US Weekly Guarantees McCain Victory!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobc33. Show bobc33's posts

US Weekly in their edition coming out this Friday has a cover of "Babies, Lies and Scandal: John McCain's Vice President."

This despicable piece of crap is going to have one lasting effect, the backlash it will create will guarantee a McCain victory November 4th.

You heard it here first.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aynnie. Show aynnie's posts

How about book banning, abstitnence only, firing troopers and belonging to a separatist group that does not recognize the US government?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

[Quote]republicans are delusional, they don't stand a chance. their using an outdated polling system to come up with some semblence of what will actually happen. did we forget voter registration for the dem. primary was far greater than that of the republican? did we forget that what remains of republicans are rallying around Palin b/c they couldn't stand Mccain to begin with? are we also forgetting the republican brand id dying thanks to Bush? why else would ten percent of republicans in the senate not bother showing up to their own convention? republicans may have had a hold of america that last 50 or so years but things are changing now, and -forgive me for injecting race- but older white people, you know the republican base won't be the majority much longer. young people and blacks will turn out in record numbers, in fact i think if we were all forced to vote we'd realize this country is a lot more liberal than we suspect.

just as someone pointed out the sudden drop in gas prices as the election is getting closer, the only way mccain wins is if israel attacks iran before the election, which they just might do b/c apparently they feel mccain would be the best choice, for them. or if Putin acts on his decleration that the US started the invasion for political reasons. people need to wake up and realize the world is a much different place than what you hear about on Fox and CNN, it hase nothing to do with conspiracies or sheople-nation or 9/11, or anything like that. these rich c*ocksuckers who we continually elect into office don't give a shiite about you or me, and that probably includes Obama.[/Quote]

Oh didn't you hear? Cindy McCain says Palin has foreign experience, since Alaska is close to Russia. Problem solved. Also, BobinVA last week declared Sarah Palin was the next VP, so it must be so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

This thread started with a posting about babies, lies, and scandal. As if its new. Cheney's daughter is openly gay, and Bush's twins got tossed out of Argentina, a country whose moral conduct would raise eyebrows in the court of Caligula. SO WHAT!!! I'm no GOP stalwart, but I commend Sarah Palin for trying to show an information thirsty public what she stands for and what she's about. Now, if she would only tell us what grounds SHE says were the cause for firing the Public Safety Commissioner, we might have something worth talking about!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

[Quote]
    She has more experience than Obama PERIOD!
    She has more executive experience than any of them!

She is the real deal and will be the next VP.[/Quote]

Careful...the rapturous right is quickly approaching Obama-like worship over their gun-totin' Queen Bee.

This from the party that supposedly puts "country first".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

[Quote]

Also, BobinVA last week declared Sarah Palin was the next VP, so it must be so.[/Quote]

Thanks for the kudos, mhc90 :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Scauma never lets the truth get in the way of a good post.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

In related news...

"The American Conservative" has claimed to have eye-witness accounts of Ms. Palin alighting to the earth borne by trumpeting angels in flowing white robes.

Said one of the witnesses, "Eh...happens all the time around here. This is God's country, you know."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheArtist-formerly-known-as-Boo. Show TheArtist-formerly-known-as-Boo's posts

I realize civilized debate is never going to happen. But looking at the cover objectively, it is a total negative to the Obama campaign (even if he wins in the end).

I think the media has so fallen in love with the idea of Barack Obama as the President that they have simply lost their minds. You would have to be crazy or utterly stupid to believe that you can outright attack the opposition under the guise of impartial journalism.

Here is the rub and likely why supporters of Obama keep giving the gift to McCain over and over again. Those middle and lower middle income folks you (Obama supporters) say you wish to help, ala tax cuts etc. They are typically socially conservative. They have seen family craziness and sometimes family tragedy. They are not looking to vote for the team of bullies.

So by all means, keep it going, because the original poster may have been a bit over zealous in his pronouncement, in the end this tactic is a big loser. Remember this is not an election where its 50% plus 1. If people in the "Rust Belt" turn off to the attack strategy of Sen. Obama's supporters, he loses.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheArtist-formerly-known-as-Boo. Show TheArtist-formerly-known-as-Boo's posts

Show me the polls Dave, I can show you polls on Abortion and the war. Remember Time has polling on Abortions and it does not support your impressions.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoDubya. Show BoDubya's posts

why in the world would someone who supports family values take a job in washington dc that will put a nanny in charge of the family. a family that obviously needs attention. my mom got a job after my sister and i reached 10 and 12 years old. that's family values - spending time with your kids. not dragging them into the the media spotlight so they can be molested by the press - just to get your ego stroked.

my conservative mom would never vote for this palin woman. palin's disgusting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

[Quote]How about book banning, abstitnence only, firing troopers and belonging to a separatist group that does not recognize the US government?[/Quote]

This mental case trooper named Wooten was never fired.He is the former brother in law of Governor Palin, who threatened to "put a bullet in the head" of the Governors' father...tasered his own son...and as recently as last summer, according to Wall Street Journal, has continued to behave aggressively toward the Palin family, taunting them "that he was a trooper and nothing would bring him down."

Public sector unions work in Alaska just like in Mass...no big deal, threaten to kill the Governor's father.... the union got him just a 10 day suspension.
    WSJ:
    And around the time [Public Safety commr] Mr. Monegan was fired, Ms. McCann called police after her ex-husband refused to comply with provisions of a court-visitation order and return her children. Gov. Palin said police "refused to intervene," but that eventually Mr. Wooten's supervisor got him to comply with the order. "Wooten was furious with the humiliation, and warned Molly that he was going to 'get' both her and Gov. Palin," the governor's filing says. "There is evidence suggesting that Wooten was following the governor."

