Trayvon-Zimmerman

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re: Trayvon-Zimmerman

In Response to Trayvon-Zimmerman:
    [QUOTE]The way I see it played out, not as much hype and dramatics as the OJ trial. Hopefully the judge won't be the loon that controlled (?) the Anna Nicole trial. Not as drawn out as the Casey Anthony trial.There will be a few surprises that will have some coming back here saying "told you so." They'll be the constant barrage of forum quarterbacks. The drama will all take place with the talk shows and news outlets. I see it ending with Zimmerman being set free. Riots will follow, I have no doubt. Sadly there will be another Reginald Denny story, although I don' think it will be a white victim. Zimmerman will make headlines again with a sad ending. In the end, it will all become yesterdays news and they'll be something else for us to yammer about. Anyone else care to share how they see it played out?
    Posted by msobstinate99[/QUOTE]

I tend to think you are right. Maybe not the riot part.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

There will continue to be histrionics from the usual people trying to gain political advantage from a tragedy.

But then again, that's what they do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Zimmerman is coward, just like anyone who walks around with a gun who isn't a cop.  Without that gun in his pocket, Zimmerman might have had to use his bare hands in a confrontation, so he would have stayed in his van like the coward he is.  His gun gave him his courage, and the backwards GOP gun laws in Florida allow these cowards to shoot first, then claim self-defense. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In Response to Re: Trayvon-Zimmerman:
    [QUOTE]Zimmerman is coward, just like anyone who walks around with a gun who isn't a cop.  Without that gun in his pocket, Zimmerman might have had to use his bare hands in a confrontation, so he would have stayed in his van like the coward he is.  His gun gave him his courage, and the backwards GOP gun laws in Florida allow these cowards to shoot first, then claim self-defense. 
    Posted by UserName99[/QUOTE]

So, what you seem to be saying is that guns are for people who may not be able to readily defend themselves without assistance. By Jove, I think that you may be on to something here!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trayvon-Zimmerman : So, what you seem to be saying is that guns are for people who may not be able to readily defend themselves without assistance. By Jove, I think that you may be on to something here!
    Posted by StalkingButler[/QUOTE]

I'm saying that Zimmerman without a gun sits in his van and calls the cops, and Martin lives. 

But the Zimmerman with a gun gets out of his van and approaches people that he profiles as suspicious, because he knows he can just 'defend himself' if things go badly.

Allowing a person like this to carry a gun turns him into a predator.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

I think no matter what happens, this case will be the one that ultimately lead to repeal of the stand your ground law in Florida.  Not solely because of the case but because it is problematic for state prosecutors.  There are drug dealers who have gotten off for shooting other drug dealers because they used the stand your ground law as defense.  The law was drafted poorly and there are some serious unintended consequences because of it. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trayvon-Zimmerman : "Allowing a person like this to carry a gun turns him into a predator." Right, but how is the state of Florida supposed to know what a person might be like once they get a gun? Afterall there are millions of responsible gun owners in this country. If he had no criminal background and no documented history of mental issues then there was no legitimate reason for him to be denied a gun license.  The only way around this is to repeal the 2nd amendment. Of course then the only non-law enforcement people that will have guns will be the criminals. That ought to turn out well... And no...I don't own a gun nor have any desire to own a gun. 
    Posted by WhichOnesPink2[/QUOTE]

Florida could make it harder for people to carry a concealed weapon.  If you want a pistol for protection, fine, just leave it at home with a trigger lock on it.  Common sense rules like these are too much for th NRA (gun sales lobby).

Incidentally....this is the big NRA convention weekend for gun fetishists.  Ironically held in St. Louis, the gun violence capital of America.  According to the NRA website, the following politicians and pundits are scheduled to make speeches.

Mitt Romney
    Newt Gingrich
    Rick Perry
    Oliver North
    Darrell Issa
    Chuck Grassley
    Roy Blunt
    John Bolton
    Ken Blackwell
    Scott Walker
    Bobby Jindal
    Eric Cantor

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]There will continue to be histrionics from the usual people trying to gain political advantage from a tragedy. But then again, that's what they do.
    Posted by StalkingButler[/QUOTE]

They certainly do that a lot, don't they...??

It's likely how these moronically mis-applied 'stand your ground' laws got passed in the first place.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Trayvon-Zimmerman:
    [QUOTE]The way I see it played out, not as much hype and dramatics as the OJ trial. Hopefully the judge won't be the loon that controlled (?) the Anna Nicole trial. Not as drawn out as the Casey Anthony trial.There will be a few surprises that will have some coming back here saying "told you so." They'll be the constant barrage of forum quarterbacks. The drama will all take place with the talk shows and news outlets. I see it ending with Zimmerman being set free. Riots will follow, I have no doubt. Sadly there will be another Reginald Denny story, although I don't think it will be a white victim. Zimmerman will make headlines again with a sad ending. In the end, it will all become yesterdays news and they'll be something else for us to yammer about. Anyone else care to share how they see it played out?
    Posted by msobstinate99[/QUOTE]
    I agree. I found it curious to have the DA file for murder 2. I think proving intent to kill will be tough.
    One side of me thinks she did it to show it is a farce and let it be. Judge looks at evidence and doesn't let it go to trial.
    The other side thinks she did it to scare Zimmerman into pleading manslaughter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Trayvon-Zimmerman : I agree. I found it curious to have the DA file for murder 2. I think proving intent to kill will be tough. One side of me thinks she did it to show it is a farce and let it be. Judge looks at evidence and doesn't let it go to trial. The other side thinks she did it to scare Zimmerman into pleading manslaughter.
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

Murder 2 might be a reach, but it is likely she went that route in order to have room to plead him down to manslaughter, which seems more appropriate.  The arrest affadavit that was filed seems to indicate they aren't buying Zimmerman's story abut how everything went down, they clearly note that he pursued Trayvon after being told not to by the police, and the report does nto include his version of events (that he was jumped from behind).  I don't think the prosecutor is trying to run a game, I think she is gunning for a conviction. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trayvon-Zimmerman : Murder 2 might be a reach, but it is likely she went that route in order to have room to plead him down to manslaughter, which seems more appropriate.  The arrest affadavit that was filed seems to indicate they aren't buying Zimmerman's story abut how everything went down, they clearly note that he pursued Trayvon after being told not to by the police, and the report does nto include his version of events (that he was jumped from behind).  I don't think the prosecutor is trying to run a game, I think she is gunning for a conviction. 
    Posted by DamainAllen[/QUOTE]

It sounds like, based on the affadavit that was released, they are confident they can prove that Zimmerman continued the pursuit of Martin and was the one who made initial contact.

It is not a complex timeline, and based on where the actual altercation took place and the fact that Martin was on the phone nearly up to the instant he was shot, the prosecution likely feels very confident they can disprove Zimmerman's story.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.