USA and Russia reach deal on Syria

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

USA and Russia reach deal on Syria

Good work ..... let's hope everything works out for all parties involved especially the people of Syria

Semper Fi

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Re: USA and Russia reach deal on Syria

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Good work ..... let's hope everything works out for all parties involved especially the people of Syria

Semper Fi

I agree. Great job by Kerry.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Great job by Kerry.

He and Obama are like firemen that start a fire so they can claim to be a hero when they put it out.

What about China? They have a UN veto too.

The whole episode is a complete fiasco and embarassment.  All Obama has done in the Middle East is to unleash radical Islam to replace the dictators that kept them under control. 

Arab Spring my a55.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

Great job by Kerry.

He and Obama are like firemen that start a fire so they can claim to be a hero when they put it out.

The whole episode is a complete fiasco and embarassment.  All Obama has done in the Middle East is to unleash radical Islam to replace the dictators that kept them under control. 

Arab Spring my a55.

Hey .... Hail ... Hail ..... Hailstone ..... are you talking about that dictator named Saddam Hussein ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Great job by Kerry.

Arab Spring my a55.

Hey .... Hail ... Hail ..... Hailstone ..... are you talking about that dictator named Saddam Hussein ?

Typical bong-induced, content-free reply. 

Because of the weakness and incompetence displayed by Obama and Kerry we are going to be tested again by Russia, China, Iran.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Great job by Kerry.

Arab Spring my a55.

Typical bong-induced, content-free reply. 

Because of the weakness and incompetence displayed by Obama and Kerry we are going to be tested again by Russia, China, Iran.  

I think he was tested and showed that he wasn't afraid to take a difficult and unpopular stand to start to solve the problem of chemical weapons in the hands of a dictator ...

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Great job by Kerry.

Arab Spring my a55.

Obama started this fire?  How, by saying the US would not allow the use of chemical weapons?

However it came about, the US will be responsible for eliminating chemical weapons from Syria without any military intervention.  

Neo-cons have kinder words for Putin than they have ever had for Obama, and now they are hoping that China will put a stop to this.  Hansori is hoping that Syria gets to hold on to their chemical weapons, just so Obama looks bad.  Amazing.

I'm looking forward to the mid-term elections.  The Dems will have some great sound-bites for ammunition when this is all said and done.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Leftwingers have such faith in Putin and Assad to live up to their agreement. How touching. I thought it was the neo-cons that were cheering for Putin.

Obama started the mess by trying to get us involved in something that had no support. He was leading the charge and when he turned around there was no one there.

When I see Obama supporting terrorists in Palestine, Egypt, Libya and now Syria, I see the same thing happening that led to Iran and Afghanistan turning into rougue states. I fail to see how that is good for us.

Libya and Egypt are already on their way to becoming home to terrorists that want to attack us. Congratulations lefties!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Obama is showing what great leadership looks like ....... he doesn't care how he looks ..... he only cares if the the USA and the world is safer .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to G0DVERNMENT's comment:

Obama is showing what great leadership looks like ....... he doesn't care how he looks ..... he only cares if the the USA and the world is safer .

safer from who? from him? how many more decades of the mafia style safety racket do we have to put up with before all of the simpletons finally get a clue?

Tell me what the clues are .... then maybe we can discuss it

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:

Semper Fi

I agree. Great job by Kerry.

Yes, great job.  Kerry stopped Putin's fist with his chin.

Wisely, Kerry stayed on the mat after that "strategic" victory.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

safer from who? from him? how many more decades of the mafia style safety racket do we have to put up with before all of the simpletons finally get a clue?

Clues?  You don't read much, do you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

skeeter ok you tell me what the clues are

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

syria has never admitted to or been found guilty of using chemical weapons. america and it's closest ally, israel, have. so when obama comes to an agreement to give up and stop using his own chemical weapons, when he demands israel give up and stop using their chemical weapons, then, maybe, perhaps, you can accurately say that he cares about the safety of america and the world.