Trooper Wooten will no doubt be a hero in Mass. Democratic circles as another "dedicated public servant", in the tradition of Whitey and Billy Bulger....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

[Quote]

Thanks for the kudos, mhc90 :)[/Quote]

Just sorry I missed the election, that's all. I hate when that happens.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from phigks. Show phigks's posts

As a Republican, I just don't get it.

By coercing her underage pregnant daughter's boyfriend to marry her,
    Levi Johnston gets thrust into this political life, too. Well, that's the
    hunky hockey stud's ding-a-ling's fault not Sarah Palin's. Kids will be kids.
    Welcome to the family, son. I'm sure we'll all be happy.

What a circus! Sarah, please leave our country alone and stop it from turning into a Jerry Springer episode. Your version of Christianity is so hopelessly far from
    the message of Christ that I'm ashamed that you purport to be a Christian.
    Except the part where you get to ask for forgiveness.

Mr. McCain, tell me what this has to do with foreign policy experience?
    Are you out of your mind? We have hit very serious times and you
    keep disappointing us.

I'm going with Ron Paul because he seems like the sanest one out there.
    And if he don't get elected, Romney in 2012.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Denisohainle. Show Denisohainle's posts

I would imagine that Obama's two daughters, if they should ever find themselves in the position that Bristol is in, will be allowed several choices: have an abortion, give the child up for adoption, keep the child, marry the father, not marry the father. I would imagine that Bristol will had no choice. She was probably told: You will have the child. You will keep the child. You will marry the father. The chances of a long term sucessful marriage between two 17 and 18 year children is close to nil. Bristol will become bitter knowing she had no choice. How sad for all involved.
    I am not a particular fan of Obama (no experience, young upstart, etc) but he will get my vote.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheArtist-formerly-known-as-Boo. Show TheArtist-formerly-known-as-Boo's posts

[Quote]Let's see em[/Quote]

http://www.christianliferesources.com/?/news/view.php&newsid=6233

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheArtist-formerly-known-as-Boo. Show TheArtist-formerly-known-as-Boo's posts

Its a Time Magazine poll. Time, true blue.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from greblok. Show greblok's posts

I never thought I'd live to see the day when the Liberal Left is far more judgmental and less forgiving of a person and her family than the Religious Right.

But that day is here in spades and it should certainly make us question our assumptions and prejudices about both the Left and the Right.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Denisohainle. Show Denisohainle's posts

[Quote]I never thought I'd live to see the day when the Liberal Left is far more judgmental and less forgiving of a person and her family than the Religious Right.

But that day is here in spades and it should certainly make us question our assumptions and prejudices about both the Left and the Right.[/Quote]

Yes, that day is here, get use to it. If need be, we liberals can and will become as mean and visious (sp?) as the religious right.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42Giants. Show 42Giants's posts

[Quote]why in the world would someone who supports family values take a job in washington dc that will put a nanny in charge of the family. a family that obviously needs attention. my mom got a job after my sister and i reached 10 and 12 years old. that's family values - spending time with your kids. not dragging them into the the media spotlight so they can be molested by the press - just to get your ego stroked.

my conservative mom would never vote for this palin woman. palin's disgusting.[/Quote]

I don't think accepting the nomination for VP is stroking ones ego. It is an honor to be asked and she accepted. Here is a woman who has worked hard her entire life to get to where is she is today. You have no idea that a nanny will be in charge of her children, her husband will be there. Does she have other family members that can help out, YES.
    Did you feel the same way about JFK when he was running? He had children, why didn't he just stay at home and support his family values? How about Jimmy Carter? There are a lot of people working in governments from local, state to federal levels who have families and make it work. Yes, both men and women......

I would much rather vote for a woman who knows what it is like to work hard and raise a family in these tough times than vote for someone who has been groomed for the position his entire life and knows nothing about the average family.

If MCCain picked a single father, would say he was disgusting?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

[Quote]One thing that is true about lower and middle class people is that they, like the rest of the country, are pro choice and overwhelmingly opposed to the war in Iraq.[/Quote]

don't presume to speak for all the lower classes, Davey, even if you are a member in good standing.

how's your tooth? still lonely?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManOnTheSilverMountain. Show ManOnTheSilverMountain's posts

[Quote]If MCCain picked a single father, would say he was disgusting?[/Quote]

Most definitely. This is the highest profile event in American politics. It means each side tries to tear the other's throat out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

[Quote]I would imagine that Obama's two daughters, if they should ever find themselves in the position that Bristol is in, will be allowed several choices: have an abortion, give the child up for adoption, keep the child, marry the father, not marry the father. I would imagine that Bristol will had no choice. She was probably told: You will have the child. You will keep the child. You will marry the father. The chances of a long term sucessful marriage between two 17 and 18 year children is close to nil. Bristol will become bitter knowing she had no choice. How sad for all involved.
    I am not a particular fan of Obama (no experience, young upstart, etc) but he will get my vote.
    [/Quote]

you're good at imagining.
    I bet that comes in handy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

[Quote]

Yes, that day is here, get use to it. If need be, we liberals can and will become as mean and visious (sp?) as the religious right. [/Quote]

and just as stupid
    it's spelled vicious, although I'm pretty sure vacuous is more accurate.

How's the kids?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42Giants. Show 42Giants's posts

[Quote]

Most definitely. This is the highest profile event in American politics. It means each side tries to tear the other's throat out.[/Quote]

Then in this case, O'bama should drop out since he has children and he should be home taking care of them.

Sections
Shortcuts