Top Democrat warns IRS scandal has much more to come and will get much worse

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Top Democrat warns IRS scandal has much more to come and will get much worse

Senior Democratic Sen. Max Baucus, who recently slapped Obamacare as a "train wreck," believes that the IRS scandal is just beginning and that "a lot more" damaging information will be revealed, likely at congressional hearings.

"I have a hunch that a lot more is going to come out, frankly," Baucus, whose pending retirement seems to have freed him up to speak bluntly, told Bloomberg Government's "Capitol Gains" TV show.

"It's broader than the current focus. And I think it's important that we have the hearings, and I think that will encourage other information to come out that has not yet come out. I suspect that we will learn more in the next several days, maybe the next couple three weeks which adds more context to all of this," added Baucus, chairman of the Senate Finance Committee.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Top Democrat warns IRS scandal has much more to come and will get much worse

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

In response to tvoter's comment:

Senior Democratic Sen. Max Baucus, who recently slapped Obamacare as a "train wreck," believes that the IRS scandal is just beginning and that "a lot more" damaging information will be revealed, likely at congressional hearings.

"I have a hunch that a lot more is going to come out, frankly," Baucus, whose pending retirement seems to have freed him up to speak bluntly, told Bloomberg Government's "Capitol Gains" TV show.

"It's broader than the current focus. And I think it's important that we have the hearings, and I think that will encourage other information to come out that has not yet come out. I suspect that we will learn more in the next several days, maybe the next couple three weeks which adds more context to all of this," added Baucus, chairman of the Senate Finance Committee.

[QUOTE]

Nowhere does Baucus say anything even remotely close to the idea that the info will be 'damaging'.

a lot more" damaging information will be revealed

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Top Democrat warns IRS scandal has much more to come and will get much worse

The quote is "a lot more" - you're the one editorializing by adding the 'damaging info' part.

You are putting words into his mouth and changing the complete meaning of what he said.

Geewhiz, are you really that dumb?

Uh no I'm not.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/democrat-baucus-warns-more-to-come-out-on-irs-scandal/article/2529913

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

uh oh!!!

WASHINGTON — The Treasury Department’s inspector general told senior Treasury officials in June 2012 he was investigating allegations that the Internal Revenue Service had targeted conservative groups, disclosing for the first time on Friday that Obama administration officials were aware of the matter during the presidential campaign year.

Shlt just got real

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/18/us/politics/irs-scandal-congressional-hearings.html?_r=0

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

uh oh!!!

WASHINGTON — The Treasury Department’s inspector general told senior Treasury officials in June 2012 he was investigating allegations that the Internal Revenue Service had targeted conservative groups, disclosing for the first time on Friday that Obama administration officials were aware of the matter during the presidential campaign year.

Shlt just got real

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/18/us/politics/irs-scandal-congressional-hearings.html?_r=0

Obama last week:

"I didn't know about this until i heard it from the news, just like you guys"

Pants on fire?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

Way to move those goal posts.

Why don't you start another thread about the same topic so you can be redundant ...all over again.

How is the treasury secretary saying the WH was told in 2012 and pointing out that Obama said last week "I didnt know anything about it until it hit the news yesterday"

Moving the goal posts lmmfao!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

When Republicans asked Mr. Miller whether the targeting of conservative groups was divulged to Obama administration officials outside the I.R.S., Mr. Miller said “that would be a violation of law.

“I would be shocked” if that occurred, he said.

BOOM!!!

Really? So, he basically saying I told WH officials but, only those in my chain of command (IRS) which includes Obama!!

Obama is the ultimate leader of the federal govt which includes the IRS

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters aboard Air Force One on Monday that the White House counsel’s office was briefed last month on the investigation into the Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of conservative groups.

Carney said the IRS inspector general notified the White House counsel’s office during the week of April 22 that it was completing a review of the IRS office in Cincinnati that targeted conservative political groups for special examination.

Well, wait a minute: Didn’t President Obama say he was unaware until last Friday of the scandal?

Remember, the president said during Monday’s joint press conference with U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron [emphasis added]: “I first learned about it from the same news reports that I think most people learned about this. I think it was on Friday.

Huh. The White House was notified in April, but the president only found out last week.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

WASHINGTON — The Treasury Department’s inspector general told senior Treasury officials in June 2012 he was auditing the Internal Revenue Service’s screening of politically active organizations seeking tax exemptions, disclosing for the first time on Friday that Obama administration officials were aware of the matter during the presidential campaign year.       

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Now we know how Harry Reid got Romneys tax returns.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

So Harry Reid was spot-on when he said Romney hadn't paid any taxes in 10 yrs, he was reading the originals.

And ya'll thought Reid was lying....

Well he was.  Romney produced returns, and he paid taxes.

But, that's not the point.  The point is that htis is not an isolated incident, it wasn't low level peole showing initiative.  It apparently had it's roots in Obama's philosophies on this matter.  No need for him to give direct orders.  He telegraphed his desires through his speeches, and his flying monkees in the IRS went to work.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Obama's biggest problem; the outrage in Congress on this issue is bi-partisan, and the utterances from Miller are inconsistent with what others have said. His defense of Ingram also is inexcusable. IMO, this seems worse than Benghazi, which may have already taken a back seat.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

So Harry Reid was spot-on when he said Romney hadn't paid any taxes in 10 yrs, he was reading the originals.

And ya'll thought Reid was lying....

You may be right. Reid needs to be put on the stand under oath. This sounds like election tampering.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Continuously posting pictures rather than text is clearly SPAM. Knock it off, please.

Use your words.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Continuously posting pictures rather than text is clearly SPAM. Knock it off, please.

Use your words.

Br'er Crankup what's the problem ? You cut and paste paragraphs of other peoples work and fail to give them credit ..... That is defined as plagiarism .

BTW I don't think you are deep enough to get the meanings of most of my photos anyways.