GOD-fermenting so I imagine that your idea of keeping America safe is a policy of isolationism ..... sounds good on paper but not in the modernize world ....

please tell us where the USA or Israel has use chemical weapons ..... I'm sure you will say using depleted urianum or Willie Pete ..... I agree bad stuff and will kick your ... for along time .... but give examples .. if you can't just shut your pie hole and make believe you live in your utopia of where GODERNMENT doesn't exist

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

skeeter ok you tell me what the clues are

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/charles-krauthammer-the-fruits-of-epic-incompetence/2013/09/12/7e6771d2-1bdf-11e3-a628-7e6dde8f889d_story.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/charles-krauthammer-unless-hes-serious-vote-no/2013/09/05/18fb85be-165c-11e3-804b-d3a1a3a18f2c_story.html

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

skeeter I'm not going to do your work ...... write out your comment .... so I can read it ... if not just go about your day and live in peace and freedom that Obama supplys for you

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Leftwingers have such faith in Putin and Assad to live up to their agreement. How touching. I thought it was the neo-cons that were cheering for Putin.

Obama started the mess by trying to get us involved in something that had no support. He was leading the charge and when he turned around there was no one there.

When I see Obama supporting terrorists in Palestine, Egypt, Libya and now Syria, I see the same thing happening that led to Iran and Afghanistan turning into rougue states. I fail to see how that is good for us.

Libya and Egypt are already on their way to becoming home to terrorists that want to attack us. Congratulations lefties!!

To summarize:

Obama and the US, according to the wingnuts, had no justification to launch a strike at Syria, despite the fact that Syria broke a long-standing worldwide UN ban on chemical weapons. Apparently Saddam breaking a UN resolution and gassing his own people a quarter of a century prior is enough justification to invade his country. lose 4000 American troops in the process and still not find those wmd's.

Fine. Whatever...

Putin in Russia and Assad in Syria admit that Syria has stockpiles of wmd (something Saddam constantly denied and was proven he wasn't lying) and the ability to manufacture more. They agree to an ultimatum which demands the unilateral disarming of these weapons overseen by international inspectors under a UN resolution. They also agree to go on record, signing the UN chemical weapons ban pledging not to use or manufacture these weapons in the future.... and did all this all because Kerry made a condescending, sarcastic remark. The US gets wmd out of the hands of a psychopath without firing a shot and the the wingnuts are apoplectic because we didn't lose 4000 more Americans in a futile war to do it.

So, despite the fact that everything about the negotiation is in the US's favor, the whackjob wingnuts go beserk and plant their lips squarely on Putin's derier, proclaiming him a 'winner' for giving the US everything we wanted....all because they share a common hatred from Obama.

The wingnuts are one seriously unhinged bunch of dipsticks.

As a presidential candidate, Sen. Barack Obama (D.-Ill.) emphatically stated that the Constitution does not give the president the authority to unilaterally authorize a military attack unless it is needed to stop an actual or imminent attack on the United States.

Obama made the assertion in a Dec. 20, 2007 interview with the Boston Globe when reporter Charlie Savage asked him under what circumstances the president would have the constitutional authority to bomb Iran without first seeking authorization from Congress.

“The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation,” Obama responded.“As Commander-in-Chief, the President does have a duty to protect and defend the United States,” Obama continued. “In instances of self-defense, the President would be within his constitutional authority to act before advising Congress or seeking its consent. History has shown us time and again, however, that military action is most successful when it is authorized and supported by the Legislative branch.”

------------------------

There is no such threat to the USA as a result of chemical weapons being used in Syria. It is obvious by Obama's actions that he does not have support of Congress to conduct a military strike on Syria.

