TSA More pointless than ever

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: TSA More pointless than ever

You don't think having TSA gives pause for thought to those who want to take down planes? Is TSA perfect? No. Could TSA be better run and better at what they do? Hell yes. But what's the alternative? Get rid of them completely? You think that will work out well?

Why don't you take a page out of you're own book (yes I know WDYWN can't see my post, but others can) and instead of complaining, offer up solutions? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Deterrence? Maybe so.

Asking questions like "what is the point" of any federal employee or agency is dangerous.  They  mainly exist to fatten up the Democratic base: the growing public sector army of unionized bureaucrats and hacks. They are like barnicles; once they attach themselves to a federal paycheck and pension, they are never letting go. Can't scrape them off. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Not deterrence of a jail sentence, deterrence in the sense that terrorists could not very likely carry out another mass attack using airplanes as weapons, due to TSA security.  

Terrorists arent deterred from being martyred or being caught; but they want their attack to have a chance to succeed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

When this story broke I thought the same thing.. so..they are going to now allow on planes the very weapon that helped bring down the planes on 9/11? Of course in the interim...they've changed policies and made cockpits more secure..so there is that. Still..I don't think weapons of any kind should be allowed on planes. ( except of course for law enforcement).

Did you also hear that they are getting rid of those full body scanners..? The ones that they spent so much money installing in airports?

Their actions lately simply tell me that all this "protecting the flying public" has been nothing but a charade.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

When this story broke I thought the same thing.. so..they are going to now allow on planes the very weapon that helped bring down the planes on 9/11? Of course in the interim...they've changed policies and made cockpits more secure..so there is that. Still..I don't think weapons of any kind should be allowed on planes. ( except of course for law enforcement).

Did you also hear that they are getting rid of those full body scanners..? The ones that they spent so much money installing in airports?

Their actions lately simply tell me that all this "protecting the flying public" has been nothing but a charade.

Charade how? 

Not surprised they might be getting rid of the full bodsnacks nerd what with all the b!tching and moaning people do about them. With airport safety I look at it as damned if they do, damned if they don't. People don't like the scanners, pat downs, taking off shoes, etc. BUT, if they do nothing and another plane goes down these same people will be yelling that they didn't do enough to keep people safe. 

What's the right answer? People complain about what TSA is doing but I never see these people offer up solutions of what TO do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Charade how? 

Not surprised they might be getting rid of the full bodsnacks nerd what with all the b!tching and moaning people do about them. With airport safety I look at it as damned if they do, damned if they don't. People don't like the scanners, pat downs, taking off shoes, etc. BUT, if they do nothing and another plane goes down these same people will be yelling that they didn't do enough to keep people safe. 

What's the right answer? People complain about what TSA is doing but I never see these people offer up solutions of what TO do.

I hear what you are saying..but there is no justification for their decision to start allowing knives on planes is foolish. I don't disagree with security screenings..but perhaps the agents could be trained a little bit better so that people in wheelchairs or toddlers in diapers aren't getting strip searched. Perhaps they should expand the use of the no fly list. I know there are no easy answers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

No...I didn't...     when do I get my tax refund?

Ugh. Such a wasteful and panicked over-reaction on many fronts.

I heard it on the news this morning and just shook my head. The reasons quoted were the high dose of radiation the machines emitted and that it really wasn't more effective than the traditional scanners.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Charade how? 

I hear what you are saying..but there is no justification for their decision to start allowing knives on planes is foolish. I don't disagree with security screenings..but perhaps the agents could be trained a little bit better so that people in wheelchairs or toddlers in diapers aren't getting strip searched. Perhaps they should expand the use of the no fly list. I know there are no easy answers.

Have people in wheelchairs and toddlers actually been strip searched? If so that is disgusting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

They  mainly exist to fatten up the Democratic base: the growing public sector army of unionized bureaucrats and hacks.

Wait so when Bush set up TSA in 2001, he was trying to fatten up the Democratic base?

Yes.....Democrats are responsible for ALL federal employees.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Charade how? 

Have people in wheelchairs and toddlers actually been strip searched? If so that is disgusting.

There have been countless stories of it in the news over the past several years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Charade how? 

There have been countless stories of it in the news over the past several years.

Not sure how I missed all those stories of diapered kids and wheelchair bound people being strip searched. That's awful

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Am I missing something here?

Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense.

There is no way to measure if, having increased TSA and security, more stringent "body scans"  random explosive swipes and analysed, shoes examined closer etc have stopped or made any terrorist think twice.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

There is a complete lack of positive evidence that the Patriot Act was required to catch a terrorist before they acted. I'd think the defenders of the act would have something to point to when questioned, if there was something to point to

Maybe the lack of foreign terror attacks here in the last 12 years is evidence?

Some parts of it can be argued as hindering the enemies ability to communicate.

Sections
Shortcuts