and I part company, both feeling disappointed in each other. It's a shame, but it's one of those things. You can really like someone, but when you disagree so decisively on the way you should treat others, you can never really be friends. Honestly, what is it about American born-again Christians that makes them so intolerant? ­Whatever happened to loving thy ­neighbour?

Lovely guy. Lovely example of an American born-again Christian who thrives on intolerance.

Give me a tolerant atheist over this anyday.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

One example of Hollywood "progressives" who don't care for Alec Baldwin....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udS6losK7Ts

jed,

Team America...pretty darn funny!!!