And I see the leftwingers here continue to have faith in Putin and Assad that they are going to go through all of the bureaucratic steps to verify that the weapons have been identified and destroyed in the MIDDLE OF A CIVIL WAR?!?!? Didn't Assad say he didn't have any? Oh he was lying?Shocker! But now the dull witted lefties believe him when he agrees to destroy all of his chemical weapons.

This is all face-saving politics by the President at the expense of our security for we will certainly be threatened again to test the weaknes and incompetence displayed by Obama. That is the real threat here, not Syria's chemical weapons.

Dull witted libruls - fighting for the islamic jihadists

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

To summarize:

Obama and the US, according to the wingnuts, had no justification to launch a strike at Syria, despite the fact that Syria broke a long-standing worldwide UN ban on chemical weapons. Apparently Saddam breaking a UN resolution and gassing his own people a quarter of a century prior is enough justification to invade his country. lose 4000 American troops in the process and still not find those wmd's.

Fine. Whatever...

Putin in Russia and Assad in Syria admit that Syria has stockpiles of wmd (something Saddam constantly denied and was proven he wasn't lying) and the ability to manufacture more. They agree to an ultimatum which demands the unilateral disarming of these weapons overseen by international inspectors under a UN resolution. They also agree to go on record, signing the UN chemical weapons ban pledging not to use or manufacture these weapons in the future.... and did all this all because Kerry made a condescending, sarcastic remark. The US gets wmd out of the hands of a psychopath without firing a shot and the the wingnuts are apoplectic because we didn't lose 4000 more Americans in a futile war to do it.

So, despite the fact that everything about the negotiation is in the US's favor, the whackjob wingnuts go beserk and plant their lips squarely on Putin's derier, proclaiming him a 'winner' for giving the US everything we wanted....all because they share a common hatred from Obama.

The wingnuts are one seriously unhinged bunch of dipsticks.

As a presidential candidate, Sen. Barack Obama (D.-Ill.) emphatically stated that the Constitution does not give the president the authority to unilaterally authorize a military attack unless it is needed to stop an actual or imminent attack on the United States.

Obama made the assertion in a Dec. 20, 2007 interview with the Boston Globe when reporter Charlie Savage asked him under what circumstances the president would have the constitutional authority to bomb Iran without first seeking authorization from Congress.

“The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation,” Obama responded.“As Commander-in-Chief, the President does have a duty to protect and defend the United States,” Obama continued. “In instances of self-defense, the President would be within his constitutional authority to act before advising Congress or seeking its consent. History has shown us time and again, however, that military action is most successful when it is authorized and supported by the Legislative branch.”

------------------------

There is no such threat to the USA as a result of chemical weapons being used in Syria. It is obvious by Obama's actions that he does not have support of Congress to conduct a military strike on Syria.

And I see the leftwingers here continue to have faith in Putin and Assad that they are going to go through all of the bureaucratic steps to verify that the weapons have been identified and destroyed in the MIDDLE OF A CIVIL WAR?!?!? Didn't Assad say he didn't have any? Oh he was lying?Shocker! But now the dull witted lefties believe him when he agrees to destroy all of his chemical weapons.

This is all face-saving politics by the President at the expense of our security for we will certainly be threatened again to test the weaknes and incompetence displayed by Obama. That is the real threat here, not Syria's chemical weapons.

Dull witted libruls - fighting for the islamic jihadists

UN weapon inspectors will verify that they have been destroyed - not Russia.

Best case scenario, we never see chemical weapons used in Syria again, and the US takes weapons out of the hands of the Syrian government without firing a shot. 

Worst case scenario, some chemical weapons are destroyed, Assad uses his remaining stock again, and we're back to where we were two weeks ago.  Except this time, the UN is far more invested, and if Russia vetos intervention, they look complicit.  

Either result is a lot better than the result of any type of military action could hope to be.  I don't know how you can pretend you are the patriotic party, and be upset about this outcome.  

A good move for the US would be to authorize military strikes now in the event that the agreement is breached, and the UN fails to act.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts