Unemployment improves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

Re: Unemployment improves

Record 89,304,000 Americans 'Not in Labor Force' -- 296,000 Fewer Employed Since January

March 8, 2013

(CNSNews.com) - The number of Americans designated as "not in the labor force" in February was 89,304,000, a record high, up from 89,008,000 in January, according to the Department of Labor. This means that the number of Americans not in the labor force increased 296,000 between January and February.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) labels people who are unemployed and no longer looking for work as “not in the labor force,” including people who have retired on schedule, taken early retirement, or simply given up looking for work.

The increase marks the second month in a row, after rising in January from 88.8 million in December.  Those not in the labor force had declined in December from 88.9 million in November. 

The nation's unemployment rate decreased to 7.7 percent in February, down from 7.9 percent in January.  Overall unemployment “has shown little movement, on net, since September 2012,” the Labor Department said.

Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 236,000 in February, according to the report.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

skeeter would be happier with more unemployed

Quite the opposite, because apparently you are.

there are fewer people working this month than last month. Is that your idea of success?

i forgot, you are a conservative. Never mind.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to tacobreath's comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:

skeeter would be happier with more unemployed

(QUOTE)

Not to stick my nose in but...................I think skeeter is simply trying to say that the real (CBO, NLRB) unemployment rate is 14.4%.  NODODY wants "more unemployed".  We want this administration to focus soley on jobs and to stop lying about unemployment rates.  There are approximately 22-26 million Americans unemployed/underemployed.  It should be JOB-1 for the Obama administration and should have been since Jan 20, 2009.  Unfortunately, a healthcare debacle that 60% of America doesn`t want, very expensive vacations, 103 golf outings, and constant campaigning, are the incompetent`s focus.

You got me right. Thanks!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

In other words, Obama's polices favor the rich?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Let me translate: pass another pork laden bill funding useless public works projects done solely by over paid and underworked union thugs.

It is not about passing another bill, another work program,.  It is about getting government out of the way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

skeeter .. all politicians are rules by one master .... Wall Street..... Obama is the only president that I came remember talking about wealth inquality ... by no means do I agree with him all alot of issues but he is still better than anybody on the your side.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

skeeter you are being a hypocrite with that comment about pork laden bills, the righties give out more than their fair share of pork to their constituents  ... we all know pork is just another word for Federal Government making good things happen to local economies .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Greg how did you know that my eagle lands on Thursdays...... but I think that cartoon was printed over the weekend protraying another veteran sleeping on the streets.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

skeeter .. all politicians are rules by one master .... Wall Street..... Obama is the only president that I came remember talking about wealth inquality ... by no means do I agree with him all alot of issues but he is still better than anybody on the your side.

Unions don't rule politicians?

Better withhold your dues, because they are not beholden to you.

wealth inequality?  Do you mean some people work hard and are financially rewarded as a result?

It is time we stop with the bad behavior towards fellow citizens who happen to be successful, who happen to have more than the next gut.  Economic issues aside, it is simply immoral to treat successful people as if they are criminals, or worse yet, as if they are gun owners.  You know, guilty until Democrat?